Weather Talk

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Those things are shot on sight...right! Inside 100 yds a 22 Mag works great. My Dad used to eat them but then he learned they were good (?) during the "dust bowl" and depression. He wouldn't eat possum which confused me as young boy...shows good judgement to me.

18F is part of the "warm up" for the weekend. Nothing falling from the sky so I'll take it.
My friend in Southern Alberta sits on the front step with his 17 mag and a good scope and will pick off 30 to 50 a day in the field. Bad for the cattle. He just leaves them for the Golden Eagles and hawks and owls that have nests all around the field. He said now they just sit in their nests and wait for the shot. Haha
Sounds fun
Caper

• Haha
Reactions: Smitty335
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Is that a Big Buddy
I have one and a couple small ones and a salamander. Plus the generator that would run three homes. Oh and I also have a 2,000 w gen in the basement still in the box. My wife says I go overboard. 😂 Oh and about 20 flashlights and about 40 packs of batteries.
Can you tell we had a bad experience with Juan. Never again
Caper

• Haha
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
I’ll bring my chainsaw over and help you cut it down. I’ve cut many off the top of houses up here, gets a little tricky when it’s at the edge of the house. You need to put a brace under it so it doesn’t fall on the rest of your house. Can be done without any more damage. And not rent a crane.
Caper

L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
How's it holding up?
754 hours and no problems until there was. I'm getting significant "jerking" from the hydralics on the 3 pt. Dealer mechs don't have a clue...bring it in and we'll take a look at it. $350 to pick it up and $135/hr looking. Never had a tractor I coulsn't fix but this one has electronic codes like cars, etc and they don't loan out their code reader. So, yes it's done well until now.

Reactions: Smitty335 and Caper
Wallace

Wallace

Well that didn't go as planned
Lifetime Member
Jun 28, 2017
Lonoke Arkansas
Ownership

1. 500
It is the hunting house. My brother was there. That tree has been a worry for many years. Yea @Smitty335 your rig is a little short that's a 2 story house. I haven't got a firsthand look at it yet.

Reactions: Smitty335 and Caper
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
754 hours and no problems until there was. I'm getting significant "jerking" from the hydralics on the 3 pt. Dealer mechs don't have a clue...bring it in and we'll take a look at it. $350 to pick it up and $135/hr looking. Never had a tractor I coulsn't fix but this one has electronic codes like cars, etc and they don't loan out their code reader. So, yes it's done well until now.
Is it just like a code reader for a car or truck. I mean same codes ?
My brother is a diesel mechanic and good with hydraulics. I can ask him if he can think of anything if you want.
Caper

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Hopefully
It is the hunting house. My brother was there. That tree has been a worry for many years. Yea @Smitty335 your rig is a little short that's a 2 story house. I haven't got a firsthand look at it yet.
Hopefully no holes punched in the roof. Not too big a deal if it did. Just lift the shingles around and cut the plywood or boards square around the hole and screw on some cleats for the new wood and screw them on. Paper then reshingle. I just did a friend’s from Feiona. Then we rented the manlift and cut the other two down around the house from the top down. Looks like you might need to do the same. I’ll bring my chainsaw over and get started. 😊
You know I would if I was a little closer. Good luck brother. Keep me informed.
Caper

Wallace

Wallace

Well that didn't go as planned
Lifetime Member
Jun 28, 2017
Lonoke Arkansas
Ownership

1. 500
Hopefully

Hopefully no holes punched in the roof. Not too big a deal if it did. Just lift the shingles around and cut the plywood or boards square around the hole and screw on some cleats for the new wood and screw them on. Paper then reshingle. I just did a friend’s from Feiona. Then we rented the manlift and cut the other two down around the house from the top down. Looks like you might need to do the same. I’ll bring my chainsaw over and get started. 😊
You know I would if I was a little closer. Good luck brother. Keep me informed.
Caper
I'll give you half the wood if you cut it up. ;)

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Well its off again. We got stove going again. Its a big stove. So far it is holding to about 64 in house.

I'm having trouble with quietness in house while trying sleep.
Your stove is unvented I suppose, if it is don't forget to crack a window for fresh air. Carbon Monoxide can build up pretty quickly.

Reactions: Caper
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Ice, sleet and snow are on a fast retreat, got up to 48* and full sun today, took it awhile to get there but I like the results!

• Love
Reactions: Caper

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!