L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
Was at -5 today! Dam cold.
I miss my old man Lab as well! Although his old creeky bones wouldnt like this cold. Been gone 6 months now. I still see his sad old face every now and then.
View attachment 372367
Yes Sir! That was our 9th Lab and bonded to #1 son. The old boy had a stroke and we were on a trip so he had to put him down and bury him. Lost his dog and his Mother 2 months in a row. He's doing well considering.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Yes Sir! That was our 9th Lab and bonded to #1 son. The old boy had a stroke and we were on a trip so he had to put him down and bury him. Lost his dog and his Mother 2 months in a row. He's doing well considering.
Im sorry for what you had to go through. Never easy any way you look at it.
We are on our 5th lab.
My wife and I cant have children so they are our children. The old man I spoke of had a litter mate as well. We lost him 3 years ago from Brain cancer. His brother the old man lived to be 12-1/2 and was a great mentor to our currant pup. I miss all of them dearly. I think of them every day.

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Was at -5 today! Dam cold.
I miss my old man Lab as well! Although his old creeky bones wouldnt like this cold. Been gone 6 months now. I still see his sad old face every now and then.
View attachment 372367
I hear ya. I miss my two old Goldens every day. They both didn’t mind the cold. They would actually go into the water.
Caper

L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
I hear ya. I miss my two old Goldens every day. They both didn’t mind the cold. They would actually go into the water.
Caper
CP's Golden Doddle is a great dog but won't go near water. The black b**** poodle is the same way. I thought they were waterfowl chasers once upon a time. The best part about Doodles is the don't shed.

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
CP's Golden Doddle is a great dog but won't go near water. The black b**** poodle is the same way. I thought they were waterfowl chasers once upon a time. The best part about Doodles is the don't shed.
Goldens definitely do Shen. I thought by getting a Nova Scotia Duck Toller this time it would be half the fur. Haha, nope. And he loves the water too, even this time of year.
Caper

• Haha
Reactions: Smitty335
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Hey @Caper you ever take a trip down the East Coast of Maine? My wife and I are thinking we would like to. We want to stay off interstates as much as possible and follow the coast down.

Reactions: Caper
L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
Hey @Caper you ever take a trip down the East Coast of Maine? My wife and I are thinking we would like to. We want to stay off interstates as much as possible and follow the coast down.
Not answering for Caper but DO IT!!! I love that area and I don't have enough fingers and toes to count the number of trips we/I made in that area. I had an offer on an Ocean front house but was out bid by someone with more money than me. I would be living there now if we had gotten the house. I've made several motorcycle trips up there since then. Th manager at the Super 8 in Banger was my buddy and I always brought her a bottle of good smooth scotch.

Just Do it!!

• Love
Reactions: Caper and Smitty335
advertisement
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Not answering for Caper but DO IT!!! I love that area and I don't have enough fingers and toes to count the number of trips we/I made in that area. I had an offer on an Ocean front house but was out bid by someone with more money than me. I would be living there now if we had gotten the house. I've made several motorcycle trips up there since then. Th manager at the Super 8 in Banger was my buddy and I always brought her a bottle of good smooth scotch.

Just Do it!!
Any info would be greatly appreciated, we want to stay in small towns and eat seafood along the way.

L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
Any info would be greatly appreciated, we want to stay in small towns and eat seafood along the way.
My info is 15+ years old but you have the correct idea...stay on county or state roads. I dont think I've ever had bad sea food there. I can bet that you may need reservations for rooms along the way. Caper may have better info than I.

• Love
Reactions: Caper and Smitty335
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Yup it’s beautiful. Kinda like Nova Scotia. You have to go to all the outlet stores. I think it’s Kenabuckport. Your wife will love it. And maybe you too. Haha
Caper

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
My info is 15+ years old but you have the correct idea...stay on county or state roads. I dont think I've ever had bad sea food there. I can bet that you may need reservations for rooms along the way. Caper may have better info than I.
Nope, you have it right. Yup you will like it
Caper

Reactions: Smitty335
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Yup it’s beautiful. Kinda like Nova Scotia. You have to go to all the outlet stores. I think it’s Kenabuckport. Your wife will love it. And maybe you too. Haha
Caper
I hope the wife doesn't like the outlet stores, was planning on flying! HA!

• Love
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
One more round on freezing rain tonight and then a switch over to all rain around 8 in morning. 50's this weekend and 65 to start work week on Monday.
You sill have power? Saw on the news this morning 20,000 were without power in Southern AR. All power is restored in NW AR

• Wow
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!