P1000 Winch power with dual battery set up

P

Pointinglab23

Feb 27, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I am installing a secondary battery with the True battery isolator. I already have a winch, my question is should I leave my winch power on the starting battery or move it to the secondary battery?

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I am installing a secondary battery with the True battery isolator. I already have a winch, my question is should I leave my winch power on the starting battery or move it to the secondary battery?
Second battery. If you can, leave the starting battery alone and use 2nd battery for all accessories 👍

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
And welcome to the club from South FL!!

U know what they say........Pics or it didn't happen!!

#NTC

Reactions: Lady01 and TripleB
Jensenj71

Jensenj71

Lifetime Member
Nov 21, 2018
Meridian, Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Moving the winch to the 2nd battery prevents the winch from pulling down the voltage on the primary. These machines have too many electrical parts expecting the appropriate voltage. Transmissions can act funny when you drop the voltage with the winch.

Reactions: Lady01
Lady01

Lady01

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 22, 2019
Midland Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-3

Yes, move to the 2nd battery, that is what I have done also.

2019 P1K 3  38 Honda Pioneer Accessory Switch to Plow Joystick Winch Switch and Winch Remote Dice MODS

Reactions: TripleB

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!