Weather Talk

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
I'm so dam tired of this shiat. At this point we are just short of the all time snow record for the month of Feb. Last I checked we were somewhere around 130" MTD.
Yeah, that’s a bit. That’s like the picture I posted of the guy in the Highlands with the snow six feet over his head. In December. It’s going to be awhile before your snow melts. The rivers will be high this year. Look out downstream. Do you own a snowmobile. It would be a good year for one. Do you have to worry about avalanches around you.
Caper

Reactions: Mudwing
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Yeah, that’s a bit. That’s like the picture I posted of the guy in the Highlands with the snow six feet over his head. In December. It’s going to be awhile before your snow melts. The rivers will be high this year. Look out downstream. Do you own a snowmobile. It would be a good year for one. Do you have to worry about avalanches around you.
Caper
2B159589 C7D8 48AB A1BE 56E84E24E5F4
73617358 B057 4815 AD59 29C6DB22DD2B

mjn

mjn

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 31, 2018
SE Washington State/N Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Caper

Nah, not around here. I'm in the high desert of SE Washington state. We average somewhere around 7" of precip per year.

It's dry here.

This much snow is NOT common. It's even less common in February. When we get snow, it's usually late Nov to mid-late Jan. Very rare to have snow in Feb here.

Between today and March 9th, there are 6 days total that are NOT forecasted for snow.

We don't have snowmobiles, lots of our friends do. I've seen so many seasons where they've only been able to use them once or twice.. I can't justify spending the money on one for that amount of usage.

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Nah, not around here. I'm in the high desert of SE Washington state. We average somewhere around 7" of precip per year.

It's dry here.

This much snow is NOT common. It's even less common in February. When we get snow, it's usually late Nov to mid-late Jan. Very rare to have snow in Feb here.

Between today and March 9th, there are 6 days total that are NOT forecasted for snow.

We don't have snowmobiles, lots of our friends do. I've seen so many seasons where they've only been able to use them once or twice.. I can't justify spending the money on one for that amount of usage.
Thanks mjn. I love to find out about different places. Hearing that, it’s a lot of snow. So if it’s a desert, there might be things blooming because of all the moisture in the spring? Arizona is getting a lot too, that they don’t usually get. And I’m probably one of the only people with a place in Cape Breton that doesn’t own a snowmobile. For the same reason. So, where does all the water go when it melts , when it doesn’t usually happen. Thanks mjn. Very cool.
Caper

Reactions: CumminsPusher
advertisement
Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
This used to be a subway sandwich shop by Prentice Cooper OHV, Chattanooga, TN, mudslide from rain all week. Lucky no one injured as it was closed due to tree falling on it yesterday.

90829236 4663 41CB 95FE C99CACF8A2D3 29740E6C B548 4EE3 9E33 CF28A310D6DB

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
When are you expecting it?
Yeah, you saw that. Haha. It hasn’t happened yet. A little windy but not a wind warning. Yet. Haha. Maybe they just saw yours and thought it was coming this way. Haha. I’ll tell you if we get it tomorrow.
Caper

Reactions: Mudwing
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Is that picture today ? Nice
Caper
The top one is today at Taos New Mexico, the bottom one is Las Vegas (NM) a year ago.

Reactions: Caper
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!