2018 PIONEER TAKEOVER - April 20 & 21 - Ride Royal Blue!

J

JTW

Short answer: no.

There is not a lot of room for that type of clamp.
Especially on the outer CV.

Personally I have not had too much issue with the stock boot bands.
I know @JACKAL will go off on a tirade about his experiance with them.
But if you listen carefully he was applying the wrong size band.
So it's easy for me to discount his opinion (just as it's easy for him to delete my post).

The other option would be to get a band winding thing and carry generic length bands.
Don't get too creative with the CV bands.
That is the last place you want getting 'just a little bit of water' all in the name of saving a buck (or saving a minute) .
10-4.. I’ll get some extra Honda cv bands to be on the safe side.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Short answer: no.

There is not a lot of room for that type of clamp.
Especially on the outer CV.

Personally I have not had too much issue with the stock boot bands.
I know @JACKAL will go off on a tirade about his experiance with them.
But if you listen carefully he was applying the wrong size band.
So it's easy for me to discount his opinion (just as it's easy for him to delete my post).

The other option would be to get a band winding thing and carry generic length bands.
Don't get too creative with the CV bands.
That is the last place you want getting 'just a little bit of water' all in the name of saving a buck (or saving a minute) .
Truth, I only spent an hour trying to get a 78mm clamp on an 80mm boot, the 80mm boot clamp still took me another 90 minutes. Wrong tool, wrong mechanic but a little bigger ears would have helped. LOL

BeerMonkey

BeerMonkey

Mar 29, 2017
Mid TN
My wife and I are going to make reservations tomorrow - I saw that they offer dog friendly lodging. Has anyone taken theirs / are they able to go on the trails? Ours love to ride but most of the state and national parks we've been too in that area weren't dog friendly areas.
all their cabins even though they dont say it on the website are pet friendly. if you call and let them know ahead of time. It is a 50$ fee is all.

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
all their cabins even though they dont say it on the website are pet friendly. if you call and let them know ahead of time. It is a 50$ fee is all.

Granted I was in my own fifth wheel, but I don’t even usually ask anymore. Easier to ask forgiveness than permission they say!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Landman

Landman

The Great Bearded One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jun 27, 2017
Central Arkansas
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

This is what's listed on my reservation:
Pets are allowed in RV campground, on a leash. Most cabins do not allow pets, call front desk for availability and details.

advertisement
BeerMonkey

BeerMonkey

Mar 29, 2017
Mid TN
This is what's listed on my reservation:
Pets are allowed in RV campground, on a leash. Most cabins do not allow pets, call front desk for availability and details.
Ive talked to them about this before most recently when we were up there less than a month ago. if you call and talk to them about it they are pretty cool.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!