Weather Talk

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
You supply the Rum and Beer and I will be up and get you lined out! HA! Been thinking about a trailer like this for years!

Got it figured out. I just need a 1” round bar for the axle.
I’ll post a picture when I get it done.
You can still bring the rum.
😊
Caper

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Got it figured out. I just need a 1” round bar for the axle.
I’ll post a picture when I get it done.
You can still bring the rum.
😊
Caper
And tilt, Im telling you I have it figured out for ground clearance !

Reactions: Caper
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Yes Sir...raw materials and ideas from my pea brain...3rd this winter.

The alleged threats are said to be domestic so FBI is the primary domestic intelligence folks and work with local and state LE assests to put together threat briefs. Foreign intel folks are prohibited by a bunch of laws from "spying" on US persons so that part of the IC is not usually involved.

My guess would be there is no threat that can't be handle by the local guys and certainly not a need for the troops currently held there by the Speaker of the House. It's costing us $xM for show. I no longer have access to threat info so only almost 40 years of experience drives my conclusions. The retired 3 star who screwed up the recovery after the hurricane in New Orleans is not the proper mind to make suggestions unless you have a predetermined conclusion. We deserve better.
I’d love to sit with you a a nice bottle of rum at the camp and pick your brain.
😜
Caper

Reactions: Montecresto
L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
Haha, I’ve been saving up metal for a trailer to take my 10’ Jon boat into a secret trout lake behind our airport. It’s on a road, but you can’t get a truck into it. Well you probably could but it wouldn’t look like the same truck coming out.
I want to weld up a trailer that I can take apart and put the boat in back of the truck, bike on the trailer with the boat trailer behind the bike , in pieces.
I have a Lincoln mig. I used one at work at the shipyards everyday for about 10 years. Actually I just bought a new helmet yesterday.
Just need a little warm weather to start it. Got a few weeks.
😊
Caper
10' jon boat eh! I'm looking for a 10 or 12'x40" (not 32") bottom jon for pretty much what you described. I have 56 ft lb electric and a 3.3 Merc to push it...can't find one locally.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
My guess would be there is no threat that can't be handle by the local guys
Well, they didn’t do so good the first time around. And yes I know/agree that FBI is responsible for domestic threats. So is the NSA, the Federal Intelligence Service, the Department of Homeland Security, and others....And they all said there was credible threats.

We know who would be in trouble if they didn’t alert law enforcement.

Anyway, I’m concerned that the enhanced security doesn’t disappear with the threats...😡

That’s cool you know how to build trailers. Is this for friends/family, or supplemental income? Cool whichever...😎👍

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
And tilt!

My boat only weighs 86 lbs. Crestliner. Holds 475 . I think.
My 90 year old neighbor took me there last fall. He’s been getting 18” beautiful trout there for a lot of years. Hard to get to unless you have a bike and a boat. Can’t wait for Mayflies.
Caper

Reactions: Pilgrim
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
10' jon boat eh! I'm looking for a 10 or 12'x40" (not 32") bottom jon for pretty much what you described. I have 56 ft lb electric and a 3.3 Merc to push it...can't find one locally.
The Crestliner holds more weight than most 10’ Jons. I have a 2 hp Eventide my wife’s grandfather bought at 95 years old to put it on the back of his wooden boat he built that year. He gave it to me when he died. At 103.
Caper

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
OW my? They ( MEDIA) had reports of Obama not being a citizen of the US and bombarded us with the Russian/ Trump garbage for 3 years, where's the national news on the election voting irregularities and the Longshoreman's strike, that affect us all, NO WHERE! Wake up America! The National Media is nothing but propaganda. Mark my words 03/05/21!
Yes, you made that claim before and I showed you that both Fox and CNN have covered the longshoremen's strike in LA....

There’s always been some election irregularities which never seemed to trouble anyone in the past. Nevertheless, Trump’s director of national intelligence, his attorney general, and his director of homeland security all said that there was no irregularities or voter fraud of such significance to affect the election....it’s over Smitty, let it go....😉

• Love
advertisement
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
The Crestliner holds more weight than most 10’ Jons. I have a 2 hp Eventide my wife’s grandfather bought at 95 years old to put it on the back of his wooden boat he built that year. He gave it to me when he died. At 103.
Caper
Too damn cool Cap.........😍😍

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Too damn cool Cap.........😍😍
This is kinda what I’m thinking for a trailer. Lite and easy.
Caper
12823AFA 7C0A 46FE A4CA D028D669A47C

L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
Well, they didn’t do so good the first time around. And yes I know/agree that FBI is responsible for domestic threats. So is the NSA, the Federal Intelligence Service, the Department of Homeland Security, and others....And they all said there was credible threats.

We know who would be in trouble if they didn’t alert law enforcement.

Anyway, I’m concerned that the enhanced security doesn’t disappear with the threats...😡

That’s cool you know how to build trailers. Is this for friends/family, or supplemental income? Cool whichever...😎👍
NSA is a foreign intel and can only be involved to a very limited extent and probably not at all. I don't know Fed Intel SVS. Homeland certainly has a fine intel organization and Bureau is usually tasked with providing info to local jurisdictions.

All I know is what we hear thru public info, generally not accurate most of the time or politically slanted...to many variables to speculate...news media is still saying Trump caused the incursion and Bureau says it was pre-planned, bombs were placed night before the rally. Maybe the full story will come out some day or not.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
NSA is a foreign intel and can only be involved to a very limited extent and probably not at all.
Well, we know what it’s designation was in 1952 when created, we also know via the recent Snowden revelations and perhaps more importantly the late senator Church from the great state of Idaho in the Church Committees revelations as long ago as 1976......of the national security agencies domestic surveillance capabilities and activities....

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
news media is still saying Trump caused the incursion and Bureau says it was pre-planned, bombs were placed night before the rally. Maybe the full story will come out some day or not.
BOTH are true. And it’s not just the news media that acknowledges the reality of Trump’s inspiration and responsibility for the 1/6/21 insurrection, but the leader of the Republican senate quite concisely laid out Trump’s responsibility on the senate floor last month.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
20 degrees this morning. Going up to freezing. Can’t wait for some of that 70 degrees weather.
Have a great day
Caper
Above freezing in Moab this morning. It was 65* yesterday and I expect the same today...

Reactions: Smitty335 and Caper
L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
This is kinda what I’m thinking for a trailer. Lite and easy.
Caper View attachment 258982
That's a nice way to haul a canoe or kayak. I made a trailer that will haul my 17' Esquif Cargo or my old 16' Penobscot and a 18' kayak on each side. Works well. My son used his 3D printer to make ABS rollers for the canoe part in the center...made it easy to load/unload the 150+ lb canoe. I run a Merc 9.9 on that one and it must come off before loading.

When you say "bike" are you referring to a bicycle or motorcycle?

Reactions: Caper and Smitty335
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!