Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Just be glad your not by a road intersection, then you would hear click clacking and the ding ding and the flashing lights of the rail crossing a road, been there done that in a train form Sacramento to Tulsa when I was a kid.
No, don’t want that. Lived in an apartment in Forsyth Montana when I was 17, right on the tracks, a bit of annoyance when the engine’s passed, but then 15 minutes of that beautiful clicketty clack to lull me to sleep….😍

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Caper
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
There’s a main line coming out of the container piers and Halifax about a block away from me. We don’t even notice it anymore. Only when kids cross the tracks in front of it and it blows the horn.
Caper
My Grandparents raised me and my sister, we lived maybe 200 feet from the tracks, rattled the windows every time the train went through, which was often, you learn to sleep right through it. We had the big derail and a car full of Bannas spilled out, I got sick of eating Bananas, my Grandparents were dirt poor so they took advantage of every thing.

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
My Grandparents raised me and my sister, we lived maybe 200 feet from the tracks, rattled the windows every time the train went through, which was often, you learn to sleep right through it. We had the big derail and a car full of Bannas spilled out, I got sick of eating Bananas, my Grandparents were dirt poor so they took advantage of every thing.
Gotta do what you gotta do. I still know families in Cape Breton like that today. I’d be the first person to help drag a moose out of season. Just another shot in the dark down there.
Caper

Reactions: Smitty335
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Gotta do what you gotta do. I still know families in Cape Breton like that today. I’d be the first person to help drag a moose out of season. Just another shot in the dark down there.
Caper
My Dad bought a cabin on 160 acres, if you can call the cabin a cabin in the middle of no where, my step Mother decided no hunting by anyone, Dad was talking to me about the no hunting thing, I told him the locals had been hunting this mountain for generations and to protect the cabin he didn't need to stir the water, he thought about it for a while and realized I was right, the locals watch the cabin now, nothing is ever touched. These people hunt year around for existence.

• Love
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
My Dad bought a cabin on 160 acres, if you can call the cabin a cabin in the middle of no where, my step Mother decided no hunting by anyone, Dad was talking to me about the no hunting thing, I told him the locals had been hunting this mountain for generations and to protect the cabin he didn't need to stir the water, he thought about it for a while and realized I was right, the locals watch the cabin now, nothing is ever touched. These people hunt year around for existence.
Same as the neighbors at the camp. A couple guys are x bikers. And most are country strong. Big guys. I wouldn’t want to be the person they catch. We have those cell trail cameras on the camp. Sends a picture to your phone in about 5 minutes. Just on the driveway and containers. Neighbors usually come by on their skidoo’s this time of year and wave. Haha
My dad was born down there about 5 miles from the camp. And during the depression he was sent to live with his uncle about a mile from the camp through the woods. Two miles on the road. Our camp used to be a one room schoolhouse. We used to get a few people that went to school there stop by to see the old place and tell stories. Haha
Caper

• Love
Reactions: Montecresto
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Then they’re probably squatting in the cabin too….😂
We had to put a bar across the door and cover the windows. We always had just a lock and years ago someone broke in and stole everything. That was it.
I told an RCMP officer one time, they have balls, he said why, I said look where you are. You can take your gun out and shoot the 15 shots off, I guarantee nobody will call you. He found it hard to believe, haha. Not really.
Caper

• Haha
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
34* and windy in Mobile this morning. Headed north today. The big cargo ship is gone this morning….
8D8CFB93 4670 41FD A8CA 8A4FDE33A5E1
7CD24B0C 2DE1 4B59 B2B0 7E1C6FC697AC

Last edited:
Reactions: SWB and Caper
advertisement
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Just starting to snow. Getting a little before the heavy rain this afternoon and evening. Going up to 60 mph winds. Should be howling.
Caper

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Wow. Isn’t that cold for down there. The alligators won’t like that. 😊
Drive safe brother
Caper
Yep, they say it’s very unusual. We’re just outside Memphis now, and there’s quite a bit of lingering snow. Be staying there.
Thanks Cap….😊

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Are you looking for Moonshine.
😊
Have fun
Caper
No, I’m not haha. Headed into Ruth’s Chris for a great steak, the best sides, and cocktails crafted from fresh squeezed juice…..😎

• Love
advertisement