Buggyman

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 3, 2020
ne. ohio
Ownership

1. 700-2
Very cool. Were they still operational?
had those 2 plus a craftsman that was like brand new and a ariens snotek which is there economy line. the snotek was given to my brother as payment for some work. but the guy thought his brother was going to steel it so he ripped the wires off the on/off switch and cut the spark plug wire in half. so we fixed that and decided to keep it as it was the newest of the 4, only drawback is no reverse.

Reactions: Montecresto
Buggyman

Buggyman

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 3, 2020
ne. ohio
Ownership

1. 700-2
These are exactly what I look for at yard sales or as some folks call "yard surfing". I don't need them but could NOT resist these... just because!!! Still looking for a huge antique vise and a 200 lb anvil...just because.
I think I have the vice you want, it was my grandfathers the jaws are about 6" long and the handle is about 1" dia. and about a foot and a half long. it was all I could do to get it up on the bench. also ended up with his 1941 atlas 12" metal lathe with all the tools and accessories including the original owners manual. it need a new belt and you have to take the head stock apart to change the belt or use one of those adjustable belts. it's been sitting in my basement in boxes for a few years now hopefully I remember how to put it back together soon.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I think I have the vice you want, it was my grandfathers the jaws are about 6" long and the handle is about 1" dia. and about a foot and a half long. it was all I could do to get it up on the bench. also ended up with his 1941 atlas 12" metal lathe with all the tools and accessories including the original owners manual. it need a new belt and you have to take the head stock apart to change the belt or use one of those adjustable belts. it's been sitting in my basement in boxes for a few years now hopefully I remember how to put it back together soon.
Cool, but you can’t let those things go to lr or anyone else for that matter. Awesome keepables….👍

Reactions: Caper
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Spokane TV just announced there were 38 avalanches on public roads in WA and ID. I 90 is closed in several passes until at least Sunday. No info on injuries or deaths. Winds to 70 mph winds. We got 40+ but no damage that I know of. Snow Pack is about normal in some cases 2 times normal. Warm and dry next week...I'm ready...tractor blower is fixed...now we won't get any heavy snows...I hope.
That’s always the way. But if that’s what it takes. 😂😂
Caper

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
just got rid of these 2 hope not sorry. both mid 1970s can't beat ariens.

View attachment 312437
Boy they don’t look in bad shape.
Mine is around 20 years old and still works great. Put a new belt on yesterday and she threw all the slushy crap at the end of the driveway. I’d buy another when this one finally dies. I thought a couple times that was it, but buy a part, and off she goes again,
Haha
Caper

Reactions: Buggyman
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
These are exactly what I look for at yard sales or as some folks call "yard surfing". I don't need them but could NOT resist these... just because!!! Still looking for a huge antique vise and a 200 lb anvil...just because.
I was pissed when my dad gave away an anvil he had to a farrier. It weighed more than 200 lbs. Then my brother gave away his antique big vise after he died.
I have a little one almost like the one he had..
Caper

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
23F going to 30 something but the wind is gone...it was pretty evil yesterday. The avalanches yesterday made real mess...not as bad as mudslides but that may come in the warmer weather. Looks like a little chill then some warmer days.
Yesterday sucked. We cleaned up in the rain last night and not long after it snowed like a blizzard. Only a few inches, but it drifted in some spots, and went down to 15 degrees so everything underneath is frozen solid. Going up to 35 tomorrow then Tuesday down to around 0 f. Only for a couple days, so that’s not bad.
Caper

advertisement
Buggyman

Buggyman

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 3, 2020
ne. ohio
Ownership

1. 700-2
Boy they don’t look in bad shape.
Mine is around 20 years old and still works great. Put a new belt on yesterday and she threw all the slushy crap at the end of the driveway. I’d buy another when this one finally dies. I thought a couple times that was it, but buy a part, and off she goes again,
Haha
Caper
can't beat em

• Haha
Reactions: Caper
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Then you become a hoarder
Haha
No, keeping the last 50 issues of time magazine or hanging on to every cardboard box that comes into your possession is hoarding. Safe guarding grandpas tools to pass on to your grandson, that’s just cool….😎

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: Buggyman and Caper
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I was pissed when my dad gave away an anvil he had to a farrier. It weighed more than 200 lbs. Then my brother gave away his antique big vise after he died.
I have a little one almost like the one he had..
Caper
Well, had he presented them to you then you’d be the hoarder 🤔

• Haha
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Cool here this morning. -8 , so around 20 f. I just saw where my daughter moved from this summer is -39. And-39 is f and c. It doesn’t matter it’s the same. Too damn cold.
Caper

99B24046 E3F4 4312 AB41 4E4F6BBA48FD

• Wow
Reactions: Buggyman
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Cool here this morning. -8 , so around 20 f. I just saw where my daughter moved from this summer is -39. And-39 is f and c. It doesn’t matter it’s the same. Too damn cold.
Caper

View attachment 312599
Looks like you’re having a warming trend….

T-shirt weather here this morning…..

• Love
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Definitely not here today. If you wore a t shirt here today it would be under a big jacket. Or it would be a very nippy day. Haha
How was supper. Where to today
Caper
It was delightful, usually hard to beat Ruth’s Chris and we wanted to hit it sense New Orleans is the first original restaurant. Off down the coast now the rest of the way. Be going through Biloxi, Gulf Port, may be in Gulf Shores for the night or Pensacola, not sure, have to take a ferry at one point so…….

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Haha
It was delightful, usually hard to beat Ruth’s Chris and we wanted to hit it sense New Orleans is the first original restaurant. Off down the coast now the rest of the way. Be going through Biloxi, Gulf Port, may be in Gulf Shores for the night or Pensacola, not sure, have to take a ferry at one point so…….,
I have an old buddy in Pascagoula. I worked with him on the rig. Was from Jamestown shipyards. Bill. Forgot his last name right now. He was my boss until he figured out I knew almost as much as him, he just collected his check after that. Haha
Have a great day
Caper

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Haha

I have an old buddy in Pascagoula. I worked with him on the rig. Was from Jamestown shipyards. Bill. Forgot his last name right now. He was my boss until he figured out I knew almost as much as him, he just collected his check after that. Haha
Have a great day
Caper
Small world, we drove through that town shortly before boarding the ferry in C’s Prius for a 30 minute trip across the bay to gulf shores….👍
EB739236 FC94 43AA 80D3 DBF83960E8E7

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!