P500 What did you do to/with your Pioneer 500 today?

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
View attachment 22933 Without the Machine and it's Superwinch this thing would have been a booger to drag up the 10' high bank we had to drag him to. In Arkansas we have to catch him with a hand snare before we can dispatch them. We stalked this boy for 6 hours before we were able to snare him. In all it was a 10 hour hunt until we got him to bank. He was 12'3" and about 750lbs.
s*** ct, did this happen here???

Last edited:
Alan aka Davinci

Alan aka Davinci

Mr. Meme Master
Lifetime Member
Apr 25, 2015
Grand Junction, CO
Ownership

1. 500
View attachment 22933 Without the Machine and it's Superwinch this thing would have been a booger to drag up the 10' high bank we had to drag him to. In Arkansas we have to catch him with a hand snare before we can dispatch them. We stalked this boy for 6 hours before we were able to snare him. In all it was a 10 hour hunt until we got him to bank. He was 12'3" and about 750lbs.
Reminds me of a University of Florida football player.

cthack

cthack

Aug 17, 2015
Texarkana, Arkansas
s*** ct, did this happen here???
Yes Monte. I have been hunting these things for about 8 years. About a year after Arkansas opened a season on them. It is a draw only hunt limited to residents only. I hunt on private land about 12 miles north of Texarkana on a lake less than a mile from the Red River. It is quite an adrenaline fix.

Reactions: Dp5hunter
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Yes Monte. I have been hunting these things for about 8 years. About a year after Arkansas opened a season on them. It is a draw only hunt limited to residents only. I hunt on private land about 12 miles north of Texarkana on a lake less than a mile from the Red River. It is quite an adrenaline fix.
Wow, I just had no idea that they were here! Don't know that I'm going to tell mama about that.

Reactions: sxsinks
J

Jshell3

View attachment 22933He was 12'3" and about 750lbs.
12'3" is very big! That's impressive.
We do a bit of gator hunting here in Mississippi. We got a 11'6" this year. Caught several more... I've got video of us releasing a couple more on my Instagram.
Deep Sea Rod and Reel and weighted treble hook... get a couple of those in him, then snare.
Public permit lottery draw. The state rec here is 13'8" 690#'s.

So that's a huge gator you got there.

Heres 800#'s. Not the length record but heavier than the current record. (Just not longer) This dinosaur caught couple years ago in Holly Bluff.

We have lots of Asian Carp (the kind that jump in your boat...) I hate them, but the gators eat good.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Dp5hunter and JTW
cthack

cthack

Aug 17, 2015
Texarkana, Arkansas
12'3" is very big! That's impressive.
We do a bit of gator hunting here in Mississippi. We got a 11'6" this year. Caught several more... I've got video of us releasing a couple more on my Instagram.
Deep Sea Rod and Reel and weighted treble hook... get a couple of those in him, then snare.
Public permit lottery draw. The state rec here is 13'8" 690#'s.

So that's a huge gator you got there.

Heres 800#'s. Not the length record but heavier than the current record. (Just not longer) This dinosaur caught couple years ago in Holly Bluff.

We have lots of Asian Carp (the kind that jump in your boat...) I hate them, but the gators eat good.
They put in weird rules on us. Our state record so far is 13'10", I think it weighed around 1270 lbs. It was caught also here in southwest Arkansas. We have to stalk and snare or harpoon then snare before we can dispatch them. It makes it quite up close and personal. The first year I went we got a 12'11". But the biggest fight was with an 11'9", he was a brute. I do construction projects for several duck clubs around here and this place is on one of the clubs. I built a blind in the middle of this lake several years ago and everyone was afraid to hunt it because of the alligators in it. Some had followed their dogs, they also had to wade to the blind. The owners want the big ones out, unfortunately game and fish will only allow us to take 4% of the gators over 4'. They issued 4 permits for two lakes on this property. This particular lake is 100 acres. Game and fish said there were 50 gators over 4' on this lake alone. So basically I am saving puppy dogs, not killing gators!

