ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Lol that’s true! But isn’t his self inflicted? LMAO. Now with dodge , It’s all the breakdowns I see That bother me haha. I’m sure it’s the same if I lived near Romeo at the Ford PG’s or the GM PG’s. One of these days I’ll get a pic of that. I had one of the jeep Wrangler pick up in my sites a few weeks ago with the bra and camo wrap with the hood up on the shoulder of the Eway and what I would suppose the engineer with his hands in his hips looking at it, As I approached, another car got to my right side so I missed the pic.

Isn’t that what a proving ground is for to push it to breaking point, so you can change the breaking point?

jwfirebird

jwfirebird

Sep 23, 2018
western ny
Ownership

1. 700-2
girly trucks makes me think, at least around here 90 percent of trucks are driven by women. guys drive cars, I do, my monte gets 32 ave and 36hwy. all the biggest trucks at work are driven by women, 8.0 chev dually, 2500, (wifes friend is less than 5ft and drives a 2500 too she said she likes sitting up high)a lot of chev but some ford 1500s too. dodge loses there too another thing I hate about the inlaws dodge that he bought because it looks cool. I have to put it in 4wd for them because the only time you really need to be able to move the lever when its less than 30 its too tough for the 60 year old lady who drives it to move the lever till it warms up once shes home normally, pointless. a lot easier when its crappy out and the wife is going to drive it, just push the awd button and it wont hurt anything, unlike the part time tcase that the other trucks use

Last edited:
Reactions: Deleted member 3748
nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If you can afford the luxuries of a platinum, Denali, limited, whatever they call their luxury line why not get it? I spend a lot of time in my vehicle traveling for work or just commuting and I can afford it. My seats massage while I drive is it necessary? No. Do I like it? Dang skippy! If you want to drive a 50 year old truck or car or bus with a plastic bucket in it and have no technological advancements, more power to you... I will continue doing what makes me happy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Not to favor dodge but I bet if you saw the Honda proving grounds and the damage their staff of highly trained @CumminsPusher s can do I doubt you’d have faith in Honda either.
:( Maybe Honda needed to run them till they’re dead and bring them back in for a tear down. Had the been driving around in the rain and puddles for shakedown maybe they wouldn’t caught the water intrusion issue...

Reactions: sharp and Remington
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
If you can afford the luxuries of a platinum, Denali, limited, whatever they call their luxury line why not get it? I spend a lot of time in my vehicle traveling for work or just commuting and I can afford it. My seats massage while I drive is it necessary? No. Do I like it? Dang skippy! If you want to drive a 50 year old truck or car or bus with a plastic bucket in it and have no technological advancements, more power to you... I will continue doing what makes me happy.

That’s a lot of money for a but massager. @JTW got one with batteries for 10$ at Adam&Steve

jwfirebird

jwfirebird

Sep 23, 2018
western ny
Ownership

1. 700-2
guess it doesn't rain in japan and the tester was def and didn't hear doors rattling all the time

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
guess it doesn't rain in japan and the tester was def and didn't hear doors rattling all the time
Maybe if they tested stuff other places then thier proving grounds on sunny days or the desert there might be better data collected.

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That’s a lot of money for a but massager. @JTW got one with batteries for 10$ at Adam&Steve

My point is it’s my money. I can do whatever I want with it. If I think the Ford diesel is the best and want the $100k model, so be it. When guy come in and slam someone who has something “better” or more expensive then theirs it really only says something about the person doing the b****in...

D

Deleted member 3748

My point is it’s my money. I can do whatever I want with it. If I think the Ford diesel is the best and want the $100k model, so be it. When guy come in and slam someone who has something “better” or more expensive then theirs it really only says something about the person doing the b****in...

