2018 PIONEER TAKEOVER - April 20 & 21 - Ride Royal Blue!

J

JTW

I keep the cv boot clamps & tool in my toolbox. You can also buy metal zip ties.
I noticed maybe rear boot band had come off at sometime during the ride. Not sure why or where, but I now have to clean that CV just to be on the safe side. I think a hose clamp would be as good or better... someone correct me if I’m wrong.

GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I noticed maybe rear boot band had come off at sometime during the ride. Not sure why or where, but I now have to clean that CV just to be on the safe side. I think a hose clamp would be as good or better... someone correct me if I’m wrong.
An airbox clamp i think would be better because it applies pressure more evenly. Z1e 4394

advertisement
B

BigRob

Oct 5, 2017
Byhalia, MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My wife and I are going to make reservations tomorrow - I saw that they offer dog friendly lodging. Has anyone taken theirs / are they able to go on the trails? Ours love to ride but most of the state and national parks we've been too in that area weren't dog friendly areas.

Reactions: knuckledeep
nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My wife and I are going to make reservations tomorrow - I saw that they offer dog friendly lodging. Has anyone taken theirs / are they able to go on the trails? Ours love to ride but most of the state and national parks we've been too in that area weren't dog friendly areas.

Peaches goes everywhere with me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: sharp and lee
SundayRdr

SundayRdr

Mar 1, 2016
McMinville Tn
I got that same tool for the bands on my axles. After 3 of us looked at it for half an hour trying to figure it out we put a standard band clamp back on...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lol they do have them that are more user friendly. Blue point use to make one that's supper easy to use. Gotta have wrench or ratchet in had and a small hammer to use it tho.

lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
Anything like that to fit the cv’s

Short answer: no.

There is not a lot of room for that type of clamp.
Especially on the outer CV.

Personally I have not had too much issue with the stock boot bands.
I know @JACKAL will go off on a tirade about his experiance with them.
But if you listen carefully he was applying the wrong size band.
So it's easy for me to discount his opinion (just as it's easy for him to delete my post).

The other option would be to get a band winding thing and carry generic length bands.
Don't get too creative with the CV bands.
That is the last place you want getting 'just a little bit of water' all in the name of saving a buck (or saving a minute) .

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!