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
They put in weird rules on us. Our state record so far is 13'10", I think it weighed around 1270 lbs. It was caught also here in southwest Arkansas. We have to stalk and snare or harpoon then snare before we can dispatch them. It makes it quite up close and personal. The first year I went we got a 12'11". But the biggest fight was with an 11'9", he was a brute. I do construction projects for several duck clubs around here and this place is on one of the clubs. I built a blind in the middle of this lake several years ago and everyone was afraid to hunt it because of the alligators in it. Some had followed their dogs, they also had to wade to the blind. The owners want the big ones out, unfortunately game and fish will only allow us to take 4% of the gators over 4'. They issued 4 permits for two lakes on this property. This particular lake is 100 acres. Game and fish said there were 50 gators over 4' on this lake alone. So basically I am saving puppy dogs, not killing gators!
Do they extend towards Hot Springs???

locoboilerguy

locoboilerguy

Lifetime Member
Jun 16, 2016
Western Colorado
Ownership

1. 500
Morning view The last three days I have been working on the money pit in Silverton. Its being done for my P5 so we can ride pretty much everyday when we relocate. This was my view Sunday out my north facing window at 7am (19 degrees). Have not installed the heat yet so its just a non air tight wood stove right now. Rained all day Friday and Saturday but the fall colors are nice.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
View attachment 22972 The last three days I have been working on the money pit in Silverton. Its being done for my P5 so we can ride pretty much everyday when we relocate. This was my view Sunday out my north facing window at 7am (19 degrees). Have not installed the heat yet so its just a non air tight wood stove right now. Rained all day Friday and Saturday but the fall colors are nice.
Beautiful!

cthack

cthack

Aug 17, 2015
Texarkana, Arkansas
Do they extend towards Hot Springs???
Not normally. There was a small one in Lake Hamilton a few years ago. I think someone released it there. I believe Game and Fish captured and relocated it. We do have one in a slough at my deer lease due east of Hot Springs at Arkadelphia.

advertisement
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Not normally. There was a small one in Lake Hamilton a few years ago. I think someone released it there. I believe Game and Fish captured and relocated it. We do have one in a slough at my deer lease due east of Hot Springs at Arkadelphia.
Oh jeez, guess I'm going to keep my eyes open for that now.

J

Jshell3

270 cal, and gators sink. Just sayin.

rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
HOLY s***

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Doing fifth oil change and thorough cleaning today.

rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500

Where does a Gator go.
where every the hell.....
he wants

cthack

cthack

Aug 17, 2015
Texarkana, Arkansas
We did some work at camp today. Pulled 30' poles through 2 miles of mud. The machine with the pole attached is my nephew's. He rode in mine a couple of times and went and bought him one. He purchased a new 2015 model with roof and 26" tires and fancy wheels for $2600.00 less than I paid for mine last summer. Good deal on them in Searcy AR right now.

solrus

solrus

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well I've decided not to wait to 120 degree pipe and did some improvisation and placed detachable car muffler on my P500 and next day - today , we went for a test ride and some if happens hunting adventures. I found very steep trail as for me I'm sure it was 45% at the start and a bit more at the end I was worries to flip P500 on its butt :), later saw moose mommy with 2 babies :), and from sunny 70F day drove into 52F with hail closer to the evening, what can I say no weather prediction in Montana works for me.

Few videos:

1 - New plastic fenders testing in slow and faster mode

2 - This part of the trail was not so steep but narrow for my wife to go with me so she agreed to film it

3. And this was a bit scary climb , which we did together so no video , but we filmed a descent and I purposefully did not use breaks to test engine braking to the max capacity

IMG 20161001 105535844 IMG 20161001 123539191 IMG 20161001 123717994 IMG 20161001 152016044 HDR IMG 20161001 154404435 HDR

advertisement