Weather Talk

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
wife gas got two certs history and special ed, she teaches kids that cant make in normal school for whatever reason, social or legal issues.
15 years she is a patient person too i guess you have to be
I could have been a teacher when I was growing up. They got away with everything. I had nuns in there too. One was way over 300 lbs. In grade 9. She hit the only black guy in my class with a dirty chalk brush right on the top of his head. In the 70’s his Afro was it. He stood up face to face , I thought she’ll kill you, he sat right back down. Crazy back then.
My grade 8 teacher had his Golden Gloves in boxing. He picked one kid, he pushed his buttons, up off the ground, against the wall in the class room. Holding him by the neck, and put his hand through the wall beside his head. That hole was behind a picture for 20 years. At least. :) I grew up in Halifax ‘s north end. A little ruff. :)
That’s why my kids grew up in Bedford. :)
Caper

Mopower58

Mopower58

CST is the Best!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Times have changed a lot since I was in school too, down here in the hot south we did not have air conditioning. I was left handed and can remember my sweaty fore arm sticking to the paper. We had teachers that would snatch you up and tear your butt up if you misbehaved. Nowadays In America you can't do that without the parent's permission. Normally it's the parent's fault that the students act up. I always knew better when I was in school.

Mopower58

Mopower58

CST is the Best!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Caper's type of alligator!
IMG 0735

Mopower58

Mopower58

CST is the Best!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Nice. You have to love gardening. It’s a lot of work. Much props to your wife. :)
Thanks,I can assure you it's not me. She amazes me because she does it for work then comes home and plays in the dirt. If she digs up a worm though she is all about the fishing!

Reactions: Caper and Mudwing
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Times have changed a lot since I was in school too, down here in the hot south we did not have air conditioning. I was left handed and can remember my sweaty fore arm sticking to the paper. We had teachers that would snatch you up and tear your butt up if you misbehaved. Nowadays In America you can't do that without the parent's permission. Normally it's the parent's fault that the students act up. I always knew better when I was in school.
Haha. Those were the days. :)
I grew up second boy of eight kids. 7 boys 1 girl. She’s second youngest. If I did something at school, and got the strap, got a few, I’d get it worse when I got home. Until I turned 14. Haha. Was good for my younger brothers too. :)
My kids wouldn’t know what it was like to be hit, especially by their parents. Or talked down to. And amazingly, they turned out great kids. I guess in the 60’s and 70’s things were very different.
Other friends of my kids , in the neighbourhood got harnessed by other kids. Haha. I think they were scared of me. Not my kids. Haha. I got no problem with that. :)
With everything my wife puts up with from year to year, she would never even think of even yelling at a kid. Shut-up was a bad word in our house. :)
But like you say. The parents are a big part.
Caper

advertisement
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
@Smitty335, I was talking to a young guy today, from Bell, got me to switch carriers. He said he had some Polaris XR something 1000. Crazy fast he said. Anyway, he said last year he was out , screwing around, and he flipped it, he said nothing on the bike, but he didn’t have his seat belt on, and went through the half windshield. Broke his leg, arm, nerve damage in his neck and back that made him blind in one eye and barely see out the other. He said it took a bit but he’s fine now. Made me think of Andy.
:)
Caper
Andy can see a little now. Thanks!

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Hi Monte. How’s it going. Still in Ark. Do you have all your yard work done. That’s like the bike. It never ends. :)
Caper
I hit Arkansas for four days to do the Wolf Pen Gap group ride, which was very very cool, I recommend you check out the thread in the regional forums, last two or three pages for the pics!!!

Back at the ranch in Oklahoma for the night to drop off the toy hauler, check the cows, pick up a small trailer and back to Hot Springs in the morning till Thursday. Then off to Dalhart Texas to pick up the dozer I just bought and on to NM to do some serious work on the new land.

Reactions: Mudwing and Caper
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Yes it is, thank you I will try to remember and get a picture of it when they are in bloom. She is constantly changing plants around and me being ignorant on plants makes it hard to keep up so I usually don't even try.
I love plants and landscaping. Most Hostas I’ve found have white flowers, but a couple years ago I found a couple with a pinkish/red bloom, very cool. You’ll have to tell mama we’ve been bragging on her work!! :cool:

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!