Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
If you can’t do it , the rest of us are screwed. Haha
😊😊
Caper
I started out and got 54 hours into a Civil Engineering degree back when we used slide rules and one day I was sitting in a "fluid dynamics" class and it suddenly dawned on me that this sheet is so DAMN BORING I can't do this the rest of my life. I went into catching criminals and later counterintelligence, counterespionage, antiterrorism and counterterrorism and lived happily ever after.

I did use some of my "learnin" in a variety of ways along the way and studied other stuff like HVAC, comms and electrical distribution when I got involved in systems and infrastructure vulnerabilities at home and abroad. That's where I let smarter folks take care of computers and how they can be "had". Any countermeasure can be penetrated given time and money so it's a never ending proposition and challenge.

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
You kids play nice or the belt comes out...

I’ve had that a few times growing up, until the day I took it and said the next time it came out, I was going to whip them both. I was the second oldest, so most of the other 8 kids didn’t remember it.
They never did it again.
😊😊
Caper

Reactions: Pilgrim
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
I started out and got 54 hours into a Civil Engineering degree back when we used slide rules and one day I was sitting in a "fluid dynamics" class and it suddenly dawned on me that this sheet is so DAMN BORING I can't do this the rest of my life. I went into catching criminals and later counterintelligence, counterespionage, antiterrorism and counterterrorism and lived happily ever after.

I did use some of my "learnin" in a variety of ways along the way and studied other stuff like HVAC, comms and electrical distribution when I got involved in systems and infrastructure vulnerabilities at home and abroad. That's where I let smarter folks take care of computers and how they can be "had". Any countermeasure can be penetrated given time and money so it's a never ending proposition and challenge.

In Canada you would be Sam Steele.
I’m sure you know who he is.
😊😊
Caper

L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
I’ve had that a few times growing up, until the day I took it and said the next time it came out, I was going to whip them both. I was the second oldest, so most of the other 8 kids didn’t remember it.
They never did it again.
😊😊
Caper
Actually that was a symbolic threat...suspenders just does not have the same preceived impact. NOW...cattle prod makes an easily understood result when applied as punishment.

L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
In Canada you would be Sam Steele.
I’m sure you know who he is.
😊😊
Caper
Sam who??

OH BTW, my winker lights work on the trailer too and the back up light puts out serious light when in reverse.

Now I do...quite a man...one to envy and there will be no more Sam Steele's with the broken mold.

Last edited:
L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
It was sunny here Saturday so I cleaned the Tundra inside and out.
Too
😊
But I have internet after it rains.
🤪🤪🤪
Caper
How about those PEI mussels...they don't care about the rain. All I can find here is farm raise versions. Too bad NS/PEI is soo far away. Cold water cod for dinner last night and the 700 took a short ride with the copilot on board around the 60 acres...no rain, no mud and no dust so that's good. Gobblers are trying to make chicks, deer and elk tracks abound. The gas pedal is still too short or maybe I need longer boots...fix underway.

Reactions: Smitty335 and Caper
advertisement
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
How about those PEI mussels...they don't care about the rain. All I can find here is farm raise versions. Too bad NS/PEI is soo far away. Cold water cod for dinner last night and the 700 took a short ride with the copilot on board around the 60 acres...no rain, no mud and no dust so that's good. Gobblers are trying to make chicks, deer and elk tracks abound. The gas pedal is still too short or maybe I need longer boots...fix underway.
Are you fixing your boots or the peddle.
😊
Mussels are everywhere here. It’s no problem to eat a wack of them. Steamed and a little butter. Yum.
No turkeys here. I wish they could fly across the Bay of Fundy. 😊
No elk either.
Sounds like you had a nice ride with your co-pilot.
Caper

Reactions: Smitty335
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
My internet hasn't worked since rain. Been busy working on mowing deck this weekend. Gave my Tacoma good cleaning too.
Maybe it was a beaver.
Haha
Caper
F37077B5 727E 44B3 810F 05A3C7BC7C12

• Haha
Reactions: Smitty335 and SWB
L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
Are you fixing your boots or the peddle.
😊
Mussels are everywhere here. It’s no problem to eat a wack of them. Steamed and a little butter. Yum.
No turkeys here. I wish they could fly across the Bay of Fundy. 😊
No elk either.
Sounds like you had a nice ride with your co-pilot.
Caper
I'm looking for one of those ball bearing hinges they used on gas pedals on old GM cars...boots OK for now.

We had pretty big tides in AK and we used to go out an pick mussels at low tide and sometimes dig clams at the same time. I used a "clam gun", push it down on the hole where the squirt came form...worked sometimes.

• Haha
Reactions: Smitty335 and Caper
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
I'm looking for one of those ball bearing hinges they used on gas pedals on old GM cars...boots OK for now.

We had pretty big tides in AK and we used to go out an pick mussels at low tide and sometimes dig clams at the same time. I used a "clam gun", push it down on the hole where the squirt came form...worked sometimes.
It’s great in the summer to swim with mask and snorkel at the beach in Cape Breton and you see the snorkel of the clam sticking out of the sand. Just dig with your hand and, got em. They are clams about the size of your palm.
Now I want fried clams.
😊
Caper

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500

Can’t help with the gas peddle.
🤷🏻‍♂️
Caper

L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
It’s great in the summer to swim with mask and snorkel at the beach in Cape Breton and you see the snorkel of the clam sticking out of the sand. Just dig with your hand and, got em. They are clams about the size of your palm.
Now I want fried clams.
😊
Caper
They're great! I like the quarter size (US not Canadian size) one's too...dredged in cracker crumbs, salt, pepper and garlic powder quick deep fried...bite size, tender and clam goodness by the dozen. Let me remind you of the razor clams cut into 3/4" strips deep fried the same way. There are a variety of clam baskets at a sushi place in CDA and you can get half clams and half halibut chunks for a pound at $35...wonderful and good for you!! No Chinese farm raised crap.

Reactions: Caper
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
They're great! I like the quarter size (US not Canadian size) one's too...dredged in cracker crumbs, salt, pepper and garlic powder quick deep fried...bite size, tender and clam goodness by the dozen. Let me remind you of the razor clams cut into 3/4" strips deep fried the same way. There are a variety of clam baskets at a sushi place in CDA and you can get half clams and half halibut chunks for a pound at $35...wonderful and good for you!! No Chinese farm raised crap.
Nope, we have too much fresh. Definitely good for you.
And very yummy done right.
Coming near Lobster season on the west of Cape Breton. My friend fishes and always have a good meal or two, or three. Maybe a couple lobster sandwiches. Very yummy.
Caper

Reactions: lowrider
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!