Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
Too hot, too soon
😊
Caper
I'd be happy to share just a little bitty piece of the heat...say ...maybe 10 degrees more. The faces on TV keep talking about a "warming trend" but I haven't seen it yet. I know I'm wimping out on chasing the big lake trout but it's just not fun any more standing in an open boat in 40F air and 42 degree water and dodging rain drops. It was fun trying to trick king salmon into biting orange spinners with snow falling and the boat bumping into ice...can you outgrow that spark of enthusiasm?????

• Haha
Reactions: Smitty335 and Caper
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
I'd be happy to share just a little bitty piece of the heat...say ...maybe 10 degrees more. The faces on TV keep talking about a "warming trend" but I haven't seen it yet. I know I'm wimping out on chasing the big lake trout but it's just not fun any more standing in an open boat in 40F air and 42 degree water and dodging rain drops. It was fun trying to trick king salmon into biting orange spinners with snow falling and the boat bumping into ice...can you outgrow that spark of enthusiasm?????
Could be worse. You could have an unwanted visitor like my buddy in Alberta. And remember he’s only 100 miles away. 😊 This was at the cattle guard about 50’ from his front door. Never touched the Cattle in the field or the bee hives. But right at sunrise, just as I’d be going to the blind behind him in the field.
😊
Caper

C929C11B 01DE 4EDB 8031 D0D04C47E5AE 632630F4 66E7 488C 96E7 85F6862AF0D0

• Wow
Reactions: Smitty335
L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
Could be worse. You could have an unwanted visitor like my buddy in Alberta. And remember he’s only 100 miles away. 😊 This was at the cattle guard about 50’ from his front door. Never touched the Cattle in the field or the bee hives. But right at sunrise, just as I’d be going to the blind behind him in the field.
😊
Caper

View attachment 335610 View attachment 335611
Hard to tell but they are always happy with sweet stuff.

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Do you think that cute little bear can jump a cattle guard??
He crossed it on the video. I just took a snapshot before he went out of sight. The camera is on the post on the fence right at the cattle guard. He’s smart enough to know not to kill cattle. He didn’t look like it was starving. Haha
Probably going after the fawns.
Caper

L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
He crossed it on the video. I just took a snapshot before he went out of sight. The camera is on the post on the fence right at the cattle guard. He’s smart enough to know not to kill cattle. He didn’t look like it was starving. Haha
Probably going after the fawns.
Caper
Or calf. MT ranchers are losing spring calves to wolves and bears.

• Wow
Reactions: Caper and Smitty335
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Or calf. MT ranchers are losing spring calves to wolves and bears.
No calves. But the cattle are only 2 years old. It’s surprising that he didn’t try. Now that doesn’t mean he didn’t try one of his neighbors.
but he hadn’t heard anything.
I said as long as he’s not sitting in the house having breakfast when you get there. Haha. All good.
Maybe he’s just waiting for the hives to be full of honey.
Haha
Caper

L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
No calves. But the cattle are only 2 years old. It’s surprising that he didn’t try. Now that doesn’t mean he didn’t try one of his neighbors.
but he hadn’t heard anything.
I said as long as he’s not sitting in the house having breakfast when you get there. Haha. All good.
Maybe he’s just waiting for the hives to be full of honey.
Haha
Caper
That's what I always say when I want somethng...."hi honey".

On a serious note....has anyone done a selective diff on the rear of a 700? Last time I asked the answer was get a "1000".

Reactions: Caper and Smitty335
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
That's what I always say when I want somethng...."hi honey".

On a serious note....has anyone done a selective diff on the rear of a 700? Last time I asked the answer was get a "1000".
Never heard of such. When I engage Diff loc all four wheels are pulling though?

• Love
Reactions: Caper
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Been raining here every day for the last 5 days, hay is ready to cut, I expect 100's of acres will be cut and laid down Friday around here.

• Love
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Been raining here every day for the last 5 days, hay is ready to cut, I expect 100's of acres will be cut and laid down Friday around here.
Those are some of my best memories as a kid. Forearms all scratched and throwing bales up on the wagon. Then sitting on top of the hay coming down the hill with the horses trying to push back on the weight trying to run them over. Then making tunnels in the hay mound in the barn. Plus the smell of the fresh cut hay.
❤️❤️
Caper

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Those are some of my best memories as a kid. Forearms all scratched and throwing bales up on the wagon. Then sitting on top of the hay coming down the hill with the horses trying to push back on the weight trying to run them over. Then making tunnels in the hay mound in the barn. Plus the smell of the fresh cut hay.
❤️❤️
Caper
Same here except we didn't use horses. We called it bucking hay, We would buck hay onto the truck / trailer and then into the hay loft, usually a three man operation in the loft. When we got the electric conveyor we were in heaven! The good ole days, we hauled hay for .03 a bale and split it 3 ways. Farmer supplied truck & trailer. We were in tall cotton at those wages!

• Love
L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
Same here except we didn't use horses. We called it bucking hay, We would buck hay onto the truck / trailer and then into the hay loft, usually a three man operation in the loft. When we got the electric conveyor we were in heaven! The good ole days, we hauled hay for .03 a bale and split it 3 ways. Farmer supplied truck & trailer. We were in tall cotton at those wages!
I grew too old I guess but we used a conveyor run by a canvas belt off the PTO. It was the same conveyor that my Grand Dad ran off his old Massey Furgie. I remember my Dad telling how I got buried under a bale with only my legs sticking out. I think my reward was being tasked with cranking the ice cream maker.

• Haha
L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
Never heard of such. When I engage Diff loc all four wheels are pulling though?
Cause you have one of those fancy 1K machines. Us poor folk with the puny 700 have locked rear ends. Yes I'm whining about it since I think Mother Honda should fix that design error.

• Love
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
My neighbor at my camp moved there in the 70’s from the US. That’s how they started doing everything when they first moved there. Churned their butter and stacked loose hay. It only lasted a few years.
too much work.
And the horses were only st my dad’s cousin, who was in his 80’s then. We went from farm to farm doing hay for weeks. Never got a dime, but was always fed really well. I went to a funeral a few years ago, Angus Beaton. He had 3 girls, all around my age. I wasn’t sure his wife would even remember us. Me and my brother. I caught her looking at us and waved us over. When she found out who we were, she said she has a picture of us working the hay in the field, still on her fridge.
working the hay and looking at the girls. 😂😂
Caper

L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
My neighbor at my camp moved there in the 70’s from the US. That’s how they started doing everything when they first moved there. Churned their butter and stacked loose hay. It only lasted a few years.
too much work.
And the horses were only st my dad’s cousin, who was in his 80’s then. We went from farm to farm doing hay for weeks. Never got a dime, but was always fed really well. I went to a funeral a few years ago, Angus Beaton. He had 3 girls, all around my age. I wasn’t sure his wife would even remember us. Me and my brother. I caught her looking at us and waved us over. When she found out who we were, she said she has a picture of us working the hay in the field, still on her fridge.
working the hay and looking at the girls. 😂😂
Caper
Funny how the hay seems to slip away and the chicks remain...better that way I suppose!

• Haha

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!