P1000 Any south florida/ florida riders?

dereklm

dereklm

Jun 25, 2017
Port St Joe, Fl
Ownership

1. 700-4
Bogs n boulders is maybe 2hrs from you.

I’ve been there a couple times. Just not in the Honda. Hoping to find something more trail oriented.

Let me know when y’all plan another trip to Stoney. I might be able to swing it. Or top trails. Stoney is 4 and 1/2 for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’ve been there a couple times. Just not in the Honda. Hoping to find something more trail oriented.

Let me know when y’all plan another trip to Stoney. I might be able to swing it. Or top trails. Stoney is 4 and 1/2 for me.

10-4, next week or two I’m headed to Stony to finish the map of it.

Need to replace brakes, a-arm bushings, and change fluids at 1200mile interval. Waiting on parts.

Reactions: knuckledeep
dereklm

dereklm

Jun 25, 2017
Port St Joe, Fl
Ownership

1. 700-4
It’s most likely sept before I’ll be able to travel. I will have to rent a cabin for the night. Not gonna try and drive 5 hours back after a ride. .

Reactions: ohanacreek
Brett002

Brett002

Feb 28, 2017
Bangladesh
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon R
It’s most likely sept before I’ll be able to travel. I will have to rent a cabin for the night. Not gonna try and drive 5 hours back after a ride. .

There is Tates Hell. Not sure about terrain or anything...It's in the Carrabelle area. I would love to go check it out. There is also the Apalachicola state forest. It's miles and miles of trails and dirt roads of mixed terrain. I rarely ride there unless it's with someone who knows it well. The blocks are like 20 miles by 20 miles, so one wrong turn will have you back tracking what feels like forever. There is the Osceola state forest in Lake City. Have yet to check it out. Did carry my ski boat over to ocean pond once and was looking at their kiosk with the trail maps... Looks to be some good riding.

Yogi park in Madison Fl... It's small but a perfect place to camp and keep the little ones occupied and contained. lol

Back when I had my Honda 450r's we would load up and go to Albany Ga. and go ride the dunes up there. Yes, you all heard me right... Dunes in Albany Ga. Would love to take the pioneer up there as there are tons of trails by the flint river you can ride as well.

If you ever bored and want to come ride around my area, your more than welcome. I have a 16' p3 with right at 12,000 miles on the ol' gal. Plenty of places to ride around me. That goes for any of you.

We all need to get together and organize a ride somewhere. Apalachicola would be the perfect place as it's a good central location for everyone. Any south Georgia lower Alabama people are welcome as well. Shoot! Anybody is welcome...

dereklm

dereklm

Jun 25, 2017
Port St Joe, Fl
Ownership

1. 700-4
Thanks for the info. I definitely want to ride Apalachicolo state park soon. Tetes Hell looks promising. Only about 2 hours for me. If you want to try it out let me know..

TaterP1k

TaterP1k

Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2018
South florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Im down in Sunrise. ill be back mid august workign overseas right now. Once im back im down to travel around. Also if anyone wants to meet up at big cypress ill show you around. just have your ventlines and a snorkel ready. this time of the year the trails can be flooded. cool part is that your machine comes back cleaner than when you left. most of the way its 1 foot deep and its driving around in a washing machine. lol

Reactions: dereklm
M

mchaulerz

Jan 22, 2016
Bradenton, FL
Ownership

1. 700-4
Looks like this thread has plenty of life left. Just moved to Bradenton area. Looking for a few places to ride. Have any of you taken your SxS to Florida Track and Trails in Punta Gorda? I am wondering if it is worth it for a sxs and atv. Also I have heard, in order to ride on Florida public land, I will need to have my rides registered in FL. Is this true? I am from Missouri, the atv is titled in MO but the sxs is not. Only have the statement or origin. Anyway, thanks in advance for any info.

knuckledeep

knuckledeep

my trailer queen is trashy
Lifetime Member
Dec 16, 2015
Eustis florida
Ownership

1. 1000-3
welcome to FL. to ride state trails just have to pay 10bucks for 3 days pass haven't been to florida track and trails but planning on going at least once

Reactions: mchaulerz
G

GBailey

Dec 27, 2017
Lake City, Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The Osceola has many trails with sandy bottoms and some deep water in places.
20180428_163554.jpg

dereklm

dereklm

Jun 25, 2017
Port St Joe, Fl
Ownership

1. 700-4
The Osceola has many trails with sandy bottoms and some deep water in places.
20180428_163554.jpg

With all this rain I’m sure the water is deep.

I’ll be looking to ride in oct. I hope.

G

GBailey

Dec 27, 2017
Lake City, Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Looks like this thread has plenty of life left. Just moved to Bradenton area. Looking for a few places to ride. Have any of you taken your SxS to Florida Track and Trails in Punta Gorda? I am wondering if it is worth it for a sxs and atv. Also I have heard, in order to ride on Florida public land, I will need to have my rides registered in FL. Is this true? I am from Missouri, the atv is titled in MO but the sxs is not. Only have the statement or origin. Anyway, thanks in advance for any info.

A title is required for all vehicles riding on public lands in Florida. See the link below for some helpful information.

Where to Ride / Off Highway Vehicles (OHV) / Recreation / Florida Forest Service / Divisions & Offices / Home - Florida Department of Agriculture & Consumer Services

Reactions: mchaulerz
M

mchaulerz

Jan 22, 2016
Bradenton, FL
Ownership

1. 700-4
Thanks everyone for the responses and help. We ended up going out to Florida Tracks and Trails on Saturday. They have a pretty good thing going on there. There is different types of riding for everyone. Trails, motocross tracks, an awesome beach with clean water. I would tell ya to check it out if in the area. Obviously with the rainy season now, it is pretty wet in the trails. If you do not have a snorkel on your ride, you may want to wait until October.

B

Bigdogpc

Aug 27, 2018
Central Florida
Ownership

1. 500
Plant City here, this thread is looking dead but I found it anyway. I used to ride RR on 2up, not a big fan of it. Croom was OK but I'm age blessed and the whoops were hard on me and mine. Looking to try the place in Punta Gorda and Ocala. Just got the Pioneer 500 so haven't really had it out yet.

Frodriguez17

Frodriguez17

Nov 24, 2017
Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thonotosassa near Tampa.

New to Florida and looking for places to ride. My 1000-5 is street legal (registered in South Dakota). I am a little disappointed that there are so few places to ride with all of the open land, all private and locked up. I am thinking about exploring the area north of Yankee town to Perry for the back roads / logging roads.

Any suggestions?
RIVER RANCH, But make sure you are snorkeled!!!!!

FL_CrackerLife

FL_CrackerLife

Lifetime Member
Feb 24, 2017
Lecanto, FL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Crystal River, FL. We ride phosphate hills. 2415aeddfab5facf60e14b5cd8dfdc7f

FL_CrackerLife

FL_CrackerLife

Lifetime Member
Feb 24, 2017
Lecanto, FL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
We usually ride there every Saturday night. Ready for cooler weather so Saturday nights and Sundays out there.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!