Weather Talk

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Not my fault when I was born.

My Dad and I did a fair amount of float fishing the mangroves. That's the only place I've see a Florida panther. We hunted the Everglades for wild hogs back when they had a majority of European boar blood...60+ years ago. Now they are mixed with former domestic pigs and I've heard they don't taste as good. The so called "Russian boar" tastes different too but they do make a very large and tasty rack of ribs. Turks hate them since they aren't supposed to eat pork although lots do. Our Rod and Gun club in Izmir set up almost weekly hog hunts and we killed 10 to 15 hogs each trip. The native farmer loved us since the hogs tore up their gardens and crops. The hogs had rib racks almost 3' long with not a lot of meat but it was tasty too. We smoked/grilled the backstrap, drank some local beer and slept in the club slot machine room...those were good days.

35F rain on top of the snow...sucks a big one!!
Same here with the rain and snow. It’s really heavy. Shoveled a bit and used the plow to do the end of the driveway
It sucked
Caper

• Wow
Reactions: Buggyman
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Yes Sir and really bad this time of year due to the snow birds.

We have a new issue:

Heavy snow and rising temperatures combined with wind will create
widespread areas of unstable snow today resulting in very
dangerous avalanche conditions. Travel in avalanche terrain is not
recommended. Avalanches may run long distances and can run into
mature forests, valley floors, or flat terrain.

Up to 38F...guess I'll go blow snow or push if it's too wet to blow....or I might take nap.
Just did ours and it turned back to snow
Caper

Reactions: Buggyman
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Caper
Rather pleasant in Shreveport this evening. Checking out Chianti’s Italian, having a dark and stormy with a nice rum….😎

• Love
Reactions: Buggyman and Caper
L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
Caper
I broke my snow blower trying to throw icy snow. Sheared a woodruff key. Pushed some with the box then gave up. Sure was easy to throw it into the wood with the blower than push it into a pile. Spring is coming.

• Love
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
I broke my snow blower trying to throw icy snow. Sheared a woodruff key. Pushed some with the box then gave up. Sure was easy to throw it into the wood with the blower than push it into a pile. Spring is coming.
I have an older Ariens 11.5 . It works great. It will throw anything.
It’s not a tractor, but it throws.
Haha
Caper

L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
I have an older Ariens 11.5 . It works great. It will throw anything.
It’s not a tractor, but it throws.
Haha
Caper
I may have the same one...27" wide...not sure what the HP might be but it is a plug-in electric start...great machine...AND it throws dog toys 20 or 30'. Tractor model is 6' wide and I can sit in a warm cab/

• Haha
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
I may have the same one...27" wide...not sure what the HP might be but it is a plug-in electric start...great machine...AND it throws dog toys 20 or 30'. Tractor model is 6' wide and I can sit in a warm cab/
The paper boy threw the paper in the driveway once, and I didn’t find it until it was shredded on the neighbors lawn. 😂😂. It will throw snow on my neighbor’s roof if I’m not careful. 😂
Caper

advertisement
L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
The paper boy threw the paper in the driveway once, and I didn’t find it until it was shredded on the neighbors lawn. 😂😂. It will throw snow on my neighbor’s roof if I’m not careful. 😂
Caper
Spokane TV just announced there were 38 avalanches on public roads in WA and ID. I 90 is closed in several passes until at least Sunday. No info on injuries or deaths. Winds to 70 mph winds. We got 40+ but no damage that I know of. Snow Pack is about normal in some cases 2 times normal. Warm and dry next week...I'm ready...tractor blower is fixed...now we won't get any heavy snows...I hope.

• Haha
Reactions: Caper
Buggyman

Buggyman

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 3, 2020
ne. ohio
Ownership

1. 700-2
just got rid of these 2 hope not sorry. both mid 1970s can't beat ariens.

IMG 20151208 172241251

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Woke up to a pleasant 50* albeit foggy/overcast morning here in Shreveport headed south Cap. I’ll keep you apprised…😎

• Love
L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
just got rid of these 2 hope not sorry. both mid 1970s can't beat ariens.

View attachment 312437
These are exactly what I look for at yard sales or as some folks call "yard surfing". I don't need them but could NOT resist these... just because!!! Still looking for a huge antique vise and a 200 lb anvil...just because.
Woke up to a pleasant 50* albeit foggy/overcast morning here in Shreveport headed south Cap. I’ll keep you apprised…😎

• Haha
Reactions: NTCPrezJB and Caper
L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
These are exactly what I look for at yard sales or as some folks call "yard surfing". I don't need them but could NOT resist these... just because!!! Still looking for a huge antique vise and a 200 lb anvil...just because.

L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
50f is great even with the fog and humidity. Did you have crawdads for dinner?

• Love
L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
23F going to 30 something but the wind is gone...it was pretty evil yesterday. The avalanches yesterday made real mess...not as bad as mudslides but that may come in the warmer weather. Looks like a little chill then some warmer days.

• Love
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!