Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
so the consensus is a faulty (shift ? ) sensor.anyone know if they have one for each diff and are they interchangeable? it might be easier and cheaper for me to locate and swap the faulty one myself rather than drag across the country

View attachment 163467
Are you pulling the parts cannon to say it is a shift sensor?
Do you have access to a manual to properly diagnose the sensor?

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
Is the lever easy to move between the modes? I know another member had a similar issue a while back and it was because he pinched the cable when installing some accessories up front, but his mode lever was extremely hard to move into diff lock.

aauman88

aauman88

Supporting Member
Feb 19, 2019
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Is the lever easy to move between the modes? I know another member had a similar issue a while back and it was because he pinched the cable when installing some accessories up front, but his mode lever was extremely hard to move into diff lock.

that was me :( pinched 4wd cable going to front diff with U bolts where winch mounts. But he says his functions are working just not the indicators.

R

rickoshea

I know, my buddy had same mount and did same thing so made me feel a little better
nope.moves as it always has.drive shift was always a little stiff but the diff lock lever moves smooth.

Reactions: aprils_fool
Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Are you pulling the parts cannon to say it is a shift sensor?
Do you have access to a manual to properly diagnose the sensor?
The only sensor I am seeing in the rear diff is the VS sensor. If that wasn't working, it wouldn't shift properly.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
The only sensor I am seeing in the rear diff is the VS sensor. If that wasn't working, it wouldn't shift properly.
There is another sensor for lock indication.
I havent had time to look yet.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Russ989
Kilo427

Kilo427

Not about the destination Its about the journey
Lifetime Member
Dec 10, 2015
Look at sensor 3 and bracket 38 just for giggles
And 3, 4 and 26 on the rear second picture

0485A055 15DB 4CFA 8251 20A7DBA4264E 4AE38E5E 30DB 41CF 9594 37FBF1C7ECA8

R

rickoshea

Look at sensor 3 and bracket 38 just for giggles
And 3, 4 and 26 on the rear second picture

View attachment 163694 View attachment 163699
i was hoping it was going to be a simple fix.its not looking like it.i have 3 weeks to get it fixed and put my camso tracks on before my knee replacement,then i'm laid up for a few months, and i want it in good working order when i'm ready to get back in it.hopefully before the snow melts and the lake ices off. i guess i'm heading up to the cottage this weekend and taking it into the dealer and let them sort it out..thanks all for the help.

advertisement
Kilo427

Kilo427

Not about the destination Its about the journey
Lifetime Member
Dec 10, 2015
Keep us updated I would be curious to know what caused the malfunction for future knowledge!

Reactions: JTW
R

rickoshea

well,dealer can't get me in for a couple weeks.snowmachine season is here so that's eaten up all the shops time in the area,snow is on the way this week.i'm putting on the tracks today and putting the repair on the wait list.i can still run it the way it is.don't want to but i guess i have to. new update. i went out to the shop to run the p1k up to operating temp before i went in for lunch.stupid thing is working.it hasn't moved since last time i tried to get it working,but it's reading all the locks on the dash..i guess i'm better than i thought.going to actually drive it around and see if it continues to work right after lunch,then the tracks go on.strange,but i'll take it.

Last edited:
Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
well,dealer can't get me in for a couple weeks.snowmachine season is here so that's eaten up all the shops time in the area,snow is on the way this week.i'm putting on the tracks today and putting the repair on the wait list.i can still run it the way it is.don't want to but i guess i have to. new update. i went out to the shop to run the p1k up to operating temp before i went in for lunch.stupid thing is working.it hasn't moved since last time i tried to get it working,but it's reading all the locks on the dash..i guess i'm better than i thought.going to actually drive it around and see if it continues to work right after lunch,then the tracks go on.strange,but i'll take it.
Figure out what you did, I’m having the same problem except mine is only showing turf mode.

R

rickoshea

it's going to take a while before i do.it currently has a mind of its own.saturday it worked fine,sunday it didn't.didn't check it monday before i left for a couple weeks.it's going into the shop,i just don't know when.maybe some time in early spring.

Reactions: Mudwing and Russ989
Russ989

Russ989

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
There is another sensor for lock indication.
I havent had time to look yet.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
What sensor is it? I’m having the same issue.

Russ989

Russ989

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The problem is all contained in the shift box, after adjusting it again, it seems to be working now. Thanks @0860silverado and @HondaTech.

7F6077BB EAA8 4D33 84DC 7F5E9F0ACEBE
EF568134 FBC5 4886 A765 5AED27275538
0714EAE5 A9BF 4A89 84DC DAB483E77B18

Last edited:
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!