Weather Talk

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Yeah, it’s a boom you climb into, with the tools and in my case a window, then raise up to the second floor and install it. The boom can be moved from window to window steering it from the bucket.
Nice
When I installed windows, it was staging, no lifts then that were available.
I used a high lift, it would go 80’ at least. Had a old fella in it straight out. He was welding a new name on the ship. Just barely move and the bucket would go up and down about two feet.
Oh Jesus do do that , he would say.
Haha
Wrong thing to say to me.
Haha
Caper

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Nice
When I installed windows, it was staging, no lifts then that were available.
I used a high lift, it would go 80’ at least. Had a old fella in it straight out. He was welding a new name on the ship. Just barely move and the bucket would go up and down about two feet.
Oh Jesus do do that , he would say.
Haha
Wrong thing to say to me.
Haha
Caper
Yeah, lots of crazy crap I did as a young man too. Contracting painting houses, I once did a three story and my largest extension ladder left me two feet short of reaching the gable end soffit/facia peak.
Too cheap to rent a boom, I backed my pickup truck up, opened the tailgate and sat my (40’ I think) extension ladder on the opened tailgate and climbed up and finished those two feet. The suspension on the truck at that hieght was greatly exaggerated and my ass was quite puckered.....🤣

Of course I was mid 20’s and would never even contemplate such idiocy today. I was over a concrete patio to boot. Lights out if I had fallen.and I wouldn’t be here today for @Wallace to yank my chain.....🤣🤣🤣

Wallace

Wallace

Well that didn't go as planned
Lifetime Member
Jun 28, 2017
Lonoke Arkansas
Ownership

1. 500
NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My damn house has the whole main floor on two circuits, we’re getting a new panel, so he’s going to fix some stuff.
😊
Caper
I had one circuit running 75% of the outlets and another circuit running all of the lights in this place before I gutted it and redid everything. I had bare knob and tube connected to copper 12/2 in the walls and by bare I mean they didn't bother to even tape where they spliced it together. They just spread the wires apart stripped some insulation and wrapped the new copper around the stripped wire and walked away. Amazed it didn't burn down.

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yeah, lots of crazy crap I did as a young man too. Contracting painting houses, I once did a three story and my largest extension ladder left me two feet short of reaching the gable end soffit/facia peak.
Too cheap to rent a boom, I backed my pickup truck up, opened the tailgate and sat my (40’ I think) extension ladder on the opened tailgate and climbed up and finished those two feet. The suspension on the truck at that hieght was greatly exaggerated and my ass was quite puckered.....🤣

Of course I was mid 20’s and would never even contemplate such idiocy today. I was over a concrete patio to boot. Lights out if I had fallen.and I wouldn’t be here today for @Wallace to yank my chain.....🤣🤣🤣
The tales we've lived to tell of our young and dumb days are sometimes surprising.

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500

I was on my 40’ last year fixing my chimney. It just reached with me four feet above the top rung with my wife yelling st me.
That’s going to help.
Haha
Caper

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
2 presumptive cases here now a new one at Childrens and a couple suspected cases here at UAMS.
[/QUOTE✌️
Wallace
You need this t shirt
😊
Caper
898C0BF3 8712 4D49 83B7 8279D252B9D5

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
I had one circuit running 75% of the outlets and another circuit running all of the lights in this place before I gutted it and redid everything. I had bare knob and tube connected to copper 12/2 in the walls and by bare I mean they didn't bother to even tape where they spliced it together. They just spread the wires apart stripped some insulation and wrapped the new copper around the stripped wire and walked away. Amazed it didn't burn down.
Sooo many homes were like that. You really had to be careful working around it.
😊
Caper

advertisement
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
2 presumptive cases here now a new one at Childrens and a couple suspected cases here at UAMS.
Yep....🙄

The chief doc at infectious disease that the administration has been trotting out says it’s going to affect 50-60% of Americans before it’s all over.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Yep, the lake house I just sold last fall was originally wired in knob and tube, much of it was still in use, as you described, there was 12 and 14 Romex spliced in to it. The insulation on K&T was braided cloth (as with original Romex) and mostly long rotted away. The house was built in 1947 and was completely over the water to boot.....😳

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I was on my 40’ last year fixing my chimney. It just reached with me four feet above the top rung with my wife yelling st me.
That’s going to help.
Haha
Caper
I’m pretty sure I’d agree with your wife. You’re a bit advanced in age to be upon a 40’ EL.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Great,
My buddy has a fall out shelter in Alberta. He should open it up.
😊
Caper
Not sure how old you are but the riskiest category is the elderly. I think CDC is putting that number at 70+, not me. Bomb shelter won’t be necessary, it’s more likely that you’ll suffer economic pain more so than health problems.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!