Windrock1000

Windrock1000

Move out of the way! I'm lost?
Lifetime Member
Jun 26, 2016
Windrock, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
How much of that do you think could comfortably become lift with spring load?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Man it's soft right now. I'm going to bring it back up to factory clearance and we will see. Normally you should want half the shock travel for sag. Correct?

Reactions: CumminsPusher
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Man it's soft right now. I'm going to bring it back up to factory clearance and we will see. Normally you should want half the shock travel for sag. Correct?
I'm not sure the exact number I always went by feel on bikes but yes good amount. You want down the stroke a little bit but I figured with all the weight we have on these things they'd be soft, without the lift so I guess I was wondering how much we could add without thelift to try to meet in the middle. I'm not wanting to lose much left but if the rig did perform better and not much height was lost I'd be down. Mine really rides well but it's fun to screw with things so kind of curious what your end numbers are that'll probably help my decision

Last edited:
Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Does anyone know the stock clearance in the front and rear. Pulled the High Lifter and put factory tires back on. Need to set the preload on the Fox Shocks.
Here are some pics after Hl
IMG 5021 IMG 5022 IMG 5023 IMG 5024 IMG 5025

Windrock1000

Windrock1000

Lifetime Member
Jun 26, 2016
Windrock, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm not sure the exact number I always went by feel on bikes but yes good amount. You want down the stroke a little bit but I figured with all the weight we have on these things they'd be soft, without the lift so I guess I was wondering how much we could add without thelift to try to meet in the middle. I'm not wanting to lose much left but if the rig did perform better and not much height was lost I'd be down. Mine really rides well but it's fun to screw with things so kind of curious what your end numbers are that'll probably help my decision

I don't want to lose the lift either. If I can get 1/2 way with shocks I'm done. With the sway bar off mine ists sagging a little to the drivers side. I guess because of the optima under the seat. I'm seating preload with 200#s in the drivers seat.

Last edited:
Windrock1000

Windrock1000

Lifetime Member
Jun 26, 2016
Windrock, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Windrock will the fox shocks work with stock wheels and tires with a HL lift .I have the arched arms on rear installed a arms backordered for front. Plan on ordering shocks tomorrow. Just want to know what to plan on having to do. Also will they work with lift off. Thanks in advance for your help.
Yes it wil clear with factory wheels and tires

Reactions: CumminsPusher
harrelljr99

harrelljr99

Feb 8, 2017
Georgia
@harrelljr99 can you do a similar test with your set up similar to @Windrock1000 fully compressing front shocks to see if contact is made between shock and tire?o_O I do understand that you have larger tires and HL Front A Arms & HL Front 2.5 lift & 30 tires not sure on your rim offset

Thanks for probing the question. After looking at it when I got home today I'll have to flip the adjusters to the inside. The front would be close to contacting the piggyback adjuster and would definitely if the wheel was turned at full compression. The rear upper a arm will hit the piggyback adjuster fully compressed as it is only about 4.5" from touching it now. I'll flip them to the inside.

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Thanks for probing the question. After looking at it when I got home today I'll have to flip the adjusters to the inside. The front would be close to contacting the piggyback adjuster and would definitely if the wheel was turned at full compression. The rear upper a arm will hit the piggyback adjuster fully compressed as it is only about 4.5" from touching it now. I'll flip them to the inside.

Good info! And thanks go to @Windrock1000 for his testing and discovery! We are all learning together!

BIGRACK

BIGRACK

Jan 22, 2016
Dayton Tenn
The shocks will work with the lift off. My problem is my wheel setup. 5+2 offset. 10" wide tires on 7" rims. The HL lift is causing me all kinds of problems with the shock clearance. I think the front clearance is going to get worse when addition of the Superatv front arched arms (when they come in) because everything moves forward but the shock. I am going to swap to factory tires and wheels in the morning. I will keep everyone posted.[/
Yes it wil clear with factory wheels and tires
Thanks Windrock for info on this . Your doing a fine job there.

