Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
They move really fast for short distances but tire quickly, they aren't too aggressive as long as they have plenty to eat. They love beavers and dogs.
Ok question! Some friends and I have talked about them, you would have no issues getting away from one on land, am I correct?

Reactions: Mopower58 and Caper
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
An alligator caught about 1/2 mile from the house. Neighbors son was riding the golf cart through the woods and happened up on it. The neighbor is good friends with the game warden and with it being out of season the warden emphasized not killing it because of all the red tape. They loaded it up in a pickup, which it filled up the bed, and relocated it.

View attachment 104757
Wow. He’d eat you. Haha. Like a big Grizzly in the water. It would be awesome to see though.
Caper

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
If you ran faster than your friend. Haha
Caper
That’s like the two guys hiking in the woods when a big Grizzly starts coming after them and one guy sits down and starts putting on his sneakers and his buddy says ‘ Your not going to out run that bear, his buddy putting on the sneakers says ‘ I don’t have to out run the bear I just have to out run you. Haha
Caper

Mopower58

Mopower58

CST is the Best!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Ok question! Some friends and I have talked about them, you would have no issues getting away from one on land, am I correct?
It really would depend on how close you were,I would never risk it if I were close to the water which is their habitat. You might think you are fast but animals will amaze you at their speed. This one was kind of a medium sized one, he was a little over 12ft long and 650-700 lbs. Their tails can be hazardous too!

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
It really would depend on how close you were,I would never risk it if I were close to the water which is their habitat. You might think you are fast but animals will amaze you at their speed. This one was kind of a medium sized one, he was a little over 12ft long and 650-700 lbs. There tails can be hazardous too!
Wow, that’s crazy, medium size. Yeah , he’s eat every bit of you. Haha
Caper

Reactions: Mopower58
Mopower58

Mopower58

CST is the Best!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
This one was 13 ft @ 727 lbs.

IMG 0477

advertisement
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
It really would depend on how close you were,I would never risk it if I were close to the water which is their habitat. You might think you are fast but animals will amaze you at their speed. This one was kind of a medium sized one, he was a little over 12ft long and 650-700 lbs. Their tails can be hazardous too!
I definitely understand the water part! Something has always made me be around one. Think it’s just curiosity as we don’t have anything close

Reactions: Mopower58 and Caper
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
I saw a picture of a gator with his nose sticking up through the ice on the news a couple days ago. Somewhere down south. He looked cold. But I guess he lived. Getting back to weather. Haha
Caper

Mopower58

Mopower58

CST is the Best!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Their eyes and nostrils are on top of their head. Nature made them that way so that is all that is exposed when in the water, that way their body is under the water and it makes it easier for them to sneak up on their food.

Mopower58

Mopower58

CST is the Best!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Unless you are actually looking or hunting for them you rarely will see them. However in Florida their have been a couple of dogs and a lady or two eaten by them because they were very close to the water.

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
741.5 lbs. caught in backwater of the Mississippi River.This is a male, females are smaller.

View attachment 104774
I hunt, and have been in the woods of Cape Breton since I was a kid.and I’m not scared of bears or coyotes, they are big up here, crossed with the red wolf. But I hunt in Alberta and the only thing I worry about is a big Grizzly walking up on me. Same as a gator, you don’t see them usually. Haha. My friend said ‘ oh you can’t shoot a Grizzly they are protected. Haha. I said if I see him before he sees me and he looks at me sideways, yeah that’s it for him. Haha. The last few years it’s been
-20 to -25 so I wasn’t too worried about bears. But it must be hard to go swimming in rivers or lakes with them around. Especially a 12 and 13 footer. That’s just crazy. Like when I was a kid with the Jaws movie. STAY OUT OF THE WATER. Haha
Caper

Reactions: Mopower58
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5

We’re supposed to get about1.5- 2” of accumulation where we’re at but those damn Yankees in North Alabama like @joeymt33 may see 3”.

Ice is going to be the issue as we will get probably 12” of snowfall before it cools the ground and roads enough to start accumulation.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!