P700 What is A-Arm Angle Setting

Deluxe700

Deluxe700

Lifetime Member
Jul 2, 2017
Central Arkansas
Ownership

1. 700-2
A guy I know replaced his front A-Arm bushings on his Pioneer 700 and said he had to check his front a-arm "Angle Setting". He said the rear is the same way. Otherwise it could "bind" and "pop" or cause premature wear. He said it is even talked about in the Honda Shop Manual. Something about measuring from the A-Arm mount to the shock mount...or something like that..
Anybody ever heard of this, and could you explain it....

lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
The P700 uses rubber bushings to mount the A arms.
There is a metal bush in the center that dose not rotate when the bolt is torqued.
The rubber will flex as the arm moves up or down.

The service manual has you set the arms at mid stroke when torquing the bolts.
That way the rubber will flex an equal amount as the suspension strokes up and down.
If not set up correctly the bushing may slip in the frame or the rubber may tear up.

Deluxe700

Deluxe700

Lifetime Member
Jul 2, 2017
Central Arkansas
Ownership

1. 700-2
Thanks....That makes sense..I was curious as to what he was talking about...I appreciate it :)

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!