Weather Talk

BamaBoundSteve

BamaBoundSteve

Lifetime Member
Mar 13, 2015
S.E. Alabama
Weather change to nice fall weather today. Just like flipping a switch.
Not gonna lie, since moving to the south, from New Jersey, I don’t miss the ice storms and the multiple feets of snow. However, last year when the stores started rolling out Christmas decorations, at the end of October, and, it was still 92* out it was a little weird.
We are about to be in the 70’s during the day and 50’s at night...I’ll Take It!!!!!

Last edited:
BamaBoundSteve

BamaBoundSteve

Lifetime Member
Mar 13, 2015
S.E. Alabama
I guess we’re looking down the gun barrel of hurricane Teddy. He’s out in the Atlantic right now, but all the models show he’s going to come right at us because the high that’s above us will split and bring him right at us. Hopefully they are wrong. Haha
Dorian wasn’t too bad. Trees down, but not bad. Fingers crossed.
Supposed to be here Tuesday.
Trees still have all their leaves.
Caper
Super Storm Sandy hit us when we lived in NewJersey. Then, we move south and Hurricane Michael’s Eye passed about 12 miles Southeast of us, and now Sally. I’ve had enough.
Good Luck to ya, Casper!

Last edited:
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Super Storm Sandy hit us when we lived in NewJersey. Then, we move south and Hurricane Michael’s Eye passed about 12 miles Southeast of us, and now Sally. Ive has enough.
Good Luck to ya, Caspe!
The news is saying now it will be a cat 2 when it hits us. Just great. It won’t be good for the trails next weekend at the camp. I’ll go get some gas for the generator today.
Hopefully won’t need it. Haha
Caper

R

rickoshea

i'm down on the coast at my townhouse till monday.it's super humid,hot and smokey.i can't wait to get the hell out of here and get back up to the lake where it's cool and clear.the longer i'm here the more i hate it.i really don't miss living in the city.time to sell.

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Hope everything works out Caper. We are 57 here this morning. going be a nice weekend.
Hopefully just another storm.
We get big Nor’ Easter’s up here in the late fall and winter.
A little bigger than that, maybe.
But they don’t like our cold water. We’ll see what happens Tuesday.
Haha
Caper

Reactions: Mudwing
SWB

SWB

Apr 22, 2019
South Central Arkansas
Ownership

1. 700-2
58 here this morning. This coming weekend is bow season opener. They were calling for lows around 60. Now, there is a tropical storm in gulf supposed to slowly work this way and push in some moisture around Thursday. That is going usher in some warmer temps as far as lows. Calling for 65 or so for this coming weekend lows. But, still a ways to go. So we will see.

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
58 here this morning. This coming weekend is bow season opener. They were calling for lows around 60. Now, there is a tropical storm in gulf supposed to slowly work this way and push in some moisture around Thursday. That is going usher in some warmer temps as far as lows. Calling for 65 or so for this coming weekend lows. But, still a ways to go. So we will see.

I see that on the news about the storm coming for you.
You’d like the temp here this morning for now season. I’m sure there is a lot of hunters hitting their mark today up here this morning. Frost on the ground.
Caper

Reactions: Mudwing and SWB
BamaBoundSteve

BamaBoundSteve

Lifetime Member
Mar 13, 2015
S.E. Alabama
Haha , I’ll still have shorts on today.
It’s only cold, if you think it’s cold.
😊
Caper
Last winter, it was 40* one morning. I started washing my truck and I was wearing shorts. My neighbor was heading off to work and just slowed down and shook his head. Later that day, he was talking with me and noted anything below 56* , for him, was way too cold to be washing a vehicle. 😁😁😁. He’s never lived in a cold climate.

Reactions: Mudwing and Caper
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Last winter, it was 40* one morning. I started washing my truck and I was wearing shorts. My neighbor was heading off to work and just slowed down and shook his head. Later that day, he was talking with me and noted anything below 56* , for him, was way too cold to be washing a vehicle. 😁😁😁. He’s never lived in a cold climate.
Yeah, he wouldn’t be good up here. Haha. I walk the dog every morning with an older neighbor. She shakes her head every morning lately.
I’m going to wear shorts until at least October. Maybe November.
But probably October. Haha
🥶🥶🥶🥶
Caper

SWB

SWB

Apr 22, 2019
South Central Arkansas
Ownership

1. 700-2

SWB

SWB

Apr 22, 2019
South Central Arkansas
Ownership

1. 700-2
Here is what weather service thinking as of now. We are suppose to get a good rain. I really don't want see it. But, do not have a choice in matter. Looks like we are going get hit around same time as Caper.

Tropical Storm Beta is forecast to continue moving WNW toward the central Texas Coast, making landfall sometime late Monday or early Monday night. The remnants are then forecast to track to the northeast, with associated rainfall affecting Arkansas Tuesday and Wednesday with several inches of rain possible.
Hide Caption

Wallace

Wallace

Well that didn't go as planned
Lifetime Member
Jun 28, 2017
Lonoke Arkansas
Ownership

1. 500
Better take a Thermo Cell or some Deep Woods Off. LOL

Reactions: Caper and Mudwing

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!