Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
We we may have got off lucky last night, son that lives with us texted and said his fan got hit by the tree lightning 100 feet from our house while we were out for breakfast and said we had no hot water. Found the lighting strike had tripped the GFI. Round 2 tonight.

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: NTCPrezJB and Caper
L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
We we may have got off lucky last night, son that lives with us texted and said his fan got hit by the tree lightning 100 feet from our house while we were out for breakfast and said we had no hot water. Found the lighting strike had tripped the GFI. Round 2 tonight.
SEE! Thunder storms are evil!!!!!

• Haha
Reactions: Caper and Smitty335
L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
I was reminded by the comment I wrote about a trip from Lethbridge to Cutbank, MT. Forecast by Canadian weather guessers was for CAVU all the way to Cutbank so I left fat, dumb and happy thinking about a nice juicy MT beef burger when I landed. About to cross the border and made all appropriate radio calls and I had been fooled by that forecast. About 10 miles into US airspace two thunderstorms popped up, one on each side of my path...evil black things with lightening. I called Flight Service and asked if I could cross back into Canada and explained my situation. NOPE.. gotta file 24 hours in advance. At that point, I was flying a Cessna 185 which is a good "off field" plane so I landed on a ranch road and sat for a couple hours until the evil things passed to the East...got to Cutbank and no burger to be had. Spent the night under the wing in my sleeping bag and fueled up in the morning. Thunderstorms SUCK!!!!!

• Haha
Reactions: Smitty335 and Caper
L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
I was reminded by the comment I wrote about a trip from Lethbridge to Cutbank, MT. Forecast by Canadian weather guessers was for CAVU all the way to Cutbank so I left fat, dumb and happy thinking about a nice juicy MT beef burger when I landed. About to cross the border and made all appropriate radio calls and I had been fooled by that forecast. About 10 miles into US airspace two thunderstorms popped up, one on each side of my path...evil black things with lightening. I called Flight Service and asked if I could cross back into Canada and explained my situation. NOPE.. gotta file 24 hours in advance. At that point, I was flying a Cessna 185 which is a good "off field" plane so I landed on a ranch road and sat for a couple hours until the evil things passed to the East...got to Cutbank and no burger to be had. Spent the night under the wing in my sleeping bag and fueled up in the morning. Thunderstorms SUCK!!!!!
Now I rememeber another thunderstorm story in a boat in the Gulf with my Dad in an alum boat but I'll save that for another day.

• Haha
Reactions: Smitty335 and Caper
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Nice rig!! I'm holding my Canadian Dollars for better times...hope I live to see it!!
He can take his Kabota tractor with a cab, easily, and it fits his new mill. Awesome
Caper
A0E55C1B EF74 4263 83EB 7E455C0CD236
5E531943 31A8 4776 A174 E2D28EDF2CA6

advertisement
L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
It has a hydraulic loader and he has an extension that will do up to 20’
He’s cutting some big pine that’s over 2’ at the butt. Getting some nice boards.
Caper View attachment 376030
Nice!! We used plastic pipe to separate boards so you don't get rust stains...I guess when you plane they go away or maybe that's barn lumber. We did thousands of BF of red oak in a different life. When I was kid in FL we did a fiar amount of cypress and it all went to bed frames. Can't make perfume to smell like fresh cut timber.

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Nice!! We used plastic pipe to separate boards so you don't get rust stains...I guess when you plane they go away or maybe that's barn lumber. We did thousands of BF of red oak in a different life. When I was kid in FL we did a fiar amount of cypress and it all went to bed frames. Can't make perfume to smell like fresh cut timber.
Yeah it’s all ruff cut, so he’ll be planing it. He has a nice planer too. Retired RCMP. You know those guys. 😂
Caper

• Haha
Reactions: SWB and Smitty335
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!