Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Those are pretty sweet!!

I met a couple with the tiger moth while I was riding in Colorado. They are very impressive and well designed. Absolutely every bit of space is well utilized and functional. I think the guy said a former NASA engineer started the company/ or did the designing. I could be wrong.

They are nice but you could buy a new 5th wheel toy hauler for the same price.

J

JTW

I met a couple with the tiger moth while I was riding in Colorado. They are very impressive and well designed. Absolutely every bit of space is well utilized and functional. I think the guy said a former NASA engineer started the company/ or did the designing. I could be wrong.

They are nice but you could buy a new 5th wheel toy hauler for the same price.
That’s very true... I heard @Ragnar406 was looking at them though!

stellarpod

stellarpod

Lifetime Member
Apr 18, 2019
OKC, OK - USA
Ownership

1. Talon X
My friend owns this company and I know his employees well enough too. They're based out of Mesa Az last time I checked
Turtleback Trailers Home - Turtleback Trailers

I subscribe to the Lifestyle Overland YouTube channel (which I recommend). They use a Turtleback trailer and it looks incredible. But, the pricing is insane. Not likely I'll ever be in a position to own one.

Steve

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I subscribe to the Lifestyle Overland YouTube channel (which I recommend). They use a Turtleback trailer and it looks incredible. But, the pricing is insane. Not likely I'll ever be in a position to own one.

Steve

I’ve had an up close look at these trailers. The quality of the materials, workmanship and duty rating reminds me of equipment I used while in the army. If you bought one, you’d have it the rest of your life. WELL worth the expense...

stellarpod

stellarpod

Lifetime Member
Apr 18, 2019
OKC, OK - USA
Ownership

1. Talon X
I’ve had an up close look at these trailers. The quality of the materials, workmanship and duty rating reminds me of equipment I used while in the army. If you bought one, you’d have it the rest of your life. WELL worth the expense...

I don't doubt it. But, I'm 64 years old. Not nearly as much "rest of your" life for me as there was when I was 34 years old... :D:D:D

I keep looking at all this new adventure-specific equipment, wishing I had the means. But, truthfully, I've got closets full of high-tech, low-weight backpacking and motorcycle touring gear that can accommodate just as well, albeit without some of the comforts that a foldout trailer/camper/tent could afford. Truth is, I'm retired and have enough stuff to do it. I just have to find the resolve.

Steve

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I don't doubt it. But, I'm 64 years old. Not nearly as much "rest of your" life for me as there was when I was 34 years old... :D:D:D

I keep looking at all this new adventure-specific equipment, wishing I had the means. But, truthfully, I've got closets full of high-tech, low-weight backpacking and motorcycle touring gear that can accommodate just as well, albeit without some of the comforts that a foldout trailer/camper/tent could afford. Truth is, I'm retired and have enough stuff to do it. I just have to find the resolve.

Steve
Putting a date on the calendar is often 80% of the battle. It's too easy to kick the can down the road if there isn't a self imposed goal in mind.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2

Steve
The thing with me is a toilet/shower...and yes, I know they exist. I guess I'm like s***break on American Pie in that I have a routine that I like to follow.
It's honestly been like 25 years since I've been "camping". That's weird considering how much I love being outdoors, but it's more of the opportunity not presenting itself than me avoiding it. I mean...I spend half the night out on the trail sometimes...so it's really not that much more of a step?
Was really close to getting back into it a few years ago with my brother in law, but then we moved back east, where I'm just not as interested in it.

Reactions: lee and Mudwing
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
They

They better last my life time cause I’d be living in one if my wife saw I payed 30 grand for a tiny tent on wheels!
Oh yeah, you’re a young man, you’ll be fine. :eek::D

Reactions: Dp5hunter
advertisement
B

bionicman

Oct 19, 2019
seattle
Ownership

1. Talon X
Those are really cool, I've never seen that before. Does all the mud and funk from the UTV drip all over your tent with it sitting over the top of it like that or is there some sort of barrier?
Its essentually a roof top tent you can stand up in
big buddy heater is comfortable down to -10deg F
wash trailer as any other with muddy toy on top

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
Its essentually a roof top tent you can stand up in
big buddy heater is comfortable down to -10deg F
wash trailer as any other with muddy toy on top
Thanks for the info, that's really cool.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
J

JTW

65BC7834 58C4 4A92 B686 4AD0BB68D12B

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!