Windrock1000

Windrock1000

Lifetime Member
Jun 26, 2016
Windrock, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
harrelljr99

harrelljr99

Feb 8, 2017
Georgia
I think the factory specs claim 12" ground clearance, they don't specify for front or rear or if they are different?

After the 2.5" Lift to go with 30" tires and HL a arms I'm at close to 16" ground clearance. Does anyone have close to this clearance that can testify to the difference in the cog does it suffer much loss particularly going up steep hills not so much concerned with high speed cornering.

Windrock1000

Windrock1000

Lifetime Member
Jun 26, 2016
Windrock, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Update on Fox Shocks and High Lifter. I have a High Lifter Bracket Lift for sale! I removed the lift and added preload to the Fox Shocks. No sway bar.

All measurements are from the top of the treads to the top of the adjustment ring. (not the lock ring)
LF- 2 5/8"
RF- 2 1/8"
LR- 1 1/2"
RR- 1"

Shooting for 33% droop. Have 14" of frame clearance Front and Rear on stock tires at 14#'s. Very Happy. It has the firmness of the High Lifter Kit but the travel of the Foxs. I will be about 1/2" lower with my 28" Roctanes than when I had the High Lifter Installed. @CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Update on Fox Shocks and High Lifter. I have a High Lifter Bracket Lift for sale! I removed the lift and added preload to the Fox Shocks. No sway bar.

All measurements are from the top of the treads to the top of the adjustment ring. (not the lock ring)
LF- 2 5/8"
RF- 2 1/8"
LR- 1 1/2"
RR- 1"

Shooting for 33% droop. Have 14" of frame clearance Front and Rear on stock tires at 14#'s. Very Happy. It has the firmness of the High Lifter Kit but the travel of the Foxs. I will be about 1/2" lower with my 28" Roctanes than when I had the High Lifter Installed. @CumminsPusher

1/2 is all. Damn I'm listening lol. So that means about inch of drop for me. You ran both ways and you're that much happier without the lift and springs tighter? Springs are setup for driver only correct?

Reactions: sharp
Windrock1000

Windrock1000

Lifetime Member
Jun 26, 2016
Windrock, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yes the extra 1/2" is for driver weight. I do like it better. It feels a lot different because of the missing sway bar. I'm going to the mountains this weekend for a true test. It has passed the yard test.

It's strange but 1" of adjust gives you a little over 1" lift. 1:1.1 or 1:1.2

1/2 is all. Damn I'm listening lol. So that means about inch of drop for me. You ran both ways and you're that much happier without the lift and springs tighter? Springs are setup for driver only correct?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE

Carleton

Carleton

Nov 28, 2014
Utah
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
520c2dbca934d931a857b3abe5b98296E6827758d84e03fa79f6c080d9e71f1b0bd2662596492c8bcb48720bbcf0c7b63b30fbca500b6418c0d8c353fcc520a48a261d599f5e26d98480bfea20d1d721

I put on my new shocks today and 2.5" HL lift. Not sure how I'll like the lift. Handling wise and steep hill climbing we'll see, if not off it goes. It was easy enough to install. I am excited about the shocks though!

That thing looks mean! Are those 29" tires? Let me know how you like the shocks. I was thinking about doing the HL arms with no lift and running 30's.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Yes the extra 1/2" is for driver weight. I do like it better. It feels a lot different because of the missing sway bar. I'm going to the mountains this weekend for a true test. It has passed the yard test.

It's strange but 1" of adjust gives you a little over 1" lift. 1:1.1 or 1:1.2

That's what I was wondering as far as lift with shocks only. How much stiffer would you say it is? Body roll all that back good? We measured ours last night and I'm 14.5 bottom of skids even with all our weight but I have not adjusted the shocks at all yet

Reactions: Eltobgi and sharp
harrelljr99

harrelljr99

Feb 8, 2017
Georgia
That thing looks mean! Are those 29" tires? Let me know how you like the shocks. I was thinking about doing the HL arms with no lift and running 30's.

30" bighorns. I had the tires on before I put the lift on and didn't rub.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!