Weather Talk

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Very cool to make it to that age, as long as one has reasonably decent health.
The aunt that just died was not good for the past five years, but my aunt that’s still here, lives by herself. Doesn’t have anybody looking after her. Family and friends bring her food once and awhile.
She will tell you like it is. I guess when you get to 100, your allowed.
😊
Caper

R

rickoshea

i'm looking at snow up at the cottage for 3 of the next 7 days.right now we're at the rental getting it prepped for the new tenants but were thinking of heading up there next week.now i have no choice,i need to go move some snow.and take the pioneer out for a spin and maybe test the ice thickness on the lake.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
The aunt that just died was not good for the past five years, but my aunt that’s still here, lives by herself. Doesn’t have anybody looking after her. Family and friends bring her food once and awhile.
She will tell you like it is. I guess when you get to 100, your allowed.
😊
Caper
When I get done running around like a chicken with my head cut off, I’m going to go meet her Cap and find out a whole bunch of stuff....👍😊

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
i'm looking at snow up at the cottage for 3 of the next 7 days.right now we're at the rental getting it prepped for the new tenants but were thinking of heading up there next week.now i have no choice,i need to go move some snow.and take the pioneer out for a spin and maybe test the ice thickness on the lake.
Do you test the ice by driving out on the ice, and if you don’t fall through, the ice, it’s good. 😊
I still can’t get up to my camp. Still 3’ in the driveway.
Hopefully by the long weekend.
😊
Caper

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
When I get done running around like a chicken with my head cut off, I’m going to go meet her Cap and find out a whole bunch of stuff....👍😊
She’s one of a kind.
Haha
I see they canceled the Jazz game in Oklahoma last night. And the player that got it was mocking it. Oops
People are stupid.
They showed Costco here, and people going crazy over toilet paper.
One woman going with a full cart, piled as high as she could get it. And a mask on her face. Haha. She’ll lucky I wasn’t there. Idiots
We don’t have any cases yet.
I’m sure it’s coming.
Italy is totally shut down. Crazy

On another note
We have a beautiful day today, going to above 40 and sunshine. Big rain tomorrow night.
Good for the lakes and my driveway at the camp. Haha, they will probably get snow.
Caper

advertisement
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Yup
😷
Caper
66* and partly cloudy today. First morning without a frost, started out at 40*

Today I finish wiring the house. I cannot believe I have to buy another 250’ roll of wire on my way out. That makes 1,750’ for a 1,300 sf house....😳

I can remember when a house had 4 15 amp fuses and probably 100’ of wire. 🤣

They require wall plugs a minimum of every 6 feet and a minimum of every 2 feet along kitchen countertops. An exterior plug on front and back of house, three smoke detectors hard wired, all boxes have to be pig tailed now and a kitchen has to have a minimum of 2 circuits. Mine has 5. I think I have carpal tunnel syndrome from twisting wire.

Anyway, my electrician friend will be out tomorrow to inspect my work, if it’s good, then he’ll pull permit on line and call for inspection next week.

All but two windows are installed downstairs. I have to rent a sky track to install second floor windows.

SWB

SWB

Apr 22, 2019
South Central Arkansas
Ownership

1. 700-2

Reactions: Mudwing
R

rickoshea

Do you test the ice by driving out on the ice, and if you don’t fall through, the ice, it’s good. 😊
I still can’t get up to my camp. Still 3’ in the driveway.
Hopefully by the long weekend.
😊
Caper
i test it with a cordless drill and an 18" auger bit marked at 8",12".i test at the very edge then at around 30 meters, if it's over 8" thick then i drive out on it.too much $$ invested to be foolish ;) last test i bottomed it out so it was very thick but there's lots of snow insulating the ice now.

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Today I finish wiring the house. I cannot believe I have to buy another 250’ roll of wire on my way out. That makes 1,750’ for a 1,300 sf house....😳

They require wall plugs a minimum of every 6 feet and a minimum of every 2 feet along kitchen countertops. An exterior plug on front and back of house, three smoke detectors hard wired, all boxes have to be pig tailed now and a kitchen has to have a minimum of 2 circuits. Mine has 5. I think I have carpal tunnel syndrome from twisting wire.

Anyway, my electrician friend will be out tomorrow to inspect my work, if it’s good, then he’ll pull permit on line and call for inspection next week.

All but two windows are installed downstairs. I have to rent a sky track to install second floor windows.
You can never have too many outlets or too much garage space.
It is amazing how much quicker those last couple of outlets wire in than the first couple though. Repeating the same task 100 times makes one reasonably proficient at it.

Reactions: Mudwing
R

rickoshea

It is amazing how much quicker those last couple of outlets wire in than the first couple though. Repeating the same task 100 times makes one reasonably proficient at it.
the guy i bought my cottage from built a really nice, well insulated garage to store machines,the only problem is he went around the permit issue by not wiring it to anything.it's got interior/exterior plugs that aren't attached to anything.i have to run an extension cord an outside plug that powers it,i literally have to plug in my garage 🤣 🤣

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
the guy i bought my cottage from built a really nice, well insulated garage to store machines,the only problem is he went around the permit issue by not wiring it to anything.it's got interior/exterior plugs that aren't attached to anything.i have to run an extension cord an outside plug that powers it,i literally have to plug in my garage 🤣 🤣
That's when you wire it into your house panel yourself and then plead ignorance that it wasn't done right and you bought it that way. Only works though if you never tell anyone.

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500

Sky track.
A man lift ?
I the late 80’s when I was at the shipyard, my boss said, can you drive a Grove man lift. Of course I said I can drive anything.
He said, go get it smart ass.
It took me about five minutes to learn it and off I went. Plus I worked overtime because of it.
Haha
I almost died years later in the Dartmouth shipyard. I had to cover the stacks on a supply ship and the damn thing didn’t stop fully and it almost drove into the whole in the deck for taking out the engine.
It probably wouldn’t have felt very good for the guys in the engine room.
Haha
Caper

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Oh I know. The rules are about safety. Too many morons running 25’ 18 gauge electrical cords to run space heaters and burning themselves up. I’ve seen kitchens with one counter outlet and one of those 6 way things you can plug into it and run toasters, coffee pots, microwaves, blenders etc.... etc.... 🤣

Btw, my garage is detached, wired it last summer, it’s not included in the 1,750 feet in the house. And that’s 12/2. Doesn’t include the 14/3 and 12/3 😉

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Sky track.
A man lift ?
I the late 80’s when I was at the shipyard, my boss said, can you drive a Grove man lift. Of course I said I can drive anything.
He said, go get it smart ass.
It took me about five minutes to learn it and off I went. Plus I worked overtime because of it.
Haha
I almost died years later in the Dartmouth shipyard. I had to cover the stacks on a supply ship and the damn thing didn’t stop fully and it almost drove into the whole in the deck for taking out the engine.
It probably wouldn’t have felt very good for the guys in the engine room.
Haha
Caper
Yeah, it’s a boom you climb into, with the tools and in my case a window, then raise up to the second floor and install it. The boom can be moved from window to window steering it from the bucket.

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Oh I know. The rules are about safety. Too many morons running 25’ 18 gauge electrical cords to run space heaters and burning themselves up. I’ve seen kitchens with one counter outlet and one of those 6 way things you can plug into it and run toasters, coffee pots, microwaves, blenders etc.... etc.... 🤣

Btw, my garage is detached, wired it last summer, it’s not included in the 1,750 feet in the house. And that’s 12/2. Doesn’t include the 14/3 and 12/3 😉
My damn house has the whole main floor on two circuits, we’re getting a new panel, so he’s going to fix some stuff.
😊
Caper

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!