DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Here's the only Dodge i can afford. Towing.

G2purpledodge

DG Rider

DG Rider

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
I was hella into Stompers and I sure don’t recall that one. Man those were fun.
Me too. Don't remember ever seeing that one in the stores. Only the catalogs. Wilderness campers or something like that. The Holy Grail of Stompers for me. Can't believe how much they are bringing these days.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Me too. Don't remember ever seeing that one in the stores. Only the catalogs. Wilderness campers or something like that. The Holy Grail of Stompers for me. Can't believe how much they are bringing these days.
I haven’t seen in years. My favorite was the red Peterbilt. Brings back good memories

DG Rider

DG Rider

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
View attachment 102984 Swiped this photo, but remember the wheelie thing?
Yep.
The Stomper II's were cool, but they were higher geared (in "low") and would actually struggle in tough stuff. The 1st ones (with the fixed speed) were better. And the foam tires? But...i guess they figured that poor white trash like me wouldn't have batteries, so at least the II's could freewheel like big, pricey hotwheels. I had few of each. Including a cab-over semi truck that was badass (all those wheels turning).

I still have one of the mini's they gave out at McDonalds.

Stompers were just cool. Doubt they'd even register with today's kids. And who wants a Prius Stomper anyways....

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Here it is Ram boys, read it and weep.
Ford is going to dominate trucks when the Obama emission regulations kick in!

'We're going to electrify the F-Series,' Ford exec says

(haha, there is probably a place for electric pickups, like city maintenance where the tax money to buy it is free)
Full electric vehicles have proved to be the worst for resale so far so I think people aren’t ready yet for them. It’s funny how people think they are better for the environment but it still takes mostly fossil fuels to power them and those batteries are extremely hard on things. I think I’d still carry a Honda genny along with lol

Reactions: Plumber32
Mopower58

Mopower58

No reservations about no reservations
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
All this bs on which diesel is better, I spent over 40 years in the diesel repair business and Every manufacturer has service departments at their dealerships and they all stay busy. When I was at a Ford dealership most people drove things other than a Ford. To those that think fords are the best then work at a Ford dealer for a while. As for me I will and have had a Mopar to drive. Since 1978 I have had them and never ever been left on the side of the road.

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
All this bs on which diesel is better, I spent over 40 years in the diesel repair business and Every manufacturer has service departments at their dealerships and they all stay busy. When I was at a Ford dealership most people drove things other than a Ford. To those that think fords are the best then work at a Ford dealer for a while. As for me I will and have had a Mopar to drive. Since 1978 I have had them and never ever been left on the side of the road.
Preach on brother!

Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5

(haha, there is probably a place for electric pickups, like city maintenance where the tax money to buy it is free)

A bit behind the competition / times. GM already had some for purchase in 2016.

Not quite fully blown Prius type, but not far behind.

GM Launching a Pickup Hybrid. Again - HybridCars.com

ofrcboy

ofrcboy

Lifetime Member
Nov 27, 2015
Oregon
Ownership

1. 1000-5
and the headlight turn with the steering up to 15 degrees

Reactions: Mopower58
lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
. GM already had some for purchase in 2016.

E-assist is nothing more than a joke.
Done for regulatory compliance.
(And I have a GM truck (actually I got the Izuzu engine, the Chevy truck just keeps the oil pan from dragging on the ground)).

Reactions: DG Rider

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!