Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Hmmm, sounds like it’s only in conduit on the outside of the house….🤔

Anyway, if so, don’t burry those staples….😊
You got a hose laying there ready? Wood deck or concrete patio?
Patio stones with a foot of packed gravel. Hose is about ten feet away. And the tap has a frozen proof tap. So if we get it, everything should be good. Haha . And the staples are for 6/3. So it should leave a little room.
Caper
Caper

Reactions: Montecresto
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Patio stones with a foot of packed gravel. Hose is about ten feet away. And the tap has a frozen proof tap. So if we get it, everything should be good. Haha . And the staples are for 6/3. So it should leave a little room.
Caper
Caper
That's called a frost proof, don't forget to drain your hose every time after use.

Reactions: Caper
L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
That's called a frost proof, don't forget to drain your hose every time after use.
Or at least disconnect the hose so the faucet can drain...assuming it was installed on an angle down to let it drain. That copper pipe splits with just a little ice in there. I have 5 on my shop and a couple years ago we pulled 4 hoses in the Fall and the one that wasn't split about an inch and it took a month for the insulation to dry.

Just came in from the outdoors and the snow is up to around 15" as measured on my 18" boots. In a couple more hours I'll go push in the dark so I can move snow before it turns over to rain about 11 PM...Spring is coming!!

• Haha
Reactions: Caper and Smitty335
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Caper
Caper
Ok good, presumably you’ve got it real level. Is it by the bedroom door? They still telling you March or so on delivery?

• Haha
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Or at least disconnect the hose so the faucet can drain...assuming it was installed on an angle down to let it drain. That copper pipe splits with just a little ice in there. I have 5 on my shop and a couple years ago we pulled 4 hoses in the Fall and the one that wasn't split about an inch and it took a month for the insulation to dry.

Just came in from the outdoors and the snow is up to around 15" as measured on my 18" boots. In a couple more hours I'll go push in the dark so I can move snow before it turns over to rain about 11 PM...Spring is coming!!
Yup, and tap was turned on to let that water out too. I have a shut off in side the basement. 😊
Spring means hot tub.
😂😂
Caper

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Ok good, presumably you’ve got it real level. Is it by the bedroom door? They still telling you March or so on delivery?
It’s as level as I could get it. So perfect. Haha. It will be about 15’ from the basement door. And five feet from the garage. Will always be a fire on in the winter.
Still March. Fingers crossed.
Caper

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
The storm is weakening. Only 6 to 8 “ now. With a little luck it will change to rain. I hate the snow, rain, then back to snow. Lr knows what I mean. Wish I had a tractor. My wife asks what I would do with a tractor, answer, anything I want.
😊😊
Caper
Headed to a business conference in Ft Meyers tomorrow, road trip via New Orleans and the coastal route all the way. Warm temps and fresh seafood every night…

advertisement
L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2

I pulled out the blower for the front loader...damn snow was so wet it would only throw it 15 to 20 feet...still better than pushing.
Headed to a business conference in Ft Meyers tomorrow, road trip via New Orleans and the coastal route all the way. Warm temps and fresh seafood every night…
I spent 2 summers in Ft Myers in high school working construction. It was mostly swamp and skeeters then...different now...enjoy the crab stuffed flounder.

• Love
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I spent 2 summers in Ft Myers in high school working construction. It was mostly swamp and skeeters then...different now...enjoy the crab stuffed flounder.
You’re really dating yourself….🤔
I hope to do some back water fishing. They’re fresh out of sea spidies down there, but the orange, red and yellow are in good repertoire…

• Love
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
A bristly 21* this morning with an eventual high of 39*
Leaving around 3:00 and should be in Shreveport for the night…

• Love
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Wish I had a tractor. My wife asks what I would do with a tractor, answer, anything I want.
And here I thought you were enjoying retirement. You’d abruptly become the most popular man in your precinct……

• Haha
L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
You’re really dating yourself….🤔
I hope to do some back water fishing. They’re fresh out of sea spidies down there, but the orange, red and yellow are in good repertoire…
Not my fault when I was born.

My Dad and I did a fair amount of float fishing the mangroves. That's the only place I've see a Florida panther. We hunted the Everglades for wild hogs back when they had a majority of European boar blood...60+ years ago. Now they are mixed with former domestic pigs and I've heard they don't taste as good. The so called "Russian boar" tastes different too but they do make a very large and tasty rack of ribs. Turks hate them since they aren't supposed to eat pork although lots do. Our Rod and Gun club in Izmir set up almost weekly hog hunts and we killed 10 to 15 hogs each trip. The native farmer loved us since the hogs tore up their gardens and crops. The hogs had rib racks almost 3' long with not a lot of meat but it was tasty too. We smoked/grilled the backstrap, drank some local beer and slept in the club slot machine room...those were good days.

35F rain on top of the snow...sucks a big one!!

• Love
L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
That's a long road trip.
Yes Sir and really bad this time of year due to the snow birds.

We have a new issue:

Heavy snow and rising temperatures combined with wind will create
widespread areas of unstable snow today resulting in very
dangerous avalanche conditions. Travel in avalanche terrain is not
recommended. Avalanches may run long distances and can run into
mature forests, valley floors, or flat terrain.

Up to 38F...guess I'll go blow snow or push if it's too wet to blow....or I might take nap.

• Love
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
That's a long road trip.
Yeah, with business in the middle….
Kind of an annual event. Always a nice break from the cold, good time of year to hold it.

• Love
advertisement