Georgia
You are correct. HL a arms and 2.5" HL. No spacer. 14" rims 30" tires

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Eltobgi
BIGRACK

BIGRACK

Jan 22, 2016
Dayton Tenn
Windrock will the fox shocks work with stock wheels and tires with a HL lift .I have the arched arms on rear installed a arms backordered for front. Plan on ordering shocks tomorrow. Just want to know what to plan on having to do. Also will they work with lift off. Thanks in advance for your help.

Windrock1000

Windrock1000

Move out of the way! I'm lost?
Lifetime Member
Jun 26, 2016
Windrock, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Windrock will the fox shocks work with stock wheels and tires with a HL lift .I have the arched arms on rear installed a arms backordered for front. Plan on ordering shocks tomorrow. Just want to know what to plan on having to do. Also will they work with lift off. Thanks in advance for your help.

The shocks will work with the lift off. My problem is my wheel setup. 5+2 offset. 10" wide tires on 7" rims. The HL lift is causing me all kinds of problems with the shock clearance. I think the front clearance is going to get worse when addition of the Superatv front arched arms (when they come in) because everything moves forward but the shock. I am going to swap to factory tires and wheels in the morning. I will keep everyone posted.

J

JTW

The shocks will work with the lift off. My problem is my wheel setup. 5+2 offset. 10" wide tires on 7" rims. The HL lift is causing me all kinds of problems with the shock clearance. I think the front clearance is going to get worse when addition of the Superatv front arched arms (when they come in) because everything moves forward but the shock. I am going to swap to factory tires and wheels in the morning. I will keep everyone posted.
Well I'll buy those old junky ass shocks off ya!!

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
@harrelljr99 can you do a similar test with your set up similar to @Windrock1000 fully compressing front shocks to see if contact is made between shock and tire?o_O I do understand that you have larger tires and HL Front A Arms & HL Front 2.5 lift & 30 tires not sure on your rim offset

advertisement
harrelljr99

harrelljr99

Feb 8, 2017
Georgia
@harrelljr99 can you do a similar test with your set up similar to @Windrock1000 fully compressing front shocks to see if contact is made between shock and tire?o_O I do understand that you have larger tires and HL Front A Arms & HL Front 2.5 lift & 30 tires not sure on your rim offset

I have 14" kore m20 rims. How did he fully compress the shocks?

Reactions: Windrock1000
Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Looks like your rims are 3.5 x 3.5, so a 0 offset! That explains why you were able to mount your rear shock with the reservoir out! It looks like in the picture he has his shocks set to the softest setting and parked at a downward angle with front tire compressing the shock because of the hill! @Windrock1000 ?

Windrock1000

Windrock1000

Move out of the way! I'm lost?
Lifetime Member
Jun 26, 2016
Windrock, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Does anyone know the stock clearance in the front and rear. Pulled the High Lifter and put factory tires back on. Need to set the preload on the Fox Shocks.

Last edited:
Reactions: CumminsPusher
harrelljr99

harrelljr99

Feb 8, 2017
Georgia
I think the factory specs claim 12" ground clearance, they don't specify for front or rear or if they are different?

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Does anyone know the stock clearance in the front and rear. Pulled the High Lifter and put factory trips back on. Need to set the preload on the Fox Shocks.
12.4 is Honda claim. Not sure where that's picked up at.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
@windrock did you by any chance measure the sag?

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
With factory setup and new rear arms the sag is 4.75"

How much of that do you think could comfortably become lift with spring load?

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!