P1000m5 4 lock

R

rickoshea

hi,i was having issues with my turf mode not engaging.i did the adjustment,now i have no indicator on my dash telling me if i'm in turf,4wd or 4 lock.it just shows the rear lock and nothing else,any solutions? the modes seem to work ok.i get turf/lock,just no indication what mode it's in.

J

Jimmy-AZ

Lifetime Member
May 9, 2017
Gold Canyon, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If you are in turf mode, the screen will not show anything. If you are in 2 wheel lock, it will show up as 2 wheel lock.
Hope this helps.

Sent from my SM-T837V using Tapatalk

R

rickoshea

If you are in turf mode, the screen will not show anything. If you are in 2 wheel lock, it will show up as 2 wheel lock.
Hope this helps.

Sent from my SM-T837V using Tapatalk
thanksj. it does this but when i put it in 4/4lock i get no indicators at all.it just stays in 2 lock.

E

Ericthered

Eric The Red
Lifetime Member
Nov 6, 2017
Sparks, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-3
To cut the chatter, the 4wd will not engage or show it until you roll forward or backward and turn steering wheel. This engages the cogs ( for lack of another name) and puts power to the wheels. When that happens it will show on the dash.

Reactions: JTW
R

rickoshea

To cut the chatter, the 4wd will not engage or show it until you roll forward or backward and turn steering wheel. This engages the cogs ( for lack of another name) and puts power to the wheels. When that happens it will show on the dash.
i drove it hard in all modes for about 2 hours yesterday and it will not show anything but 2 lock.i thought it might be an electrical issue like a weak battery.i have nothing aux. hooked up.all the fuses were good.i don't know what else to look for.i don't want to play with the adjustments again.it took forever to get all the modes to work.

Last edited:
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Have you tried smacking it?
If you cant be of help please dont reply. You know good and well smacking it will not help. And dont play it off like it will.
This is what we talked about a few weeks ago. If you cant help our new members then I have no problem making sure that happens.

Reactions: ofrcboy
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Anyways, there is a sensor on each diff that relays the engagement.
I would have to look into this more after a while.
I do believe if the rear does not single. the front will not until corrected.

advertisement
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
hi,i was having issues with my turf mode not engaging.i did the adjustment,now i have no indicator on my dash telling me if i'm in turf,4wd or 4 lock.it just shows the rear lock and nothing else,any solutions? the modes seem to work ok.i get turf/lock,just no indication what mode it's in.
Will send you a personal message look for the flag to the resent posts.

E

Ericthered

Eric The Red
Lifetime Member
Nov 6, 2017
Sparks, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-3
When you adjusted the cables under bed did you have machine in 2wd lock? If not adjustment will screw up all the indications.

Reactions: JTW and NTCPrezJB
J

JTW

If you cant be of help please dont reply. You know good and well smacking it will not help. And dont play it off like it will.
This is what we talked about a few weeks ago. If you cant help our new members then I have no problem making sure that happens.
Bulls***!! Does he have a shifter cover by Montana on the machine? I don’t know.. you don’t know... but I know that if I didn’t smack the lever on my machine, after the cover was installed, it wouldn't engage about half the time. The reason... it was out of adjustment. The cable stretches and the fraction of an inch the cover reduced the travel of the shift lever would keep it from engaging. But by all means... blame this s*** on me. I wasn’t the one being an asshole!

R

rickoshea

When you adjusted the cables under bed did you have machine in 2wd lock? If not adjustment will screw up all the indications.
followed the procedure to a t.that's what has me confused.the modes work.turf/lock.tested them out vigorously.just no dash indicators.i don't know what else to look for.i had to leave it at the cottage and head back to the city yesterday. last resort,it's a 2 hour drive from the cottage to the honda shop and probably a week to diagnose.then 2 more hours. to go pick it up.not to mention 5 hours to get to my cottage,so i really would like to have a fix i can do before the last resort.i never thought to snap a pic.the machine is a 2019 with about 1350 kilometers on it.yes,it's under warranty but it's also a big pain to take it in right now.

Last edited:
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Bulls***!! Does he have a shifter cover by Montana on the machine? I don’t know.. you don’t know... but I know that if I didn’t smack the lever on my machine, after the cover was installed, it wouldn't engage about half the time. The reason... it was out of adjustment. The cable stretches and the fraction of an inch the cover reduced the travel of the shift lever would keep it from engaging. But by all means... blame this s*** on me. I wasn’t the one being an asshole!
@jtw,
No. But your only reason for a vague reply was to cause confusion and get a bs reply so you can continue the circle at the members expense.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Dirtstiffs-1000
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
So. To clarify.
The modes are working. Just the display is not showing?

And.. its showing 2x4 and not turf?
Or turf and not 2x4?

Reactions: aprils_fool
aprils_fool

aprils_fool

Lifetime Member
Jul 7, 2017
Big Rapids, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So. To clarify.

Or turf and not 2x4?

The way I read it all modes are working but no matter what position the display shows 2lock

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Hondasxs
R

rickoshea

So. To clarify.

Or turf and not 2x4?

correct.just 2x4 and all the modes work.shows gear selection on the dash too if that matters or is relevant.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!