BOX1

P700 Wiring a speaker bar

G

GregF

May 11, 2017
Orlando, FL
Ownership

1. 700-2
Hi, I have recently purchased a Honda Pioneer 700. The bike came with a speaker bar mounted and wired but it is hard wired to the battery. Which means I don't have any way to turn it off with the key unless I take the wire off the battery, or it stays on and the battery dies. Has anybody else done their own wiring for accessories or speakers that can give me some suggestions for wiring it to the key or a switch? I am no electrician but prefer to do it on my own. Any advice or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
Use the hot wire that goes to the 12 accessory plug. It's only hot with key on.Think it's white and black.tou can get to the wires from underhood

Theron

Theron

Sep 30, 2013
Anchorage Alaska
Ownership

1. 700-4
Hi, I have recently purchased a Honda Pioneer 700. The bike came with a speaker bar mounted and wired but it is hard wired to the battery. Which means I don't have any way to turn it off with the key unless I take the wire off the battery, or it stays on and the battery dies. Has anybody else done their own wiring for accessories or speakers that can give me some suggestions for wiring it to the key or a switch? I am no electrician but prefer to do it on my own. Any advice or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

I would/did wire with a fuse box and relay. This way you can add accessories and you don't have all of your power coming from an 18ish gauge wire. The switched power in the pic below is from the ignition or the 12v plug. This is a thin wire 18ish guage, it trips the relay only when the key is on and power flows through to the fuse box via much larger wire. You put your switch between the fuse box and speaker. I have included links for the parts on Amazon so you can see exactly what im talking about. The fuse box I linked has a ground block built in too. Hope this helps.

FuseGroundSeperate relay

Amazon.com: Blue Sea Systems 6 Circuit Blade Fuse Block With Negative Bus 100 Amp Max Per Block 30 Per Circuit: Automotive
Amazon.com: Ehdis Car Truck Relay Socket Harness kit 4 Pin 4 Pre-wired 12V 40 Amp SPST Bosch Style, Waterproof Auto Switches & Starters Set, Pack of 1: Automotive

Last edited:
Reactions: swsebek