Status
Not open for further replies.
rbtnt

rbtnt

Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2015
Ownership

1. Talon X
The plates look great. Is there room or have you thought about making a storage bin in place of current gauge panel? Something like the one lower in the console.

Reactions: Biteme
PaulF

PaulF

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Lifetime Member
Jul 1, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
The plates look great. Is there room or have you thought about making a storage bin in place of current gauge panel? Something like the one lower in the console.
That is kind of a catch 22. If I leave the gauge mount bracket in place to hold the bin then it would be fairly easy but it would only be about 2 inches deep and kind of useless. I could remove the bracket but then the mounting would become problematic.

Right now I barely have time to work on things I already have CAD drawings for. Anything new wouldn't be for a while.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon x4
How’s your progress on this @PaulF.....😎

PaulF

PaulF

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Lifetime Member
Jul 1, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
How’s your progress on this @PaulF.....😎
Slow. They take 2 1/2 days each to print. Been printing almost non-stop for a month.

Fortunately for me, work has been 12+ hour days, 6 days a week so unfortunately I have not had time to do anything with the face plates. Sorry but work takes precedence for me, then play, then fabrication and I have only gone riding 1 day since starting this project (over a month now).

I think I now have a stock machine to engineer the face plates on so maybe this weekend (it is a state holiday here so I have a little extra time).

11 units printed so far. As soon as I can work out the face plates, I can start shipping...

20200724 125623

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon x4
Slow. They take 2 1/2 days each to print. Been printing almost non-stop for a month.

Fortunately for me, work has been 12+ hour days, 6 days a week so unfortunately I have not had time to do anything with the face plates. Sorry but work takes precedence for me, then play, then fabrication and I have only gone riding 1 day since starting this project (over a month now).

I think I now have a stock machine to engineer the face plates on so maybe this weekend (it is a state holiday here so I have a little extra time).

11 units printed so far. As soon as I can work out the face plates, I can start shipping...

View attachment 214336
That’s wonderful problems you’ve got. Again, not rushing a thing, just keeping hope alive....🤣

Looking real good. 👍Thank you for the details.

Moab_Marty

Moab_Marty

Jul 12, 2019
Moab + Western CO
Ownership

1. Talon R
I missed this discussion until today. I installed the All Things UTV relocate kit some months ago, Prefer the new location a lot,
However...... I still find the display hard to read, especially in bright daylight, which is most of the time for me.

Bottom line .... I think Honda needs a re-design of the display itself ( along with the location) I love my Talon, but feel it has the worst display of the industry. I can only hope that in future model years Honda (or someone else) makes an improved display that can retrofit into our 2019 - 2020 Talons.

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
I missed this discussion until today. I installed the All Things UTV relocate kit some months ago, Prefer the new location a lot,
However...... I still find the display hard to read, especially in bright daylight, which is most of the time for me.

Bottom line .... I think Honda needs a re-design of the display itself ( along with the location) I love my Talon, but feel it has the worst display of the industry. I can only hope that in future model years Honda (or someone else) makes an improved display that can retrofit into our 2019 - 2020 Talons.
I agree, even properly located, the Honda's display is way behind the tech available today. I was shopping the YXZ along with the Talon, its optional display, although expensive, is a combination of an OBD driven engine systems display and GPS - I'd love to see something like that happen for the Talon.

B

Bunnycop

Supporting Member
Jun 10, 2019
Altoona,Pa
Ownership

1. Talon R
I thought about it at first but wanted to test the durability.

Now that I have about 6 months and 1500 miles on it without any problems, I may consider selling them. The others available on the market are bulky and don't move with the tilt wheel like mine (that is the main reason I made my own). The wiring harness requires taking apart and a couple ground wires extended and I still need to create a better switch plate and one for a unit without the Rugged Radio but I I'm thinking...

$75 for the relocation pod.
$25 (plus $50 refundable core charge) for an exchange wire harness (if you don't feel comfortable doing your own).
$25 for the 6 place switch plate to cover the old hole.
$50 for a custom switch plate.

Like this post only if interested at those prices and I will use that as a count and see what I can do depending on interest. If not interested, don't hit the like button so that the count is accurate.
I will take a relocation kit please. Do you send the instructions on what wires to lengthen?

strubby

strubby

Jan 9, 2020
Central FL
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
Looking good Paul. I don't think I sent you a PM, but would also prefer a blank center console plate to customize myself. Will likely do a combo of stereo controller and switches. Thanks for putting time into this project.

PaulF

PaulF

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Lifetime Member
Jul 1, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
I will take a relocation kit please. Do you send the instructions on what wires to lengthen?
I will provide PDF instructions with details and pics but the Instructions are not compiled yet.
Looking good Paul. I don't think I sent you a PM, but would also prefer a blank center console plate to customize myself. Will likely do a combo of stereo controller and switches. Thanks for putting time into this project.
Once the units are ready, I will PM you (in the order that everyone "liked" the post on page 1) and go over what you want. Any orders or instructions in this thread will get buried, lost and forgot.

SpeedBuggy

SpeedBuggy

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 1, 2020
WA
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
Great idea, especially for the ones with ride command display envy issues. The engineering and printing looks great. After reading this thread I put one of those little Cornhole tools tittie calendars where the display would go and went out for a ride to see if I paid attention. Nah, not really and I love titties.... Never had a display on my dirt bikes or quads. Sound and feel is my giddyup.

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
The printing looks sharp, no doubt. But I’m with speed buggy on the actual use of the display. Old sport atvs, 300ex 400ex has zero information displayed for the rider. Learning to feel what the machine was doing and listen to how it was running was critical.

To this day I credit my ability to notice any slack, bad bearings or handling issues to those simple atvs with no display.

