Weather Talk

Mudwing

Mudwing

Lifetime Member
Jul 9, 2017
The Mud holes
Ownership

1. 700-4
Nice. Breezy . There is a Town in Cape Breton that is the only place I know that all the older homes have shutters on the outside of the house, that close and lock. All the shingles on the roof are tared . Before they install them.Its common to have 100 mph winds. Crazy. I’m sure on the lake, you can get higher than 75 too. You don’t want to be out in a boat, doesn’t matter size, in that wind. See sick. Be safe . I always worry about the people that don’t pick crap up, and their crap hitting my truck or house. Fingers crossed on your shingles.
Caper
I’m definitely going to lose some off the barns. ;)

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
That sucks. I did my roof on my house last summer. I put the architectural ones on. Supposed to be good for 90 to 100 mph. Hope I don’t have to find out. Lost a bunch the fall before. It sucks. Good luck.
Caper
Shingles on your roof are good, mine got tried out this last fall at 100 mph. Not one missing!

Reactions: Mudwing and Caper
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
That is really good to know. I’m putting them on my camp this spring. Thanks Smitty.
Caper
You have a fishing camp? I'm a heck of a Walleye fisherman! My favorite bait is Leaches!

Reactions: Caper
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
You have a fishing camp? I'm a heck of a Walleye fisherman! My favorite bait is Leaches!
No Walleye, but I would love to fish them. We have Chainpickerell. Still big teeth. I fish them with leaches. In Cape Breton we have lakes in the Highlands that are full of trout. Rainbows and brook. Really fun on a fly rod. The bellies are red red. Same as inside. Yum. You guys would love Cape Breton. Have a great day Smitty.
Caper

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
No Walleye, but I would love to fish them. We have Chainpickerell. Still big teeth. I fish them with leaches. In Cape Breton we have lakes in the Highlands that are full of trout. Rainbows and brook. Really fun on a fly rod. The bellies are red red. Same as inside. Yum. You guys would love Cape Breton. Have a great day Smitty.
Caper
Beautiful day here today. I see on the news that Mopower58 is getting more rain in Mississippi. I’m sure I’ll see it soon. Hopefully as rain too. More snow here tomorrow. Six inches then rain on top. Great. Can’t wait till spring. Haha. 16 Monte. Lol.
Caper

Reactions: Mopower58
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Beautiful day here today. I see on the news that Mopower58 is getting more rain in Mississippi. I’m sure I’ll see it soon. Hopefully as rain too. More snow here tomorrow. Six inches then rain on top. Great. Can’t wait till spring. Haha. 16 Monte. Lol.
Caper
Wow, I just saw that Flagstaff AZ had three feet of snow.
Caper

Reactions: Mudwing
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Caper
17 ;)

Reactions: Caper and Mudwing
advertisement
Mudwing

Mudwing

Lifetime Member
Jul 9, 2017
The Mud holes
Ownership

1. 700-4
556C90AB 149B 4949 A6A3 3ADCB57B56C3
Gotta love that calm before the storm. Today will be a beautiful fool’s spring day. :D

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
They look like those Cutthroat Trout in Yellowstone. Very good eating. And you get to them by SXS. You can keep 10 a day. Nice.
Caper
I’ll stay at the fishing lodge having tea and crumpets and you can bring me ten a day for supper! :cool::D

jwfirebird

jwfirebird

Sep 23, 2018
western ny
Ownership

1. 700-2
normally only have issues with the older siding now when we get 50-100mph. when i got the place water come in everytime the ice and snow would melt, i went through and tore off million years of old roofs tar and roll. i got mid grade architectural shingles from from HD almost two pallets worth(house garage and 12x24 shed), mostly done myself. but the first row is what you have to worry about with that which i tar'd two layers of shingles over felt and two 3ft rows of water and ice proof ice shield, so even when you loose a shingle or two which is all that has happened the water/snow is still not going to ever get in, till i replace it in the spring. really after they get a few years they stay pretty good up to 100, i went through and put 3.5 inch screws in the siding that has come off too havent had any problems after that but, house was built in 1850 there are about 18 layers of roll and ceder on the sides too, tough to find anything to screw to

we have had a ton more wind than normal seems like, sucks but they are planing to put a wind farm here in my county, like the okc ones and they have cool trailer mounted doppler stations measuring all the different weather in different areas, there is one in the back of one of my fields. pretty geeky with gadgets, very interesting to me
kinda looks like the one without the house around it
SODAR - Wikipedia

Last edited:
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Or are we in the spring of deception?:D
When is the wind coming. I’ve been thinking of you, with the barns. You guys are probably used to big storms. I know we are here. Just another day. Some good, some really bad. A lot of people here are going with metal on their roof. Supposed to be good for over 100 mph. There is old barns around with the original metal on the roof. 80 or 90 years old. Have a good storm Mudwing. Let me know how it goes. We’re going to get 60 mph winds Monday. Probably the same storm .
Caper

Reactions: Mudwing
Mudwing

Mudwing

Lifetime Member
Jul 9, 2017
The Mud holes
Ownership

1. 700-4
normally only have issues with the older siding now when we get 50-100mph. when i got the place water come in everytime the ice and snow would melt, i went through and tore off million years of old roofs tar and roll. i got mid grade architectural shingles from from HD almost two pallets worth(house garage and 12x24 shed), mostly done myself. but the first row is what you have to worry about with that which i tar'd two layers of shingles over felt and two 3ft rows of water and ice proof ice shield, so even when you loose a shingle or two which is all that has happened the water/snow is still not going to ever get in, till i replace it in the spring. really after they get a few years they stay pretty good up to 100, i went through and put 3.5 inch screws in the siding that has come off too havent had any problems after that but, house was built in 1850 there are about 18 layers of roll and ceder on the sides too, tough to find anything to screw to
I’m with you on that. I just did a full tear off on the main house roof. Pulled the original cedar shake. Installed all premium materials. My house is from 1865 and the barns are probably older. I’m slowly replacing barn roofs. I’m not really worried about any storms in these old houses.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Haha, that’s when you would be having Bloodpudding. Haha.
Caper
:rolleyes: No Cap, that’s where you’re wrong:D

This is what I woke up to this morning and I’m about to cross over a stretch of Rockies. I am in a Trailhawk, but hope they don’t require chains.:eek:

B63B8F6A 0D13 438A A156 EFAA49537A40

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!