2019 RAM HD 1000 lbs./ft. torque 35k towing

J

JTW

That’s a lot of money for a but massager. @JTW got one with batteries for 10$ at Adam&Steve
While I’ll agree it’s a lot of money for a truck... and it’s just stupid what they cost these days. The only way that they could get the fuel numbers you’re talking about is with added tech and electronics. Sooooo, would it even matter? I find myself not using a LOT of the doodads my truck has... some I like, some I don’t particularly care for. But clearly you’ve never been to Adam and Eve because that s*** ain’t $10!!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
While I’ll agree it’s a lot of money for a truck... and it’s just stupid what they cost these days. The only way that they could get the fuel numbers you’re talking about is with added tech and electronics. Sooooo, would it even matter? I find myself not using a LOT of the doodads my truck has... some I like, some I don’t particularly care for. But clearly you’ve never been to Adam and Eve because that s*** ain’t $10!!
A vehicle could be some more efficient without added bulls***. Older Cummins will get better mileage then a new one and can easily match on power. Has NO electronics on engine.But it’s an exception somewhat.
I agree added tech can help and we’ve seen that the largest with addiction to FI on gas engines. If an auto manufacture spent as much time on efficiency as they do the next best option that everyone HAS to have things would be different. I do believe there is money passed under the table to curb great mileage, and I truly think if people don’t see that they are blind or don’t care. There are still mechanical things that can be done, weight savings, aerodynamic improvements, and fuel controls that could be looked into. The new Ram uses generative alternator that doubles as a super charger, that’s a step. There are many more out there if it mattered. But it doesn’t! People don’t give a s*** on average if thier rig gets poor mileage they’ll still go to the pump. People aren’t screaming for better mileage so the manufacturers are doing what sells and not getting much better.

lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
. I do believe there is money passed under the table to curb great mileage

Dude, this is right up there with the flat earth, grassy knoll and Bush casued 911 (could you imagine a government able to keep that big a secret?).

If it where true some dot com billionaire would come along and start a new car company in kalifornia and make serious money.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
I've only ever owned one pickup. An 89 fraud ranger. Does that make me gay?

Reactions: Plumber32
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Dude, this is right up there with the flat earth, grassy knoll and Bush casued 911 (could you imagine a government able to keep that big a secret?).

If it where true some dot com billionaire would come along and start a new car company in kalifornia and make serious money.
Not so much flat earth lol.

Reactions: lee
Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I tend to agree that we are getting boned.

Way back when we used to have a ‘86 F250 4x4 super cab with a 4bl 460, 4.10 gears and a 4spd manual. It had dual 50 gallon fuel tanks. 6-8 mpg was the story of the day and didn’t matter what you pulled. You could pass anything except the gas station.

Fast forward to today, pulling similar trailers and weights in a new F250 gasser with a 6.2l will net nearly identical mpg but supposedly has at least 2x the hp and torque??

I haven’t looked it up but would guess the newer f250 is quite a bit heavier too.

Go figure.

J

JTW

A vehicle could be some more efficient without added bulls***. Older Cummins will get better mileage then a new one and can easily match on power. Has NO electronics on engine.But it’s an exception somewhat.
I agree added tech can help and we’ve seen that the largest with addiction to FI on gas engines. If an auto manufacture spent as much time on efficiency as they do the next best option that everyone HAS to have things would be different. I do believe there is money passed under the table to curb great mileage, and I truly think if people don’t see that they are blind or don’t care. There are still mechanical things that can be done, weight savings, aerodynamic improvements, and fuel controls that could be looked into. The new Ram uses generative alternator that doubles as a super charger, that’s a step. There are many more out there if it mattered. But it doesn’t! People don’t give a s*** on average if thier rig gets poor mileage they’ll still go to the pump. People aren’t screaming for better mileage so the manufacturers are doing what sells and not getting much better.
Ok.. but if YOU don’t like technology on YOUR vehicle then it doesn’t matter if they get 200mpg... because the only way those kind of numbers are even plausible to be put down is with tech. I don’t like the bs “tech” and emissions crap either but there’s no way a standard combustion engine can get there without it. I have no doubts there is money to keep things limited by oil companies... that’s what the lobbyist are for! But I suspect that’s done more thru the EPA and emissions than thru suppressing engine advancement directly.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Ok.. but if YOU don’t like technology on YOUR vehicle then it doesn’t matter if they get 200mpg... because the only way those kind of numbers are even plausible to be put down is with tech. I don’t like the bs “tech” and emissions crap either but there’s no way a standard combustion engine can get there without it. I have no doubts there is money to keep things limited by oil companies... that’s what the lobbyist are for! But I suspect that’s done more thru the EPA and emissions than thru suppressing engine advancement directly.
With those kinda numbers for mpg I’d have to agree.

J

JTW

With those kinda numbers for mpg I’d have to agree.
They’re your numbers.... wait.... were you drunk?
4E73ACEC B06A 4D04 9CFB C369E1F4C653

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
They’re your numbers.... wait.... were you drunk?
View attachment 102925
I never said that could be done without technology. And yes that was an exaggeration, what I was meaning is the numbers haven’t changed much, I feel we should be much much further ahead then we are. I can’t believe that it took 100 years to get here and now we cannot over come this hump.

Reactions: sharp and Plumber32
J

JTW

I never said that could be done without technology. And yes that was an exaggeration, what I was meaning is the numbers haven’t changed much, I feel we should be much much further ahead then we are. I can’t believe that it took 100 years to get here and now we cannot over come this hump.
I’m not sure that you can much past pulling off emissions bs

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Probably could if we didn't have 400hp 1000lbft of torque. Lighter and less power. Speed limits at 55. Instead of towing 35k at 80. Part of the world being in a rush all the time.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!