Weather Talk

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
We made 57 today. Last night heavy thunder storms complete with thunder and lightning and rain. Some flooding in the area and #1 took the 700 out to see how much mud he could get on the roof. He was successful at covering most of the roof, windshield and most everything above and below knee level...now I have a pile of other peoples mud in my driveway. Weekend promises 60+ for a couple days then more rain. It's almost April so shower can't be far behind.

Wonderful smoked salmon soup for dinner with lots of oyster crackers and nearly too full to type so Good Night Mrs. Calibash.
I like the
Above and below the knee
😂😂
Caper

• Haha
Reactions: Smitty335
L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
I like the
Above and below the knee
😂😂
Caper
Thanx!
Might get to near 60 again. Following an up, down and around hose bath the 700 is now in the garage to get a Spring "onceover" to make sure she is ready to go. If the rain would go away for a few days CP and I may head up the mountain and scope out the snow level. From the house it looks to be mostly gone but I've been tricked by the snow before.

I went up to scope out Spring Bear and got the F250 stuck while turning around into what looked like a foot of snow and it turned out to be deep mud under the snow and the back would not move...one wheel drive in the front was on ice so I had a long walk down the hill to get my tractor. Got a neighbor's jeep to see if that would be enough and when we returned the truck was sitting on the road and some sort of tracked vehicle had pull out the truck for me...probably lumber folks....big thanks to someone!!! Never saw a bear.

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Thanx!
Might get to near 60 again. Following an up, down and around hose bath the 700 is now in the garage to get a Spring "onceover" to make sure she is ready to go. If the rain would go away for a few days CP and I may head up the mountain and scope out the snow level. From the house it looks to be mostly gone but I've been tricked by the snow before.

I went up to scope out Spring Bear and got the F250 stuck while turning around into what looked like a foot of snow and it turned out to be deep mud under the snow and the back would not move...one wheel drive in the front was on ice so I had a long walk down the hill to get my tractor. Got a neighbor's jeep to see if that would be enough and when we returned the truck was sitting on the road and some sort of tracked vehicle had pull out the truck for me...probably lumber folks....big thanks to someone!!! Never saw a bear.
We usually have snow on the mountain not far from the camp. Not completely covered, but the low spots on the road are usually deep until into June. Drove over everything last year, shouldn’t be a lot this year. I’ll take pictures in May, you take pictures too.
😊
Have fun.
Caper

Reactions: SWB and Smitty335
L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
64 and light breeze. Headed to the big city tomorrow to hit Costco before all the folks show up on Thursday to get all the stuff first.

Making Turkish fried bread for dinner along with Spam and tatters fried up with onions, garlic and mild peppers. I miss my Turkish maid we had over there but she's dead so I gotta cook for myself.

• Sad
  • Love
Reactions: Caper and Smitty335
L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
Sunshine, 38 for 60's. Mountain snow melt is underway and rivers swelling, rapids rising and I'm thinking it's time to finish my 1240 jon and brake in the 5hp propane fired Tahatsu in the big lake. Little lake trout and small mouths are hungry and I hear them calling...feed me, feed me, feed me a worm or a fly to gobble up. There just isn't enough time to make them all happy.

• Haha
Reactions: Smitty335 and Caper
advertisement
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Can
Sunshine, 38 for 60's. Mountain snow melt is underway and rivers swelling, rapids rising and I'm thinking it's time to finish my 1240 jon and brake in the 5hp propane fired Tahatsu in the big lake. Little lake trout and small mouths are hungry and I hear them calling...feed me, feed me, feed me a worm or a fly to gobble up. There just isn't enough time to make them all happy.
I come too.
😊
Sounds fun.
We have no mountains, like you do, except in Cape Breton Highlands. But it’s only around 1,200 ft , haha. But they get a lot of snow. So the Margaree is full this time of year.
Caper

L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
Can

I come too.
😊
Sounds fun.
We have no mountains, like you do, except in Cape Breton Highlands. But it’s only around 1,200 ft , haha. But they get a lot of snow. So the Margaree is full this time of year.
Caper
Sure!

I remember the Highlands being wet and cold when we were there so I can see lots of snow in the Winter.

• Haha
Reactions: Smitty335 and Caper
SWB

SWB

Apr 22, 2019
South Central Arkansas
Ownership

1. 700-2
We have storms coming through tomorrow from around 11am and exiting state in east around 4pm. @Wallace

Reactions: Caper
L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
We actually got a little snow overnight. Not enough to cover the street. But enough to cover the car and lawns. 🤮
Caper
Late July which was a wonderful time anyway. Enjoyed the big tides...bigger than AK...even the bore tides but too cold to surf for me anyway.

• Haha
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Late July which was a wonderful time anyway. Enjoyed the big tides...bigger than AK...even the bore tides but too cold to surf for me anyway.
Lawrencetown beach is where everyone surfs here. Good waves but really cold. Tidal boar surfing has got big in the last few years. Go for miles. If you don’t fall.
😊
Caper

L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
Lawrencetown beach is where everyone surfs here. Good waves but really cold. Tidal boar surfing has got big in the last few years. Go for miles. If you don’t fall.
😊
Caper
I have a hard enough time lately standing up on the floor. Once upon a time I wasn't good but I had fun and the chics dig it. My first 4 wheel vehicle was a 1958 CJ-5 with a 283 Chevy. I loaded it up with kids and boards and ran down to Orange Inlet where there was a series of sand bars that made great surfing when the tide came in. A hurricane washed them all away so all we could then was drink beer...safe 'cause the police didn't have any 4 wheel drive cars so we spent the night on the beach with the sand fleas. Those were good days for sure.

• Haha
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
We have storms coming through tomorrow from around 11am and exiting state in east around 4pm. @Wallace
View attachment 327102
View attachment 327103
We had a tornado hit E Springdale at 4:00 AM in the vicinity of our office, camera is still working so hopefully the office is good. @SWB looks like your getting hammered now?

Reactions: Caper
advertisement