CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Wow, you’ve seen more of my country than me.
My cottage is in Judique, Cape Breton. Don’t blink you’ll miss it. We love it, very quite. Drive the bike right out of the driveway and up on the trails. Great beaches in Port Hood. Not far from the camp.
Did you have your fishing rod in Labrador and the rest of NFLD. Spectacular fishing. Giant salmon in Labrador. They get a little snow up there. Haha
Caper
I must have blinked but Judique is on the route I took.

No fishing on that trip, if I had tried to do any of the touristy things, I'd still be in Alaska. It took me seven months as it was. :oops: #drivin'

I know a Toronto Canadian who's seen more of Colorado on his motorcycle than I have. ☺

Reactions: Caper and Mudwing
100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
freak out!

Reactions: CID
SWB

SWB

Apr 22, 2019
South Central Arkansas
Ownership

1. 700-2

Could summer heat be over. I'm not holding mu breath till mid October to see.

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500

No fishing on that trip, if I had tried to do any of the touristy things, I'd still be in Alaska. It took me seven months as it was. :oops: #drivin'

I know a Toronto Canadian who's seen more of Colorado on his motorcycle than I have. ☺

I drove across Canada in 2018 staying as far north as road conditions would allow in the RV, from Prince Rupert to Sept Iles including Yellowknife, Flin Flon and Thompson. Then took the Godbout ferry across to Matane and followed the coast around the Gaspe' Penninsula to the Miscou Lighthouse, the full perimeter of Prince Edward Island, followed the Cape Breton shoreline including Meat Cove, Glace Bay and the full perimeter of Nova Scotia including Burntcoat Head (highest tide in the world at 53 ft) and locked my keys in the RV at the Truro RV park. It was an epic 38k mile summer. :oops:

Last summer I drove the full width of Labrador from the east coast through Labrador City to the Quebec border on the west and then back to the east coast (163 miles, 254k of dirt road, twice :eek:), ferried back to Newfoundland and finished driving the full perimeter of that island including Burgeo.

Canada has some spectacularly desolate backcounty, I love it up there. 👍 :cool:

Seven months. Wow. The icebergs must have been gone by the time you went through NFLD.
NFLD has some of the nicest people too. I’ve never met a Newfoundlander I’ve not liked.
Most people in NFLD have snowmobiles. Too much snow. They still had snow in June this year.
For some reason I can’t download pictures. 🤷🏻‍♂️
😊
Caper

Reactions: CID and Mudwing
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
63 here tonight. 50's for lows this coming up weekend.
That’s nice. Our employees in our Poteau office couldn’t get to the office a couple days last week, due to flooding.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
@Caper, I got back from the Silverton ride and had just put my RV back in place, hooked up utilities and began watering grass when clouds moved in and a hellacious thunder/lightning clap knocked me down, the lightning hit a tree 10’ from the RV which sent Cyndi running out. It caused the AC unit in the bedroom to come on by itself and I couldn’t get it to go off until flipping the breaker. I could smell the tree and there was smoke and a debris field of bark up to 40’ away.
Here’s the tree that was struck....

74BE4B10 5344 4394 85A1 13729F611EDD

• Wow
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
@Caper, I got back from the Silverton ride and had just put my RV back in place, hooked up utilities and began watering grass when clouds moved in and a hellacious thunder/lightning clap knocked me down, the lightning hit a tree 10’ from the RV which sent Cyndi running out. It caused the AC unit in the bedroom to come on by itself and I couldn’t get it to go off until flipping the breaker. I could smell the tree and there was smoke and a debris field of bark up to 40’ away.

View attachment 222829
Those trees are probably done, glad your OK!

Reactions: Caper
advertisement
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500

View attachment 222829
Wow, that’s lucky. Go get a lotto ticket. Too close for comfort.
I’d get a plaque made with the date and time and bolt it to the tree. And a lightning bolt on the plaque too.
Well, glad you’re still around, but if it hit you, it might have given you super powers. Like fart lightning bolts.
😊
Glad it missed.
Caper

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
50* this morning. It’s that time here where the heater is needed for a few to take off the chill and the AC is needed a little in the afternoon. But that’s the nature of RV living. High is 87*

Reactions: Mudwing and Caper
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I was going to say the same thing and then I saw your message.
Too funny !!
Haha
Caper
No you were not. I’ve known you too long and you’re not that mean.....🤣🤣🤣

SWB

SWB

Apr 22, 2019
South Central Arkansas
Ownership

1. 700-2

This stubborn high pressure is hanging in there. Hope it breaks on next cool front. Upper 80's and around 90 is expected this week with a small chances of rain. Next week another cold front is expected to move into area temps in mid 80's. We rarely get cold front through state until around first couple weeks of October. Then you still could be looking at highs in low 90's .

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
View attachment 223217

This stubborn high pressure is hanging in there. Hope it breaks on next cool front. Upper 80's and around 90 is expected this week with a small chances of rain. Next week another cold front is expected to move into area temps in mid 80's. We rarely get cold front through state until around first couple weeks of October. Then you still could be looking at highs in low 90's .
Cold front from Canada
Your welcome !
😊
Caper

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!