P1000m5 4 lock

J

JTW

@jtw,
No. But your only reason for a vague reply was to cause confusion and get a bs reply so you can continue the circle at the members expense.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
No.. I gave a vague reply because I was literally driving down the road... I followed up with the same reply (all while driving down the road) to see if he was going to be an ass after his first response. And sure enough.... he succeeded. So I spoke my peace and continued to try and help him. We’re not there with his machine... we have no way of knowing what steps a person has gone thru before asking for help. Particularly when they don’t spell out their process. So start with the simplest solutions and go from there. I cannot f***ing stand when someone asks for help and then wants to be a dick! And frankly, I wasn’t even giving the guy a hard time until he was an ass.

Never mind the fact that even if my first reply had been “unicorn titties” nobody else had replied to the guy... the more comments his question gets the more attention and eyes on the original post and question at hand.

D

DDDonkey

So. To clarify.
The modes are working. Just the display is not showing?

And.. its showing 2x4 and not turf?
Or turf and not 2x4?

I am also confused, have you jacked up the rear to see if the turf mode and 2wd are working or are you just going off the dash.

When jacking up the rear and moving the selector from turf to 2wd you will only need to rotate the tire less than half a turn for it to lock or unlock if shifted the other way. If that is working then I would think it is a sensor issue, if the wheels will not lock/unlock easily then I would lean towards the cable being the issue.

Reactions: JTW
J

JTW

The way I read it all modes are working but no matter what position the display shows 2lock

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
But the question is... are they really working? If he was adjusting and got it out of kilter then they most likely aren’t engaging

Reactions: aprils_fool
aprils_fool

aprils_fool

Lifetime Member
Jul 7, 2017
Big Rapids, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
But the question is... are they really working? If he was adjusting and got it out of kilter then they most likely aren’t engaging
That's surely a possibility bud, just saying how I read the info that hes given us so far.

R

rickoshea

That's surely a possibility bud, just saying how I read the info that hes given us so far.

double check both modes jacked up and then drove for 2 hours testing every mode in gravel and on pavement with the cover plate off and checking the cable after every mode.all modes work.mode indicator does not.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
No.. I gave a vague reply because I was literally driving down the road... I followed up with the same reply (all while driving down the road) to see if he was going to be an ass after his first response. And sure enough.... he succeeded.

Which was your intended purpose and desired reply.

aprils_fool

aprils_fool

Lifetime Member
Jul 7, 2017
Big Rapids, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I know... I’m not trying to be an ass. I just keep seeing posts about solutions when we don’t even know what the symptoms are.
No worries, I didn't take that way.

J

JTW

Which was your intended purpose and desired reply.

So I wanted him to be a dick? No... I wanted to see if it was worth my time to try and continue and help him figure out his issue. If someone is going to be an asshole then I’m not going to waste my time. But instead of just leaving him to his own demise, I continued to try after I said what I had to say. I can’t help if someone gets butt hurt over literally nothing! If I came in attacking and calling him and dumbass. Sure! But that’s not what happened!

R

rickoshea

so the consensus is a faulty (shift ? ) sensor.anyone know if they have one for each diff and are they interchangeable? it might be easier and cheaper for me to locate and swap the faulty one myself rather than drag across the country

Upload 2019 10 28 15 55 44

advertisement
aauman88

aauman88

Supporting Member
Feb 19, 2019
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
so the consensus is a faulty (shift ? ) sensor.anyone know if they have one for each diff and are they interchangeable? it might be easier and cheaper for me to locate and swap the faulty one myself rather than drag across the country

View attachment 163467

Id say improper adjustment over bad sensor. Mine did same thing until got adjustment just right

R

rickoshea

Id say improper adjustment over bad sensor. Mine did same thing until got adjustment just right
i tried adjusting from not working till it worked (shifted) till it didn't again.no luck.seriously,i monkeyed with it for over 2 hours making minute adjustments.could not get it to read on the dash.that was what made me discount a faulty cable.i even moved it around to see if it would light up by me manually manipulating it.

Last edited:
aauman88

aauman88

Supporting Member
Feb 19, 2019
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You’re just talking about multiple sensors being bad when it’s not showing turf/2wd/4wd/diff lock. These machines are very voltage sensitive, what is you resting and under load battery voltage?

my machine would have to be slammed in between modes for indicators to work when I got it.

R

rickoshea

You’re just talking about multiple sensors being bad when it’s not showing turf/2wd/4wd/diff lock. These machines are very voltage sensitive, what is you resting and under load battery voltage?

my machine would have to be slammed in between modes for indicators to work when I got it.
i don't have a volt meter at the cottage so i charged the battery to full capacity.if it isn't the battery then i have a whole other problem.i also ran it hard for 2 hours.new battery,no aux. connections.trans shifts crisp up and down.headlights are steady and strong.just remembered,2 weeks ago i plugged in a usb charger into the 12v port that also tells ambient temp and voltage.it was reading 14 so not sure how accurate it really is.

Last edited:
Wallace

Wallace

Well that didn't go as planned
Lifetime Member
Jun 28, 2017
Lonoke Arkansas
Ownership

1. 500
I am unclear on whether the modes where displayed before you adjusted on the cable.

Wallace

Wallace

Well that didn't go as planned
Lifetime Member
Jun 28, 2017
Lonoke Arkansas
Ownership

1. 500
I know some of these questions may have been answered already. Where has it been stored? Any chance of a rodent getting to the wires to the front diff sensor?

R

rickoshea

I know some of these questions may have been answered already. Where has it been stored? Any chance of a rodent getting to the wires to the front diff sensor?
no.it's highly unlikely.no evidence of rodents in the shop i store it in.it's my winter storage shop and it's well insulated and is as tight as a drum.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!