All things Overlanding!!

B

bionicman

Oct 19, 2019
seattle
Ownership

1. Talon X
I'd add image of my overlanding setup but forum does not allow uploads....

Reactions: Plumber32
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Meh don't pay attention to JACKAL hes just the grumpy guy in the corner of the room yelling at anyone that comes near, as if he hasn't started as much s*** or added as much fuel to the fire in many arguments as the normal person he just can't remember it. I guess they started letting the residents have computers in the old folks home, good for them!

FB IMG 1579718579931

stellarpod

stellarpod

Lifetime Member
Apr 18, 2019
OKC, OK - USA
Ownership

1. Talon X
Just watched this TFLoffroad video on the F-250 Ford Tremor in both 6.8L V8 diesel and 7.3L V8 gas.
Impressive. Of course, I wouldn't necessarily call this a grueling test, but it was eye-opening nonetheless. Not sure I'd pick a full-size pickup as my *adventure* vehicle, but these are really sweet.

Steve

Reactions: Dp5hunter and JTW
J

JTW

Just watched this TFLoffroad video on the F-250 Ford Tremor in both 6.8L V8 diesel and 7.3L V8 gas.
Impressive. Of course, I wouldn't necessarily call this a grueling test, but it was eye-opening nonetheless. Not sure I'd pick a full-size pickup as my *adventure* vehicle, but these are really sweet.

Steve
Pretty cool... I’m not much on the big blocks for towing. But it would be interesting in an overland truck but I’m not sure why a feller would go that route vs a raptor or even an f150 tricked out

Reactions: Dp5hunter
stellarpod

stellarpod

Lifetime Member
Apr 18, 2019
OKC, OK - USA
Ownership

1. Talon X
Pretty cool... I’m not much on the big blocks for towing. But it would be interesting in an overland truck but I’m not sure why a feller would go that route vs a raptor or even an f150 tricked out

I can't see a valid reason unless you're towing something pretty substantial (which seems like kind of the antithesis to "overlanding").

Steve

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I can't see a valid reason unless you're towing something pretty substantial (which seems like kind of the antithesis to "overlanding").

Steve

Carrying capacity may be an arguement but I'd put air bags on a half ton. And if that's doesnt suffice then you're probably hauling too much s***, or the wrong s***, or both.

G

GWH

Lifetime Member
Dec 25, 2018
Las Vegas Nevads
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Carrying capacity may be an arguement but I'd put air bags on a half ton. And if that's doesnt suffice then you're probably hauling too much s***, or the wrong s***, or both.
So what about the diesel powered half tons?They are getting more interesting.you can not ignore the mpg

advertisement
G

GWH

Lifetime Member
Dec 25, 2018
Las Vegas Nevads
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What engine does kilo have in that Big ass ford that drug ur trailer to Moab and back last year?

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
So what about the diesel powered half tons?They are getting more interesting.you can not ignore the mpg

I'm referring to 3/4 tons not the engine. I think a half ton diesel is certainly worth considering.

J

JTW

I'm referring to 3/4 tons not the engine. I think a half ton diesel is certainly worth considering.
I dunno... the new stuff with def is questionable for an overland type vehicle. I know the early dodges had issues. The Ford is kind of a turd from what I’m seeing on numbers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: BWAF and Plumber32
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!