Weather Talk

L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
I tried sitting in the sun with my t-shirt, but just a little too cool with the cool wind,
Caper
OH...you mean outside....no no no, I mean standing INSIDE with the sun coming thru the window...71 on the inside of the glass. I'm close enough to just see the cold outside without needing to GO outside to actually feel it....been there, done that. I bet there are people dumb enough to play golf in this weather.

PS: it's 59 in my normally 65 degree garage.

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: Smitty335 and Caper
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
OH...you mean outside....no no no, I mean standing INSIDE with the sun coming thru the window...71 on the inside of the glass. I'm close enough to just see the cold outside without needing to GO outside to actually feel it....been there, done that. I bet there are people dumb enough to play golf in this weather.

PS: it's 59 in my normally 65 degree garage.
The girls are playing today here, but it’s over 50. My wife has a dentist appointment so can’t go and she’s mad.
😊
Caper

• Haha
Reactions: Smitty335
L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
The girls are playing today here, but it’s over 50. My wife has a dentist appointment so can’t go and she’s mad.
😊
Caper
I was talking about here...50's is warm enough to go fishing in shorts but why would you waste your time chasing a little ball when you could be fishing? Years ago I had a boss who played golf and I would never go with him. He explained the exercise and being outside in fresh air and so on... I observed...riding your fat ass around in a cart and hitting the 19 hole is not exercise...he was not amused.

• Haha
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
10 Inches of snow melted Sunday, ice this morning and raining, sleeting and snowing now.

Reactions: Caper
advertisement
SWB

SWB

Apr 22, 2019
South Central Arkansas
Ownership

1. 700-2
Hope we keep electricity on next few days.

• Wow
Reactions: Caper and Smitty335
L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
You have to have warm Hearts! 24* for the high today! HA!
That must be the secret!!

I came up from the shop a few minutes ago and the heat was off. Since I'm the creator it tries to make me happy and warm. Temp are up to 16F...snow still crunches when you walk on it and it still feels cold out there but it's warm inside, the lights are on and I made progress on my van...now for dinner.

• Love
Reactions: Caper and Smitty335
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Hope we keep electricity on next few days.
View attachment 372197
If your in the .5 area, I hope the power companies have kept the right of ways trimmed back. If you have a generator, go get fuel now! Back in the recession we had a bad one, had/have a generator, I didn't think we would lose power, we did, waited a couple hours for the power to come back on waited, it didn't. I loaded up and went to town to find a station that had operating gas pumps, it was total chaos, I got pissed from looking at the fools and how they were reacting, I turned around and came home, drained my tractor, tiller, weed eaters and chainsaws of gas. Had enough gas to run a couple days, then went back to town after the fools had gone home. We were without power for 5.5 days. Burned both fire places, ran the generator for a furnace, the refrigerator, freezer and a few lights. Funny thing was after five days my wife says to me, I haven't watched TV in five days, I reluctantly told her we could run it off the generator, she was so happy, she didn't put two and two together and realize she` could have been watching TV for five days. :rolleyes: Hillbilly's can survive!

Last edited:
  • Love
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
That must be the secret!!

I came up from the shop a few minutes ago and the heat was off. Since I'm the creator it tries to make me happy and warm. Temp are up to 16F...snow still crunches when you walk on it and it still feels cold out there but it's warm inside, the lights are on and I made progress on my van...now for dinner.
Were at 20*, your not much colder than we are?

• Love
L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
If your in the .5 area, I hope the power companies have kept the right of ways trimmed back. If you have a generator, go get fuel now! Back in the recession we had a bad one, had/have a generator, I didn't think we would lose power, we did, waited a couple hours for the power to come back on waited a couple hours for the power to come back on, it didn't. I loaded up and went to town to find a station that had operating gas pumps, it was total chaos, I got pissed from looking at the fools and how they were reacting, I turned around and came home, drained my tractor, tiller, weed eaters and chainsaws of gas. Had enough gas to run a couple days, then went back to town after the fools had gone home. We were without power for 5.5 days. Burned both fire places, ran the generator for a furnace, the refrigerator, freezer and a few lights. Funny thing was after five days my wife says to me, I haven't watched TV in five days, I reluctantly told her we could run it off the generator, she was so happy, she didn't put two and two together and realize she` could have been watching TV for five days. :rolleyes: Hillbilly's can survive!
I have old work generators which are gasoline and the rest are propane...I even plumbed grills and smokers for propane. I checked on the way up to the house and I have 93% of 800 gallons so I'm good for a week or two.

• Love
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!