Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Well darn, you can come up and help me butcher trees, 150 miles isn't far! I need someone to get in the tractor bucket with a pole saw! HA!
With this last round of tree damage, got me to thinking about a man basket that attaches to the forks on my tractor?

• Love
Reactions: Caper
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
With this last round of tree damage, got me to thinking about a man basket that attaches to the forks on my tractor?
Saw one at JD yesterday
I thought that’s cool
Should have taken a picture
Got a picture of a log hauler for an atv
Cool
Caper
B988C48F ACA0 42F2 8000 DDFF7232637A

L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
I have 4 wheel "bar" chains and they do well but not great. This is he first tractor I've owned without "ag" tires...stupid on my part.

Do you have turf tires ?
They wouldn’t be any good here
Caper
No. I think they are "R4" which are the "standard" for construction equipment but they are not worth a damn in snow or mud. I have been stuck twice in mud and fortunately I had the back hoe on and it is easy to pull yourself out with the hoe. Ag's are hard on grass but I have turf tires on my mower so I seldom use the tractor in the summer and it's usually on the gravel driveway just filling in holes or low spots so Ag's would be fine 90% of the time at least for me. We have turf tires on the big Deere we use to mow the taxiways and runway.

• Love
Reactions: Caper and Smitty335
L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
I use a pallet with sides nail on. #1 can reach about 14' or 15' on his tippy toes. I tried it on my 8' boom but it scared the suff out of him but he reached over 20' and was OK with the nail gun or something like that.

• Love
Reactions: Caper
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
I use a pallet with sides nail on. #1 can reach about 14' or 15' on his tippy toes. I tried it on my 8' boom but it scared the suff out of him but he reached over 20' and was OK with the nail gun or something like that.
You both need one of these
😊
8E7A342E 27FC 4458 889A 2012B29610B5
Caper

• Haha
Reactions: Smitty335
L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
You both need one of these
😊
View attachment 371471Caper
I rented one to do the siding on my shop and hanger 39' up. I had a little box with a joy stick on it control the bucket....great fun but I think I can have more fun spending the same amount of money on something else. It did beat the hell out of a ladder.

• Haha
  • Love
L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
You get the butt end up and drag it?
The one I built had the double hooks and as soon as I started pulling the hooks grabed the log and raised it up in the air...no winch or power needed. I gave it to a fellow for a bushel of pears to can. CP was not happy...that's a lot of pears to can 12 at a time...then we ran out of lids in the middle of the batch and CP was not happy. They were good pears but I will not repeat that deal anytime soon.

• Haha
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
During the Recession we had a bad ice storm, we rented a trailer thing that would reach 20 foot and started trimming trees, haul off and selling the fire wood for three solid months
That one will do 40’
I had it up all the way, my buddy was a little nervous.
😂😂
Caper

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
I rented one to do the siding on my shop and hanger 39' up. I had a little box with a joy stick on it control the bucket....great fun but I think I can have more fun spending the same amount of money on something else. It did beat the hell out of a ladder.
I’ve used them at the yard over 100’
And those big ones you can drive along when up at height. Always fun. Definitely better than building scaffolding. And I was stadging charge hand. Haha
Caper

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
The one I built had the double hooks and as soon as I started pulling the hooks grabed the log and raised it up in the air...no winch or power needed. I gave it to a fellow for a bushel of pears to can. CP was not happy...that's a lot of pears to can 12 at a time...then we ran out of lids in the middle of the batch and CP was not happy. They were good pears but I will not repeat that deal anytime soon.
Hi honey. I made a deal and all you have to do is a little work.
My wife would have laughed at me.
😂
Caper

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!