P1000 What kind of trailer do you use to transport your P1k and what do you pull it with?

Eslinger_18

Eslinger_18

Wake up and piss excellence!
Supporting Member
Aug 28, 2018
Mt. Angel, OR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Nice like the ‘16 F350!

What exhaust you running, tuner?
Thank you!! Just got new wheels on her a few weeks ago too.
EZ Link tuner, s&b cold air intake, flo pro EGR delete, and 4" flo pro exhaust from the down pipe back.

Reactions: BWAF
Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
EZ Link tuner, s&b cold air intake, flo pro EGR delete, and 4" flo pro exhaust from the down pipe back.

How’s the drone towing heavy? Is there any?
I only have 15 k miles on my 16 F350 just like yours ( down to the color)..can’t bring my self to mod it yet.

Eslinger_18

Eslinger_18

Wake up and piss excellence!
Supporting Member
Aug 28, 2018
Mt. Angel, OR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I only have 15 k miles on my 16 F350 just like yours ( down to the color)..can’t bring my self to mod it yet.
I am very happy with the mods. Easy enough to do yourself too. Helps to have a friend with small hands to get the bolts from the backside of the egr though. Gave me much better throttle response and fuel mileage. I bought my whole setupas a kit from dieselpowerproducts.com.

SuperDutyJohn

SuperDutyJohn

Aug 20, 2018
Vero Beach, FL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Well...the Chevy will last at least 20 years so looks like you're stuck with 'er a while! Just kidding. You're right. The only thing worse than owning a Chevy is owning a Polaris. I'll take that POS Chevy off your hands for a couple thousand.
I paid over $70....
New Super Duty in the same configuration was more...and aluminum body! Oh well, I'll keep it for two or three years and get another!

Dezrik

Dezrik

Follow me for adventure!
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2018
MOAB, Utahhhhhhhh
Ownership

1. 1000-5
This is how I roll, Ive taken this thing a lot of places like this :) 2006 Jeep Liberty CRD & Homemade (Camp Trailer Frame with a 2500lb axleish :))
35891940 1809905995756034 4107377564190769152 n

SuperDutyJohn

SuperDutyJohn

Aug 20, 2018
Vero Beach, FL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I have two 2016 eco boost powered F-150's and hate them too! The loaded one stalls with any humidity and Ford can't explain why...even with video to show them it stalls!, no code when I get there after having the vehicle go to idle on the highway at 80 mph and no throttle response, have to shut it off and start up again, kind of a problem if you're in heavy traffic about to be killed! Their (Ford) solution was to keep it till it happened to their guys running parts and record the data with them there! Yeah, sure, lets let you keep it for moths till it shows up infrequently again. It happened 13 times to us over a year and then stopped. It's doing it again, I'm trading it away now, F them! The basic work one (smaller eco boost 2. something engine) works but still, I'm done with the eco boost.

J

JTW

I have two 2016 eco boost powered F-150's and hate them too! The loaded one stalls with any humidity and Ford can't explain why...even with video to show them it stalls!, no code when I get there after having the vehicle go to idle on the highway at 80 mph and no throttle response, have to shut it off and start up again, kind of a problem if you're in heavy traffic about to be killed! Their (Ford) solution was to keep it till it happened to their guys running parts and record the data with them there! Yeah, sure, lets let you keep it for moths till it shows up infrequently again. It happened 13 times to us over a year and then stopped. It's doing it again, I'm trading it away now, F them! The basic work one (smaller eco boost 2. something engine) works but still, I'm done with the eco boost.
Well that sucks.. love my 3.5 eb!!

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Wife's Explorer is a tuned 3.5EB, wide band MAP, cold air intake, TB Spacer, lower TStat, runs and tows GREAT. Hard to get the turbos to spool for a good takeoff but if you do its a sub 5sec 0-60. It would fall on its face with the factory MAP sensor if I put my foot in it while rolling stock. No idea what sensor the truck version has in it I think they are basically the same but detuned some in the Explorer for half shaft reliability. I have a 87 Tow tune in it and I get 18-20 pulling Pioneer from AL to Northern TN at 70, stock its around 12. If I lose the trailer and put the 87 Performance or Eco tune in I reg get 20-22 around town where as stock its around 16-18 around town. It has been good for 40k so far. We have another 4yrs and 110k on the warranty. I don't hammer on it just because its there but the extra power is great for towing or when you need to MOVE. We had one recall on a rear inflatable seatbelt wiring harness and Ford was great to deal with customer service wise so I am a fan there. I had a $50k Chevy that seemed like it had a recall a week and issues from day 1 and they always wanted to give me a Chevy Spark as my loaner, had to set them straight PDQ.

Our company trucks are all 3.5EB and the guys love them, we have the large Transit vans with the 3.5EB and the 3.2D and while sluggish because they are LOADED with heavy tools and material they are the preferred heavy service vehicle, we have Transit Connect with the 2.5NA too and everyone that has one hates it because it can't get out of its own way when its empty. We've had the Escape for some of the technical service and project management fleet originally they were the hybrid but the maintenance and FUEL cost was higher than the gas only version, so the new ones are all the 1.5EB and are ok but slow to get going.

Company Car is a 1.5EB Fusion, near my last choice but its FREE... I am worried that its not going to last 70k because you have to rev it out to get it merging. We will see they bought more than seven thousand of them in March.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That's impressive! Not unbelievable but hard to believe. But if you say so...who am I to argue!
Theres a sweet spot for economy with the 87 Tow tune at about 68-70 any slower and the power is not there to keep it rolling in 6th, and it drops down to 5th and revs up. Any faster and wind resistance brings it down. Its annoying because I like to run about 75-77 and I am near 10mph slower and on a 5-6hr trip that it @45 extra mins. The 89-93 tow tunes give more power but same fuel mileage so no point.

0860silverado

Lifetime Member
May 25, 2017
louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I'd really like to find an old reliable (cheap) 7.3 and have that as a tow pig/ work truck. I should have bought Kilos
Good luck! The secret has been out long ago on those. They're all scooped up. A friend of mine has one for a lawn service rig and he runs used cooking oil for fuel. His exhaust smells like popcorn! No joke! He starts it on diesel and when warmed up he switches to his oil tank. Goes around all our local restaurants and "disposes" of their used cooking oil for free!!!

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I have a 15 super duty and I love it. I deleted it when I bought it with 35k miles on it. Best thing I ever did. I just hate the idea of running all that exhaust soot through the motor. I put the s&b intake as well and have an edge cts2 monitor. The response and power is incredible.

Btw Eslinger have you tested top speed after delete? I no longer have a governor and tried it. I passed 100mph like it was 50 kept my foot to the floor another 10 sec and it was still pushing me back in my seat.... I'm sure I was at least to 120 and decided I didn't need to find top speed that bad on a 9000lb truck when the wife was with me.....

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!