Geez... all I said was 'curtains' :D

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV

Lol. I was just making a funny. I know you can afford nearly anything and I actually agree with the spending money on what you want. If someone has 100k to spend on a pickup then they probably have the 15k out of pocket to spend at the dealer when it fails. Most of us are living just out of our means me included. However I’m dropping a few things and switching it up some so I won’t be like that anymore. I definitely don’t want to buy something I’d loose 20k on a year on depreciation alone on (like that rig we talked about awhile ago)but I’m not giving up my toys so I’ve got to find some solid ground.
Not everyone is like that and not everyone wants to deal with a vehicle they have to shift and doesn’t do everything for them. There are definitely different people with different incomes and desires, I believe most of us work hard for our money so it’s nice to do as much as it’ll allow as long as it’s within means.
If I were to win the lottery I’d still be the same ol type of guy with old s*** that gets me to where I’m going, however those things would be slightly more built lol. I would have A LOT OF FUN making something my own and totally unique. Oh and I’d be driving around the country a lot riding with you guys and having lots more fun

advertisement
D

Deleted member 3748

girly trucks makes me think, at least around here 90 percent of trucks are driven by women. guys drive cars, I do, my monte gets 32 ave and 36hwy. all the biggest trucks at work are driven by women, 8.0 chev dually, 2500, (wifes friend is less than 5ft and drives a 2500 too she said she likes sitting up high)a lot of chev but some ford 1500s too. dodge loses there too another thing I hate about the inlaws dodge that he bought because it looks cool. I have to put it in 4wd for them because the only time you really need to be able to move the lever when its less than 30 its too tough for the 60 year old lady who drives it to move the lever till it warms up once shes home normally, pointless. a lot easier when its crappy out and the wife is going to drive it, just push the awd button and it wont hurt anything, unlike the part time tcase that the other trucks use
That's a strange statistic. Why do so many men drive cars? Where I live most everyone drives a truck, but I don't pay attention if they're men or women. I'm going to start looking.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
That's a strange statistic. Why do so many men drive cars? Where I live most everyone drives a truck, but I don't pay attention if they're men or women. I'm going to start looking.
There are drastically more women driving trucks around here, especially big diesels in the last probably 3-5years. I’d say up to around 40%. Always thought that was weird

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Lol. I was just making a funny. I know you can afford nearly anything and I actually agree with the spending money on what you want. If someone has 100k to spend on a pickup then they probably have the 15k out of pocket to spend at the dealer when it fails. Most of us are living just out of our means me included. However I’m dropping a few things and switching it up some so I won’t be like that anymore. I definitely don’t want to buy something I’d loose 20k on a year on depreciation alone on (like that rig we talked about awhile ago)but I’m not giving up my toys so I’ve got to find some solid ground.
Not everyone is like that and not everyone wants to deal with a vehicle they have to shift and doesn’t do everything for them. There are definitely different people with different incomes and desires, I believe most of us work hard for our money so it’s nice to do as much as it’ll allow as long as it’s within means.
If I were to win the lottery I’d still be the same ol type of guy with old s*** that gets me to where I’m going, however those things would be slightly more built lol. I would have A LOT OF FUN making something my own and totally unique. Oh and I’d be driving around the country a lot riding with you guys and having lots more fun
Clark Howard would love you.

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Wasn’t trying to make it about me. It’s just annoying to see people think their way is the only right way or the only way that makes sense. I learn a ton from people everyday. That wouldn’t happen if I told everyone I’m right and your wrong....

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Wasn’t trying to make it about me. It’s just annoying to see people think their way is the only right way or the only way that makes sense. I learn a ton from people everyday. That wouldn’t happen if I told everyone I’m right and your wrong....

Well my way is Cummins. I can’t say I’m preaching s***. I like dependability and that’s why I’ve bought Honda over the years. If I didn’t care about resale or dependability shop cost or frequency I’d own Polaris. I understand we all have opinions and that’s a great thing about expressing them.

Alan aka Davinci

Alan aka Davinci

Mr. Meme Master
Lifetime Member
Apr 25, 2015
Grand Junction, CO
Ownership

1. 500
In 1990 the Honda Civic HF was getting 43 mpg. I thought it was 49 mpg, but the internet tells me otherwise. Emissions controls have kept fuel economy basically the same or worse. Our 11 Fiesta gets 37mpg. I ask myself, if we had let technology work on fuel economy without emissions controls what kind of mpg would we see today? Would it be double, at 86 mpg? I think that is likely. Then I have to ask, did 1 gallon of fuel in a 1990 engine produce twice the emissions of a gallon of fuel today? I don't know the answer but I think it would be about the same which means we've been getting boned by buying twice as much gas as we need. Purely speculation though.
I tend to agree that we are getting boned.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!