Weather Talk

jwfirebird

jwfirebird

Sep 23, 2018
western ny
Ownership

1. 700-2
they have a bunch of these really nice amish built sheds around, heavy built, look good,and got a couple for work and my mom got one same size and options was 5-6k. really easy like you said can just level with some compacted gravel or concrete sonotubes.would be nice but due to the crazy Nazi code lady I have even those don't meet her way worse than needed wind and snow load engineering. I only can legally put one of the ugly round metal structures that have the huge load ratings or stick built with huge concrete cost, the 15k was 10k 24x24 single level and concrete. the only thing you can do, what most do is under 144 sqft, I built a shed and lean to for my tractor because they don't need permit if you do them separate. really just makes everyone do it trashy looking(big truck trailers and containers)to avoid her codes, opposite of what the whole point is

Reactions: Caper and Mudwing
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
they have a bunch of these really nice amish built sheds around, heavy built, look good,and got a couple for work and my mom got one same size and options was 5-6k. really easy like you said can just level with some compacted gravel or concrete sonotubes.would be nice but due to the crazy Nazi code lady I have even those don't meet her way worse than needed wind and snow load engineering. I only can legally put one of the ugly round metal structures that have the huge load ratings or stick built with huge concrete cost, the 15k was 10k 24x24 single level and concrete. the only thing you can do, what most do is under 144 sqft, I built a shed and lean to for my tractor because they don't need permit if you do them separate. really just makes everyone do it trashy looking(big truck trailers and containers)to avoid her codes, opposite of what the whole point is
That really sucks....:rolleyes:

jwfirebird

jwfirebird

Sep 23, 2018
western ny
Ownership

1. 700-2
stupid too really, we have had some bad wind storms last couple years, they have the prefabed out in this open field I drive by every day and the worst storm, one shingle gone on one of the dozen sitting out there, none on moms and siding was fine on all of them. I lost 5 or 6 on the wind side on mine on the same storm. the metal ones they had down the road ended up folded into garbage and anything you had in it would be done.

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
stupid too really, we have had some bad wind storms last couple years, they have the prefabed out in this open field I drive by every day and the worst storm, one shingle gone on one of the dozen sitting out there, none on moms and siding was fine on all of them. I lost 5 or 6 on the wind side on mine on the same storm. the metal ones they had down the road ended up folded into garbage and anything you had in it would be done.
I just did mine over last summer, I lost a bunch the November before. I put the architectural shingles on. Supposed to be good for 100 mph. Good so far. Knock wood. I thought metal would have been good. Wow.
Caper

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
I just did mine over last summer, I lost a bunch the November before. I put the architectural shingles on. Supposed to be good for 100 mph. Good so far. Knock wood. I thought metal would have been good. Wow.
Caper
Caper cold here this morning. It’s 10 feels like-15 Suns out though. Haha
Caper

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
I hear ya.
Caper

advertisement
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Raining here for the rest of the week and supposed to be warming up to 76 on Saturday and up to 6 inches of rain. A low in the high 40's.
2 inches snow last night was all, way better then what was predicted. Cold out but a beautiful day.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
10* with 30-40 mph winds here, I have no idea what that makes the wind chill, and probably don’t want to. :rolleyes:

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
2 inches snow last night was all, way better then what was predicted. Cold out but a beautiful day.
Well Cumminspusher, all my weather starts either from you or Monte in NM. Haha. So start sending some warm weather this way, instead of cold and snow. I appreciate it if you and Monte can do that for me. Haha. Thanks.
Caper

Reactions: CumminsPusher
NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Damn spellcheck. Ariens.
Haha
Caper

You mean Honda?

7b2ac4683d480456d37bdb199b1c2e8e

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!