lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
😂😂😂
Caper
I did all 6/12 metal roofs...wouldn't go any other way. Super insulation in the house and shop and none in the hanger...fun to watch the "roof race" and see which sheds snow first...almost always the hanger. Sun heats the inside and off it goes. It packs pretty hard when it hits falling 12' or 16' depending where it comes off the roof and hard to move with the loader...blower won't touch it. It just melts away in April anyway.

I've been looking at a Ricon 14" but a friend says he has the 10" and unless you need big re-saw capability it's just not necessary. He stresses the quality of the Ricon brand for the money...I think the 10" is around $500 plus some extras...gotta have extras. The 14" I'd put on wheels so I can push it into the corner when I don't need it. The 10" is table/bench mount. I'd probably make a table on wheels like my planer...pull it out when I need it and it goes under a trap when I don't. I have some Grizzle tools like a metal lathe and mill and other small stuff but they want too much to ship. Rockler is free plus a small "handling fee" and they are pretty good to deal with.

28 with lite snow in the PM with a high of 40 so it's not staying anywhere. We are pretty much in normal temps for November except when those folks up North shove some cold air down...gotta watch them!!

Reactions: Smitty335 and Caper
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
I did all 6/12 metal roofs...wouldn't go any other way. Super insulation in the house and shop and none in the hanger...fun to watch the "roof race" and see which sheds snow first...almost always the hanger. Sun heats the inside and off it goes. It packs pretty hard when it hits falling 12' or 16' depending where it comes off the roof and hard to move with the loader...blower won't touch it. It just melts away in April anyway.

I've been looking at a Ricon 14" but a friend says he has the 10" and unless you need big re-saw capability it's just not necessary. He stresses the quality of the Ricon brand for the money...I think the 10" is around $500 plus some extras...gotta have extras. The 14" I'd put on wheels so I can push it into the corner when I don't need it. The 10" is table/bench mount. I'd probably make a table on wheels like my planer...pull it out when I need it and it goes under a trap when I don't. I have some Grizzle tools like a metal lathe and mill and other small stuff but they want too much to ship. Rockler is free plus a small "handling fee" and they are pretty good to deal with.

28 with lite snow in the PM with a high of 40 so it's not staying anywhere. We are pretty much in normal temps for November except when those folks up North shove some cold air down...gotta watch them!!
Damn Canadians. 😂😂
I was in a friends shop the other night when we went to supper. His shop was in a Shop magazine on the cover. He has a little re saw . About a 1” blade. Expensive to replace the blade.
Two other couples that come to the camp in the summer with their bikes. Good people.
Caper

Reactions: Smitty335
L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
Damn Canadians. 😂😂
I was in a friends shop the other night when we went to supper. His shop was in a Shop magazine on the cover. He has a little re saw . About a 1” blade. Expensive to replace the blade.
Two other couples that come to the camp in the summer with their bikes. Good people.
Caper
Yes, good people but my friends are fun to make fun of anyway...all in good fun and they make fun of me too.

• Haha
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500

Laguna is the make of the bandsaw/re saw I saw the other night. He said the re saw blade is $170 us. Carbide.
Hope it helps.
😊
Caper

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Getting cold as s*** tonight Cap. Think it’s going to frost in the morning….🤔

• Love
Reactions: Caper
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Getting cold as s*** tonight Cap. Think it’s going to frost in the morning….🤔
We’ve had a heavy frost every morning except last night. It was 50 degrees overnight. Now it raining. Rain and warm temperatures all day.
Nice on the weekend and rain all next week. Guess I got the roof done just in time.
Caper

L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
On the Hawaiian express.
😊😊
Caper
I like pineapple and those chicken roasted stick things they sell on the beach!!

34F and rising ...still falling as wet snow...won't last too much longer....maybe...Nope...it quit...maybe 2".

Last edited:
advertisement
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Got us another fine beautiful fall morning. Warming from the frost already. The cold snap has the yellow leaves dropping like gold coins. Very pretty morning with bright blue sky and sunshine ☀️ 😎

• Love
Reactions: Caper and Remington
Remington

Remington

Fife! POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Got us another fine beautiful fall morning. Warming from the frost already. The cold snap has the yellow leaves dropping like gold coins. Very pretty morning with bright blue sky and sunshine ☀️ 😎
Yup, brisk cool clear blue sky morning here too! Had a light dusting of snow last night as well. Almost gone. 30 odt

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
I like pineapple and those chicken roasted stick things they sell on the beach!!

34F and rising ...still falling as wet snow...won't last too much longer....maybe...Nope...it quit...maybe 2".
We had a dusting on the roofs yesterday. It is pouring rain now. Hopefully that was it for the snow this year.
😊
Caper

• Haha
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Yup, brisk cool clear blue sky morning here too! Had a light dusting of snow last night as well. Almost gone. 30 odt
Hi Remi. Hope all is well. And you can keep the snow there. Please. Haha. We are supposed to get rain all next week. Heavy Monday and Tuesday. We didn’t change tires over yet. Probably Saturday, but being over 50 all week, maybe next weekend.
Caper

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
@lowrider & @Smitty335 I found some maple boards for sale. Do you want me to send them down. I’ll split them up. 😊
Caper
3F12CD52 00C6 4735 AC96 AA0867369FA6

• Haha
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Watching a college football game. Southern Miss at LA Tech . People in the stands are dressed in winter jackets and blankets. How cold could it be. Haha. @Mopower58 what’s the temperature down there.
And how are you doing.
Caper

Mopower58

Mopower58

CST is the Best!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
It’s supposed to get down to 36 tonight. It’s a wet cold down here with the humidity! We are doing good, hope y’all are.

• Love
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
It’s supposed to get down to 36 tonight. It’s a wet cold down here with the humidity! We are doing good, hope y’all are.
We are good. It got down to freezing last night here. Heavy frost this morning. My brother is at the camp. They are supposed to get up to a foot of snow in snow squalls today. First snow, it would be great hunting, if he goes out of the camp. Haha
Always good to hear ya Mopower.
Have a great day.
Caper

• Love
advertisement