Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I really like that snorkel. I just wonder how it deals with water in the rain?

Reactions: Dp5hunter and JTW
farmtimpioneer

farmtimpioneer

Wise Men Still Seek "Him"
Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2018
Brookville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I agree... but many of the places you’d take something like that aren’t the same as the places we go and visa-versa. However, it’s probably less expensive to go that route than the 50-80k truck pulling the 25k sxs in or on the trailer that’s $2500-75k depending on setups. In a lot of ways it makes sense.
We see a lot of outfits like that when we go to Red River Gorge they are mostly Jeeps and Toyota's, we come up this hill on our SXS's and it was very steep and rough when we cleared the top these Guys where waiting to go down, we watched them RIP the bumper off of a brand new Tundra going down they didn't seem to mind much,,,,,,,
IMG 20180721 143220533

J

JTW

We see a lot of outfits like that when we go to Red River Gorge they are mostly Jeeps and Toyota's, we come up this hill on our SXS's and it was very steep and rough when we cleared the top these Guys where waiting to go down, we watched them RIP the bumper off of a brand new Tundra going down they didn't seem to mind much,,,,,,,
View attachment 177767
Yeah.. we run across jeeps a lot. But not really doing the overland thing, just riding. Moab is where I’ve seen most of the overland type setups.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Just a little place to start collecting overlanding content.. all things overlanding are welcome!

Maybe you’re wonder what overlanding is..
What is Overlanding :: Overland Journal

Overlanding 101: What It Is and How to Get Started - OnAllCylinders

I can see where a forum section titled Overlanding / Boondocking would be helpful so the specific threads for particular topics could be made to organize subjects such as:

Machine setup and accessories
Tools & Replacement Parts
Communications
Navigation - Guides, Maps, GPS, etc.
Shelter and sleeping
Cooking and Food
First Aid & Medical Emergencies
Boondocking, Transport, & Base Camp
Videos & Publications

Once @Hondasxs gets server upgrades done could port these posts into the specific topics for easier reference. What say you @JTW ?

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That’s a good question I’ve pondered on all snorkel setups... there almost has to be some sort of low point with a one way drain.
Wifes wolverine had a low point with a drain. Until I snorkeled it.

Reactions: Dp5hunter and JTW
Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I can see where a forum section titled Overlanding / Boondocking would be helpful so the specific threads for particular topics could be made to organize subjects such as:

Communications
Shelter and sleeping
Cooking and Food
Videos & Publications

Once @Hondasxs gets server upgrades done could port these posts into the specific topics for easier reference. What say you @JTW ?
That would be awsome.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

Communications
Shelter and sleeping
Cooking and Food
Videos & Publications

He's into smelling hair! HA!

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I follow this guy and another guy named bud Nixon. They do a lot with overlanding and jeeps in some beautiful places by @CumminsPusher and @popeye

J

JTW

Communications
Shelter and sleeping
Cooking and Food
Videos & Publications

That’s the game plan... we’ve talked about it since Moab. That’s the reason I started this thread, so we could have some content in the overland section.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I would have a hard time taking a $60,000 to $80,000 rig like that down a off road trail, I could buy a lot of SXS's for that$$$$$o_O
No, it would be a great way to overland. And when you’ve used it up, you buy another one, shrug. :cool:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!