Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I paid $8750 OTD here in Lansing, MI today at US27 Motorsports. The sales folks were wonderful. A 2017 red P500, I will enjoy this machine immensely!

Congrats banjo. That's who I bought from, found they will meet or beat anyone's price. They found a green one for me when they were impossible to find. Shipped it from OH and still had the best price. ;)

Reactions: Dp5hunter
B

Blackdawg

Nov 23, 2016
Kentucky Lake, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 500
I am in Tennessee and looking to get a machine, what dealer in Mississippi did you get your machine from, that is a better price than I have found at our high volume dealer here in Tn

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If in TN, try Honda of Chattanooga. Watch out for Honda Powersports in Chattanooga, they tried to make me sign a arbitration agreement and I unloaded the machine and went elsewhere. Honda of Chattanooga | TN PowerSports Dealer - Motorcycles - ATV - UTV - Scooter - Scooter - Generators - Lawn Mowers - Power Equipment

Southern Honda Powersports in Chattanooga is sketchy, like use car salesman slicked back hair and a rolex sketchy.
I attempted to deal with them and I did not walk a ran away from them.

Buford

Buford

May 9, 2016
U.S.A.
Personally, I'll buy wherever I get the best price within a somewhat reasonable distance. If any warranty work is needed, take it to the closest dealer that you are comfortable in having do the work. Dealers can't turn down warranty work, even if they don't like that you bought somewhere else.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Southern Honda Powersports in Chattanooga is sketchy, like use car salesman slicked back hair and a rolex sketchy.
I attempted to deal with them and I did not walk a ran away from them.

We've bought three from them now. The first time the dealer tried to push a lot of crap on me but I let him know where I stand. We went back to the same salesman to buy the next two pioneer 1000's and it was a quick in and out.

I do not have any experience with any other Honda dealership so I cannot say whether or not they're better or worse than anyone else.

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
I've found reading the public reviews on Google maps to be useful for research, .... much better than dealer hosted reviews on their website. Encourage others to post reviews on Google maps to keep em honest, wherever you go.

Reactions: joeymt33
C

cutt69

Apr 18, 2017
US
Good price from were I live

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Dave41

Dave41

Jul 17, 2017
Colorado
Ownership

1. 500
I asked a Colorado dealer to quote me a price......get this: SXS500M2: $9599, freight:$600, Dealer Prep: $295, Doc Fee: $199, Title and registration: $52. Plus tax! Really? Are you guys really getting out the door, with tax, for under $10k? Under $9.5K? I bet you are but just want to throw these numbers out. In 45 years of buying new cars and trucks, I don't think anyone has ever quoted me full price on everything. I was floored. They wanted to charge me $49 for a battery tender too!

banjobart

banjobart

Dec 8, 2015
East Lansing, MI
Ownership

1. 500
I asked a Colorado dealer to quote me a price......get this: SXS500M2: $9599, freight:$600, Dealer Prep: $295, Doc Fee: $199, Title and registration: $52. Plus tax! Really? Are you guys really getting out the door, with tax, for under $10k? Under $9.5K? I bet you are but just want to throw these numbers out. In 45 years of buying new cars and trucks, I don't think anyone has ever quoted me full price on everything. I was floored. They wanted to charge me $49 for a battery tender too!

Check out Fay Meyers in south Denver.

luckymike

luckymike

Lifetime Member
Sep 5, 2016
michigan
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Check out Fay Meyers in south Denver.
Shop it around.find a dealer that sells volume and only makes a couple hundred off each unit.you may have to drive an hour or so to get it if the local guys won't budge.

Reactions: trigger
Dave41

Dave41

Jul 17, 2017
Colorado
Ownership

1. 500
Shop it around.find a dealer that sells volume and only makes a couple hundred off each unit.you may have to drive an hour or so to get it if the local guys won't budge.

That's what I'm going to do. I'm OK with paying a fair price but the deal above, with tax, came out to be $11.2k!

Spellmajr

Spellmajr

Jul 10, 2016
North MS
Ownership

1. 500
There is your high volume dealer. No BS fee either. I got my camo for 7250 a year ago from there. Brand new. Honda of Forrest city in Forrest city arkansas. Between Memphis and Little Rock on I40

IMG 2864

Spellmajr

Spellmajr

Jul 10, 2016
North MS
Ownership

1. 500
At the 6999 you could pay to have it shipped and come out cheaper.

ncred02

ncred02

Jul 16, 2015
Raleigh NC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
this thread makes my a.. hurt. In2015 I paid 9300 OTD....Ouch!!
But my bad. I didnt shop it, I just walked in and said RED please

Buford

Buford

May 9, 2016
U.S.A.
this thread makes my a.. hurt. In2015 I paid 9300 OTD....Ouch!!
But my bad. I didnt shop it, I just walked in and said RED please

Don't feel like you're the only one. I bought mine when they were in huge demand and dealers were selling with a waiting list and no such thing as a good deal. I paid $8,699 from a state with no sales tax, but there is sales tax in my home state, which I neglected to pay until just a few weeks back. So I had 2.5 years of penalties and interest on top of the sales tax, cost me $730 by the time i was legal :(

Macca

Macca

Jul 19, 2017
New Zealand
Ownership

1. 500
In New Zealand the stock standard 500SXS 2017 in red costs $19995 NZD. So if I calculate it correctly that's $14908.85 USD. I for one am jealous how cheap you guys can get stuff for.

Reactions: AlR and Dp5hunter
C

CaptLago

Oct 31, 2017
Arizona
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Sounds high . Shop on line . Go to all dealers your willing to drive to and tell them what you want and you want an out the door price .
Before you buy find out EXACTLY what there OTD includes . I did this and got excited by the best price , three days later I got a better price . I should have waited for all reply s . Also I cost myself $$ because where I bought it OTD price included all the same as the 150.00 more one EXCEPT , Where I bought it there license was off road only (required in AZ) , the 150.00 OTD license was road and off road which means they installed rear view mirror , horn and license lamp which are required to be street legal here . By not being exactly sure what each dealer s version of OTD was , I had to buy rear view mirrors , horn , lic lamp assm and install them .

Huck, I'm in the Phoenix area. Would you mind sharing which dealer ultimately gave you the best deal, and which one you've bough from. I've purchased a motorcycle from Western Honda in Scottsdale before. Gave them a fair take it or leave it offer and they took it. But I hear good things about North Valley Honda too.

Debating on looking for a used 2016 P500, or getting a 2017 new at some point.

Thanks in advance!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!