Weather Talk

L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
We lived 12 miles North of Sandpoint for 8 years up against the Selkirk mountains and moved south to an airport 20 miles North of CDA, just about the same distance to Sandpoint and only 4 miles from the big lake. We cut our house in less than half and built a shop and hanger on a private airfield. 27F and little bit of frost heading to misty day at 40F of so. Headed back to Sandpoint for lunch and a big pile of the best calamari in town.

For you folks that want to fly it's never too late...just takes time, money and desire...Back when I was instructing I got an 81 year old fellow his private license, he bought an airplane and as far as I know he is still flying several time a week with his girl friend.

Reactions: Caper
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
We lived 12 miles North of Sandpoint for 8 years up against the Selkirk mountains and moved south to an airport 20 miles North of CDA, just about the same distance to Sandpoint and only 4 miles from the big lake. We cut our house in less than half and built a shop and hanger on a private airfield. 27F and little bit of frost heading to misty day at 40F of so. Headed back to Sandpoint for lunch and a big pile of the best calamari in town.

For you folks that want to fly it's never too late...just takes time, money and desire...Back when I was instructing I got an 81 year old fellow his private license, he bought an airplane and as far as I know he is still flying several time a week with his girl friend.
Beautiful country you live in...😊👍

I got my PL about 15 years ago, but got busy with other matters in life and never bought a plane and pursued it. The only way I’d be comfortable with the situation is to own a late model plane, be able to keep it in a hanger, and know a really good mechanic and have the time for all that, and to fly often enough to remain crisp at it....

Unfortunately that’s not an option presently, but could be in the future....😎

L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
Thanks Monte. We really enjoy it here but it is an awful place to live and no one else should ever move here!!

Don't give up...when there's a will...

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Having beautiful fall weather in the spa city this week!!! 😊

Reactions: Caper and SWB
L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
38F and misty. We had 40 mph wind last night as the front blew in off the ocean...colder than normal bringing in snow for the next week. Ordered propane and picking up 100 gal of off road diesel today and going to grease up the 6' snow blower and the little walk behind. I enjoyed this Fall so far but not far from Winter's appearance...but...Spring follows and the days get more sunshine and daylight!!! Keep the faith!!

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
38F and misty. We had 40 mph wind last night as the front blew in off the ocean...colder than normal bringing in snow for the next week. Ordered propane and picking up 100 gal of off road diesel today and going to grease up the 6' snow blower and the little walk behind. I enjoyed this Fall so far but not far from Winter's appearance...but...Spring follows and the days get more sunshine and daylight!!! Keep the faith!!
Nice, winter and snow is beautiful!!!!

Reactions: Caper and SWB
L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
I can't ski anymore but still pullout the snow shoes some. Hoping the Pioneer will get us into some fun areas that I could go to on the little 4 wheeler without my wife. We sold snow gos to get the 700 and I feel better using it...I think.

SWB

SWB

Apr 22, 2019
South Central Arkansas
Ownership

1. 700-2

We are in upper 50's right now.

advertisement
L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
Just back from getting 100 gals of diesel. Hose jumped out of the tank and doused me in red dye diesel...damn that was cold and now I smell like my tractor even after a shower. Hope the smell goes away before my wife gets in the truck.
33F and kinda snow but not quite yet

SWB

SWB

Apr 22, 2019
South Central Arkansas
Ownership

1. 700-2

All signs continue to point to accumulating snow over parts of Arkansas Sunday through Sunday evening. The highest amounts will be over the higher elevations of the Ozark and Boston Mountains where 2 to 4 inches of snow could fall with some locally higher amounts possible. A dusting to up to an inch could fall in the lower elevations.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
View attachment 240865

All signs continue to point to accumulating snow over parts of Arkansas Sunday through Sunday evening. The highest amounts will be over the higher elevations of the Ozark and Boston Mountains where 2 to 4 inches of snow could fall with some locally higher amounts possible. A dusting to up to an inch could fall in the lower elevations.
Nice....white Christmas??? Nah, probably too early...

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Beautiful country you live in...😊👍

I got my PL about 15 years ago, but got busy with other matters in life and never bought a plane and pursued it. The only way I’d be comfortable with the situation is to own a late model plane, be able to keep it in a hanger, and know a really good mechanic and have the time for all that, and to fly often enough to remain crisp at it....

Unfortunately that’s not an option presently, but could be in the future....😎
Sorry Monte. I’d fly with @lowrider, but until you fly for about 10 years. We’re good.
😊
Caper

advertisement