Absolutely no disrespect to PaulF. I admire your design and wish you the best of luck with sales.

Sheetmetalfab

Sheetmetalfab

Liberal kryptonite. truth and logic….
Lifetime Member
Jul 21, 2019
Alaska
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

2. Talon x4
I check my fuel level 2-3 times a day that’s about it.

i can mount my PV3 Display in front of the steering wheel now though.

C

cekkk

Jan 18, 2020
Nevada
Ownership

1. Talon X
I thought about it at first but wanted to test the durability.

Now that I have about 6 months and 1500 miles on it without any problems, I may consider selling them. The others available on the market are bulky and don't move with the tilt wheel like mine (that is the main reason I made my own). The wiring harness requires taking apart and a couple ground wires extended and I still need to create a better switch plate and one for a unit without the Rugged Radio but I I'm thinking...

$75 for the relocation pod.
$25 (plus $50 refundable core charge) for an exchange wire harness (if you don't feel comfortable doing your own).
$25 for the 6 place switch plate to cover the old hole.
$50 for a custom switch plate.

Like this post only if interested at those prices and I will use that as a count and see what I can do depending on interest. If not interested, don't hit the like button so that the count is accurate.
I basically have to stop and take off my sunglasses if I want to see the time or mileage or just about anything on there. 95% useless.

PaulF

PaulF

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Lifetime Member
Jul 1, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
Had some time to work on the face plates this week. Got my hands on a LV to see what it would take to move the idiot lights to the face plate. Success!!! This dash relocation is now doable on a LV. No extra wires or anything to move the LV stuff, the wires are plenty long..

One more test machine to make sure all the templates are correct and I can start building and shipping units to order starting end of next week.

This guy also hated the location of the suspension switch and had me move it. Also no wiring required to move the switch except undoing a wire tie...

TerryH

TerryH

Supporting Member
Sep 13, 2019
Springdale, Ar
Ownership

1. Talon X
Had some time to work on the face plates this week. Got my hands on a LV to see what it would take to move the idiot lights to the face plate. Success!!! This dash relocation is now doable on a LV. No extra wires or anything to move the LV stuff, the wires are plenty long..

One more test machine to make sure all the templates are correct and I can start building and shipping units to order starting end of next week.

This guy also hated the location of the suspension switch and had me move it. Also no wiring required to move the switch except undoing a wire tie...

View attachment 218537
/QUOTE]

That looks great Paul!

Ddoggy

Ddoggy

Supporting Member
Nov 9, 2019
Alaska
Ownership

1. Talon R
Because of their reliability reputation, I never considered a Poo Poo when shopping, it was either Yamaha or Honda. But when I sat in a Poo, I was wowed by its big screen, color info center - instant envy occurred. :oops:
Oh my...You speak the truth...that’s not popular these Days 😂🤣😂...agree totally...love my Talon...been waiting on Honda to put out a SxS since the Oddesy ...but it Seems to me that if they have put 10 years of development into this rig....they kept the same instrumentation that was available 10 yrs ago and forgot they needed a cluster at the last minute...my most disliked component for sure..and Poo like Ram truck..sure hit the mark imo...and I wouldn’t buy either one...but they did Set a bar

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon x4

View attachment 218537
That’s wonderful Paul. I don’t like the location of the suspension switch either, and will do the same. Nice work. 👍

PaulF

PaulF

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Lifetime Member
Jul 1, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R

View attachment 218537
Apologies to all waiting for these relocation kits. Last 3 weeks have been very hard on the household. Major medical issue (not COVID but much worse) is affecting everything in our lives. I now have enough cluster mounts printed and the initial face plate design done to begin filling orders. I will begin with the first to "like" the post and fill as many as I can, please maintain the same level of patience :)

6 switch and blank face plates (both with and without the Talon logo) are ready. Plug blanks are available if you need some at $2 each.

Prices are still the same except the Live Valve face plates will be $50, they are double layer and much more complex. I still need to work out a few machining glitches on the LV face plate so these may not ship as fast as the others.

The kit will come with all the necessary hardware, wires, heat shrink and wire loom. You will need some various hand tools, a solder iron, solder and some electrical tape to complete the install.

Shipping/handling and a little for the hardware parts will be a flat $20 for priority mail (Canada will be more).

Unfortunately, I will NOT be offering the exchange wire harness at this time due to issue mentioned above.

Attached is the complete instruction PDF including the harness modification. Please review and make sure you are comfortable with the wiring and drilling holes in your dash before I confirm your order.

Attachments

• Cluster Relocation Instructions.pdf
    3.4 MB · Views: 480
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Apologies to all waiting for these relocation kits. Last 3 weeks have been very hard on the household. Major medical issue (not COVID but much worse) is affecting everything in our lives. I now have enough cluster mounts printed and the initial face plate design done to begin filling orders. I will begin with the first to "like" the post and fill as many as I can, please maintain the same level of patience :)

6 switch and blank face plates (both with and without the Talon logo) are ready. Plug blanks are available if you need some at $2 each.

Prices are still the same except the Live Valve face plates will be $50, they are double layer and much more complex. I still need to work out a few machining glitches on the LV face plate so these may not ship as fast as the others.

The kit will come with all the necessary hardware, wires, heat shrink and wire loom. You will need some various hand tools, a solder iron, solder and some electrical tape to complete the install.

Shipping/handling and a little for the hardware parts will be a flat $20 for priority mail (Canada will be more).

Unfortunately, I will NOT be offering the exchange wire harness at this time due to issue mentioned above.

Attached is the complete instruction PDF including the harness modification. Please review and make sure you are comfortable with the wiring and drilling holes in your dash before I confirm your order.
Thoughts and prayers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!