P500 What did you do to/with your Pioneer 500 today?

J

Jshell3

I cut down a 30 foot or so tall pine today to drop across a road that I wanted to block while being gone for a couple weeks and it started to fall the opisite direction that I wanted it to. So I stopped cutting through and got the P5 and hooked my winch to it, backed up what I considered to be a safe distance and pulled it over, but about 5 feet of the top branches of the pine slammed on top of the roof of the P5! Though I had to cut the branches off the P5 to get out from under it, no damage at all was sustained to the roof (or anything else for that matter) such is the thickness and durability of the Honda roof.
Good. Because I bought the Honda roof today... and was trying to come to terms w spending the money..;)

Reactions: rocmar
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Good. Because I bought the Honda roof today... and was trying to come to terms w spending the money..;)
I hear you brother, I thought the same thing when I bought mine, but they are so thick, I bit the bullet and did it and it's been through hell besides what I posted above. I promise that you'll not be disappointed J!!!

Reactions: Jshell3
gatorguy

gatorguy

May 15, 2015
Florida
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I would have had a hard time paying for the Honda roof but my dealer included it for free when I purchased my P5. I have been very pleased as well. It is a nice quality item.

J

Jshell3

Blueberry got a roof today...
Tho, I must say, "There's no reason this should cost more than $80."

$350!?!?

Well, I bought one.
So Honda win.

IMG 1883 IMG 1877

gatorguy

gatorguy

May 15, 2015
Florida
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
No, you won, you're now blocked from the sun and at least some rain.
Emphasis on SOME rain lol I had my 5 year old nephew riding with me one time and it started to rain. He said we would be dry because of the roof. Needless to say we got soaked. It probably wouldn't be too bad with a windshield but its too hot for that in FL.

Reactions: Jshell3
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Emphasis on SOME rain lol I had my 5 year old nephew riding with me one time and it started to rain. He said we would be dry because of the roof. Needless to say we got soaked. It probably wouldn't be too bad with a windshield but its too hot for that in FL.
Indeed the emphasis is on "some" and qiute a bit more with the windshield that can be removed and reinstalled in moments.

Last edited:
Alan aka Davinci

Alan aka Davinci

Mr. Meme Master
Lifetime Member
Apr 25, 2015
Grand Junction, CO
Ownership

1. 500
Reactions: Montecresto
pFive

pFive

May 3, 2016
Greenwood IN
Ownership

1. 500
I put a race mirror in, one of those segmented ones. I mounted it from the moose roof. It is as wide as the inside of the cage and lets me see everything behind me, I highly recommend one!

Reactions: Montecresto
advertisement
rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
As big of area
that's open on the sides
of the p5...I feel a windsheild
has more pros....than cons

rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Yeah, I haven't ridden in a month. Too busy, weekends are spent on the addition.
Septic installed, gotta like that!
HaHa
my buddy does
septic tanks...
I helped him before
...s***ty job....
he was doing something
with old septic tank...hanging
down in there..had his coat
by the edge...& it fell in...
he yelled..dude get that
pole...I did..took it to
him...I said leave it dude
its covered in s***....
he said " I don't want the
damn coat...I got a ....
sandwich in the pocket
....true story...
yes he ate sandwich
NASTY

Akfishbum

Akfishbum

Jul 9, 2015
Alaska
Ownership

1. 500

August 2016
August 2015

Getting ready for winter, -1 Celsius today and little snow fell this morning.
View attachment 22388

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lol I hope we get snow this year...last two years have been horrible with almost no snow, but we did get snowed on last year the on August 31st in moose camp.....this year it was 70 degrees.

cthack

cthack

Aug 17, 2015
Texarkana, Arkansas
Without the Machine and it's Superwinch this thing would have been a booger to drag up the 10' high bank we had to drag him to. In Arkansas we have to catch him with a hand snare before we can dispatch them. We stalked this boy for 6 hours before we were able to snare him. In all it was a 10 hour hunt until we got him to bank. He was 12'3" and about 750lbs.

advertisement