Weather Talk

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Snow squalls at the camp for the last few days. Good for the snowmobilers. Probably still snow on the long weekend in May again.
😊
Caper

Reactions: Mudwing
L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
Wolves and bears there too. They just don’t see them
😊
About 20 years ago here, DNR had a few wolves there were researching in a big caged in area. Until we had a big storm and a tree fell onto the fence. Two escaped. The male was caught, the female not. But I laughed because DNR said she wouldn’t survive because she was by herself. Haha.
Probably have more wolf coyote hybrids around.😊
Caper
Not saying it can't/won't happen but I believe our experience has been the wolves kill Kyotes and they don't co-oexist in the same areas. I'm about 50 miles South of my old house where we heard and saw the kills from wolves, down here we have the usual problems with yotes and no wolves. Feral dogs and yotes certainly will breed...wolves haven't done that in this area anyway.

Reactions: Caper
L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
My friend owns the Garden Marriott , right on the harbour. You’d like him. Plus we need him for the tour of his recycling plant in Chester.
😊
Caper
Memory is fuzzy for several reasons but I think we took a ferry across the harbor to the Marriott and may have eaten there. We are Marriott points collectors so usually stay there when it's in the right spot.

L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
Neither next week or next year....
My dinner was salmon, spring mix salad, baked potato and raspberry pie....😋
That's a favorite meal at my house...but I do baby spinich and of course Idaho spuds. Our neighbor has a huge black raspberry patch so we get a bucket to freeze...great on waffles too.

Forgot neighbor on the other side down the street who has rhubarb plants...mix little slices of rhubarb with raspberries and sprinkle with brown sugar and cinnamon, dump it into a pie shell then into the oven for an appropriate time and you have something to finish off that salmon dinner. You did smoke the salmon...right Monte.

Last edited:
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Sunny and cool this morning in Santa Fe, full sun ☀️

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
That's a favorite meal at my house...but I do baby spinich and of course Idaho spuds. Our neighbor has a huge black raspberry patch so we get a bucket to freeze...great on waffles too.
Have you tried it in the air fryer......? 😋

advertisement
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
No Sir...the co-cook got a bad report from one of her friends and we don't have one. What kind do you have??
Wife says it’s a ninja, two drawer. What kind of a bad report.....🤔

I don’t want to be giving myself cancer using this thing....😳

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Not saying it can't/won't happen but I believe our experience has been the wolves kill Kyotes and they don't co-oexist in the same areas. I'm about 50 miles South of my old house where we heard and saw the kills from wolves, down here we have the usual problems with yotes and no wolves. Feral dogs and yotes certainly will breed...wolves haven't done that in this area anyway.
On the East Coast we a Cuywolf. It’s a red wolf that has breed with coyotes. So our coyotes are 80lbs plus. For a big one. In Cape Breton in the Highlands Park a girl in her 20’s was killed by two as she walked out the Skyline trail. The warden shot one. But it was too late. The got her as she was trying to make it to the bathrooms. DNR figured it was because people have been feeding them. I got a good picture of one on a camera a few years ago. You can see the Red in it.
I’ve always heard wolves will kill a coyote the same as a coyote will kill a fox. Competition. I’ll look for the picture.
😊
Caper

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Memory is fuzzy for several reasons but I think we took a ferry across the harbor to the Marriott and may have eaten there. We are Marriott points collectors so usually stay there when it's in the right spot.

Yup his is not far from the ferry. Almost on the water. I’ll tell him.
He owns that whole block. 😊
Caper

L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
Wife says it’s a ninja, two drawer. What kind of a bad report.....🤔

I don’t want to be giving myself cancer using this thing....😳
She said it didn't get the food cripy as promised. That was several years ago so let believe the newer ones work as advertised. I think there is an "air fryer" channel on Direct TV. I have tasked her with research and a purchase is imminent.

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500

Forgot neighbor on the other side down the street who has rhubarb plants...mix little slices of rhubarb with raspberries and sprinkle with brown sugar and cinnamon, dump it into a pie shell then into the oven for an appropriate time and you have something to finish off that salmon dinner. You did smoke the salmon...right Monte.

I like doing it in a little olive oil, either in the oven but mostly in a frying pan. Yummy. Of course Atlantic Salmon.
Oh and the friend that owns the Marriott has fishing lodges in Quebec and Labrador, up north. This is an Atlantic salmon.
A nice one another friend caught in Labrador.
Second picture is a tuna a friends father caught off Port Hood by the camp last fall.
😊
Caper
E740501B 99A4 480E 8758 420AE6FB4E30
FC027821 D3E6 452A 8598 0A8548F4BDBC

• Wow
Reactions: Montecresto
L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
The fake Canadian bacon went into the smoker with cherry wood at 0915 local (1215 East coast time...Mickey's big hand on 3 and little hand on 12 for you Navy guys and 1315 Maritime time) heading for internal temp of 150F. Report to follow.

L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
I like doing it in a little olive oil, either in the oven but mostly in a frying pan. Yummy. Of course Atlantic Salmon.
Oh and the friend that owns the Marriott has fishing lodges in Quebec and Labrador, up north. This is an Atlantic salmon.
A nice one another friend caught in Labrador.
Second picture is a tuna a friends father caught off Port Hood by the camp last fall.
😊
Caper View attachment 257361View attachment 257362
Those are REAL fish. Is that you Caper?

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
The fake Canadian bacon went into the smoker with cherry wood at 0915 local (1215 East coast time...Mickey's big hand on 3 and little hand on 12 for you Navy guys and 1315 Maritime time) heading for internal temp of 150F. Report to follow.

Your good. Most people forget Atlantic time. But you forgot Newfoundland time. A half hour ahead of us. 😊
Caper

• Haha
Reactions: Montecresto
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!