Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I’d take the winter storm warning.
Good luck
Caper
I just looked at the weather, no high winds expected, good thing or we would have toppled trees every where from the saturated ground. Going to the cabin could be interesting next time we go after the 10" of wet snow. I expect to have some trees down.

• Love
  • Sad
Reactions: SWB and Caper
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I just looked at the weather, no high winds expected, good thing or we would have toppled trees every where from the saturated ground. Going to the cabin could be interesting next time we go after the 10" of wet snow. I expect to have some trees down.
Well so much for the weather people forecast, about 9:00 Pm the wind started blowing 25 MPH with gusts higher. I expected it to look like a war zone this morning, no trees lost and still had power.

• Love
Reactions: NTCPrezJB and Caper
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Well so much for the weather people forecast, about 9:00 Pm the wind started blowing 25 MPH with gusts higher. I expected it to look like a war zone this morning, no trees lost and still had power.
Well this morning started out dark and early, left the house at 5:00 AM to be at a customers home by 6:00 AM, really nice couple. Continued to the office after that, 7:00 AM, then to the cabin to clean up the 1.5 mile drive way with my Dad after the snow / ice storm, so the company that installed the carport / pavilion could come back and anchor it properly, pulled in crossed the mighty White River about 10 miles from where it starts, an thought wow this is probably a waisted trip. We went up the first incline and turned the corner, Holy Smokes, trees down every few feet, anyways 3 hours later made it to the cabin. What was strange the higher we went the fewer trees that we had to deal with. I'm thinking it was colder up high and the wet snow turned to dry snow? I'm tired.

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Well this morning started out dark and early, left the house at 5:00 AM to be at a customers home by 6:00 AM, really nice couple. Continued to the office after that, 7:00 AM, then to the cabin to clean up the 1.5 mile drive way with my Dad after the snow / ice storm, so the company that installed the carport / pavilion could come back and anchor it properly, pulled in crossed the mighty White River about 10 miles from where it starts, an thought wow this is probably a waisted trip. We went up the first incline and turned the corner, Holy Smokes, trees down every few feet, anyways 3 hours later made it to the cabin. What was strange the higher we went the fewer trees that we had to deal with. I'm thinking it was colder up high and the wet snow turned to dry snow? I'm tired.
We had the trees cut down around the camp. They were breaking and falling every storm. It was getting to be a big pain every time we went down. So now it open and it really helps with the flies too. Neighbor pulled the stumps with his excavator and starting to look good again.
Caper
68AE99DB 8D6B 4061 BA80 1CCBE012FD45

Reactions: SWB and Smitty335
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
We had the trees cut down around the camp. They were breaking and falling every storm. It was getting to be a big pain every time we went down. So now it open and it really helps with the flies too. Neighbor pulled the stumps with his excavator and starting to look good again.
Caper View attachment 373734
What a door! You had issues in the past?

Reactions: Caper
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
What a door! You had issues in the past?
I guess you can tell there are idiots everywhere. Before we had the trees cut, it was pretty secluded. So people could be dropped off and nobody would know they are there. We had some idiots try and break in but couldn’t get through the door or windows. I went down and met a young RCMP that came to look. I told him, these guys got balls. He said what do you mean. I said, look where we’re at, it’s just another shot in the dark here. He said what do you mean, nobody would call the police? I said take your gun out and shoot them all, I guarantee nobody will call. And I said there are places a mile from here, they will never be found. He asked if I had a gun with me, I said no but of course I did. 😊
Nothing I hate worse than anything is a thief. Now we have cameras on front and most people keep an eye on it. But I still always take my shotgun with 3” number 2. 😊
Oh and the bar has carbon weld all around so make it difficult to cut.
I make it a point when I’m down and someone is driving by, that they see me.
Caper

Reactions: Smitty335 and SWB
advertisement
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Great, I haven't got my yard cleaned up from the snow and the last high wind event.
40 mph winds I’ll take, we’re going to get a foot of snow in the next 12 hours. I’ll trade you. 😊
Snowing hard, just shoveled the deck and went to the garage to shovel around the door. Put a log on the fire, and already 2 more inches on the deck. Damn
Caper

• Love
Reactions: Smitty335 and SWB
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
40 mph winds I’ll take, we’re going to get a foot of snow in the next 12 hours. I’ll trade you. 😊
Snowing hard, just shoveled the deck and went to the garage to shovel around the door. Put a log on the fire, and already 2 more inches on the deck. Damn
Caper
Suck it up ole man! HA!

• Haha
Reactions: Caper
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Same old same old tonight, load the fire place up with wood, take my ole pup out for his nightly pee, get up at 4:00 for his morning pee, he's killing me. We spend over $ 100.00 a month to keep him alive, he got congestive heart failure. I love this pup!

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Same old same old tonight, load the fire place up with wood, take my ole pup out for his nightly pee, get up at 4:00 for his morning pee, he's killing me. We spend over $ 100.00 a month to keep him alive, he got congestive heart failure. I love this pup!
I definitely miss my two Goldens.
Like family, but love you all the time.
Caper

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!