Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
AND no GMO's.

I got the winkers wired and working today...and some other lights mounted and ready to wire. Perhaps I'll tackle radios and XM next...or not.
Good point....

Thsts awesome, I’d say pics or it didn’t happen but you need a ten year old to show you how to upload pics.

That’s ok, I need a ten year old to show me how to monitor my standby generator by iPhone....🙄

Reactions: Caper
L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
This is for Caper or whomever...

Nova Scotia scallop chowder from old Nova Scotia kitchens

2 lbs of scallops (could only afford one)

Butter the size of a goose egg
6 med potatos cubed
2small onions diced
1.5 quarts of milk
Salt and pepper to taste

fry scallops then cut into small pieces and brown well
cook potatoes and onions to tender but not mushy
add milk and heat to just short of boiling
serve with hard crackers

Good stuff...try it!!

PS: we also had 1.5 lbs of crawfish steamed for 7 minutes in spiced water and early Spring white corn...wonderful too!!

Reactions: Pilgrim and Caper
L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
Good point....

Thsts awesome, I’d say pics or it didn’t happen but you need a ten year old to show you how to upload pics.

That’s ok, I need a ten year old to show me how to monitor my standby generator by iPhone....🙄
Mine doesn't need monitoring...auto switching and shutdown. I think I will get a low oil alert via Apple.
I need more that a 10 year old to do a movie to show them blink or wink as Caper might prefer.

• Love
L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2

I also wired my upgraded horn today and it hurt my ears when I checked to see if it works. I did not go looking for an electric fence.

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Good point....

😂😂😂😂😂
Caper

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500

6 med potatos cubed
2small onions diced
1.5 quarts of milk
Salt and pepper to taste

serve with hard crackers

Good stuff...try it!!

PS: we also had 1.5 lbs of crawfish steamed for 7 minutes in spiced water and early Spring white corn...wonderful too!!

I probably have 5 or 6 lbs of scallops in the freezer. Great in the air fryer. Yum
I’d be eating the scallops out of the frying pan before they got into the chowder.
😊
Caper

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4

6 med potatos cubed
2small onions diced
1.5 quarts of milk
Salt and pepper to taste

serve with hard crackers

Good stuff...try it!!

Um.............NO!

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Mine doesn't need monitoring...auto switching and shutdown. I think I will get a low oil alert via Apple.
I need more that a 10 year old to do a movie to show them blink or wink as Caper might prefer.
When I’m in Oklahoma or Arkansas I want to be able to control my standby in NM from my phone, so I still need the ten year old.

L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
When I’m in Oklahoma or Arkansas I want to be able to control my standby in NM from my phone, so I still need the ten year old.
That would be handy! My pellet grill/smoker has WIFI controls...never used but once and it didn't do what I commanded it to do and no 10 yr olds around so I now have and understand the old set the thermostat and fill the hopper...turn it on and leave it do it's thing. Food tastes just as good as the wireless method. Besides, I like to peek under the lid once in awhile just to see what's happening in there. Flying airplanes is easy.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
That would be handy! My pellet grill/smoker has WIFI controls...never used but once and it didn't do what I commanded it to do and no 10 yr olds around so I now have and understand the old set the thermostat and fill the hopper...turn it on and leave it do it's thing. Food tastes just as good as the wireless method. Besides, I like to peek under the lid once in awhile just to see what's happening in there. Flying airplanes is easy.
I guess I could call the Generac IT guys....🤔

Off-Road Outlaw

Off-Road Outlaw

Apr 18, 2021
Randolph, NY
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X4
Do you have wifi working? I think mine works off the cell tower so as long as it's up and running I have some control too. I intended to do a "smart house" but I'm not there yet.
I have a semi-smart home. Back story - I’m a “Facility Application Engineer”, which is essentially an Automation Tech. I program controls, mostly commercial/educational/hospital setting HVAC controls (large integrated systems). I’m certified in multiple systems.

I bought a Hubitat for my house, and a couple of Z-wave plus and Zigbee devices to control a few things (thermostat, motion sensors and lights so far). I’ve spent more time banging my head against a wall trying to program my house than I ever do a huge air handler with 20+ variable air volume boxes beneath it. But I think that’s because, 1. I’m used to my work systems, and 2. I don’t know Groovy, which is the programming language that the Hubitat uses.

There are a bunch of pre-programmed things you can use, but being the over the top control guy that I am, I get frustrated when I can’t figure out how to do what I want to do. 😆 There are plenty of people out there using Hubitat (and other smart home systems) that have no experience with the stuff that I do, that are MUCH better with the smart home stuff than I am. 😆 The controllers I use at work are way too expensive to buy for home, so I just have to keep plugging away at figuring out the Hubitat. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Do you have wifi working? I think mine works off the cell tower so as long as it's up and running I have some control too. I intended to do a "smart house" but I'm not there yet.
Um.............NO!
My buddy in Alberta gets his wi fi from cell signal, and a friend here, in rural NS gets his by satellite. Probably both aren’t cheap.
Caper

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
I have a semi-smart home. Back story - I’m a “Facility Application Engineer”, which is essentially an Automation Tech. I program controls, mostly commercial/educational/hospital setting HVAC controls (large integrated systems). I’m certified in multiple systems.

I bought a Hubitat for my house, and a couple of Z-wave plus and Zigbee devices to control a few things (thermostat, motion sensors and lights so far). I’ve spent more time banging my head against a wall trying to program my house than I ever do a huge air handler with 20+ variable air volume boxes beneath it. But I think that’s because, 1. I’m used to my work systems, and 2. I don’t know Groovy, which is the programming language that the Hubitat uses.

There are a bunch of pre-programmed things you can use, but being the over the top control guy that I am, I get frustrated when I can’t figure out how to do what I want to do. 😆 There are plenty of people out there using Hubitat (and other smart home systems) that have no experience with the stuff that I do, that are MUCH better with the smart home stuff than I am. 😆 The controllers I use at work are way too expensive to buy for home, so I just have to keep plugging away at figuring out the Hubitat. 🤷🏼‍♂️

If you can’t do it , the rest of us are screwed. Haha
😊😊
Caper

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Yes, WiFi is working.

Reactions: Caper and Pilgrim
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I probably have 5 or 6 lbs of scallops in the freezer. Great in the air fryer. Yum
I’d be eating the scallops out of the frying pan before they got into the chowder.
😊
Caper
You ain’t rite........😳

L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
My buddy in Alberta gets his wi fi from cell signal, and a friend here, in rural NS gets his by satellite. Probably both aren’t cheap.
Caper
I do both...house gets AT&T cell service and the shop gets satellite service from Hughes Net...had sat service at last house since we didn't get cell service. Cell is much better!!!!!!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!