L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
Yeah, I’m trying to treat it with respect and care too...😍

My granite project required 1-1/2 slabs (typically 5’x10’) and they required I buy two full slabs. So, when they asked me if I wanted the scraps, it was an absolute yes, knowing that one piece would be sizable....hoping to make an outdoor table of it someday...
We ended up with a 3x4 piece that I was going to build a steel frame to put in on the patio. I was picking it up with the tractor forks and it broke into about 15 pieces. Now I have some stone to use for stamping leather stuff and pieces for something some day. My granite guy said yeah that happens some times. Hope yours stays in one piece.

• Sad
Reactions: Smitty335 and Caper
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
We ended up with a 3x4 piece that I was going to build a steel frame to put in on the patio. I was picking it up with the tractor forks and it broke into about 15 pieces. Now I have some stone to use for stamping leather stuff and pieces for something some day. My granite guy said yeah that happens some times. Hope yours stays in one piece.
😳😳
Do you remember if it was really cold when you moved it???

• Wow
Reactions: Smitty335 and Caper
L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
😳😳
Do you remember if it was really cold when you moved it???
Kitchen counter was installed around Thanksgiving so probably above freezing. The counter man said he used the other end of the slab because that part "looked funny" so maybe there was a crack or something. The chunk he used became our kitchen island so that piece is fine so far.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!